• A Wetpaint Site

Discussion: I think my screen is broken. but i need my pictures and contacts.

Watch

Anonymous  (Get credit for your thread)

Anonymous
I think my screen is broken. but i need my pictures and contacts.
Jul 3 2008, 4:10 PM EDT
theres been a crack in my touch screen for a long time. its actually an old phone i got from a friend. here recently its been doing really weird stuff where the phone will freeze while im trying to text. and i have to pop out the battery and put it back in and turn the phone back on. well it'd be dong better about that but now when i turn the phone on the screen doesnt work. it has stripes of different colors and they kind of flash. but i have a few contacts on there that were saved to my phone instead of my SIM card that i really need, and also i was hoping to e-mail my pictures to my computer. problem being quite obviously that i can't see whats going on to do that. i know how, i just can't see whats going on on the screen. is there any way someone could help me? tell me what buttons to push and in what order or something if they have the same phone? anything would be helpful. thanks. 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
denco7
denco7
RE: I think my screen is broken. but i need my pictures and contacts.
Jul 3 2008, 4:41 PM EDT
Can you use active sync to establish a connection with your phone? then everything will automatically load to your computer. Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Jul 3 2008, 4:53 PM EDT
"Can you use active sync to establish a connection with your phone? then everything will automatically load to your computer."
maybe if i downloaded the active sync thing they have, but this isnt my computer and i didnt wanna have to do that unless i absolutely have to. but if i do that will all my stuff go to the computer? 2  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    
denco7
denco7
Jul 3 2008, 5:05 PM EDT
"maybe if i downloaded the active sync thing they have, but this isnt my computer and i didnt wanna have to do that unless i absolutely have to. but if i do that will all my stuff go to the computer?"
Yes you will be able to sync every thing to your computer. You will also be able to access your phone's folders from your computer. 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Jul 3 2008, 5:24 PM EDT
it says if i wanna upload my contacts i gotta go on my phone and download outlook or something like that, but i cant see to do it. 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
denco7
denco7
Jul 3 2008, 5:35 PM EDT
"it says if i wanna upload my contacts i gotta go on my phone and download outlook or something like that, but i cant see to do it."
Do you have your contacts all stored as sim contacts or outlook contacts. If they are outlook contacts, they should sync. If they are all sim contacts they should all remain on your sim card and can be moved to another phone.

If you can access your phone files through file explorer, the contacts file is labeled "pim"
Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Jul 3 2008, 5:41 PM EDT
"Do you have your contacts all stored as sim contacts or outlook contacts. If they are outlook contacts, they should sync. If they are all sim contacts they should all remain on your sim card and can be moved to another phone.

If you can access your phone files through file explorer, the contacts file is labeled "pim""
okay, heres what i did. most of my numbers are saved to SIM. but the people that i talk to very often i saved to my phone memory instead of SIM so i could set personalized pictures and ringtones and stuff. and when i go to click on contacts it wont let me, its got a darker tint to it showing it cant be selected. and idk how to get them off my phone to my computer now. however i did get my pictures and ringtones transferred, thank you for that. Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Jul 3 2008, 5:52 PM EDT
"Do you have your contacts all stored as sim contacts or outlook contacts. If they are outlook contacts, they should sync. If they are all sim contacts they should all remain on your sim card and can be moved to another phone.

If you can access your phone files through file explorer, the contacts file is labeled "pim""
it says: ActicveSync cannot synchronize E-Mail, Calendar, Contacts, Tasks, and Notes because Outlook is not installed on Windows PC 2. To synchronize E-Mail, Calendar, Contacts, Tasks, and Notes do the following: Disconnect the device, install and run Outlook, and then reconnect the device and try again. Do you find this valuable?    
denco7
denco7
Jul 3 2008, 6:15 PM EDT
"it says: ActicveSync cannot synchronize E-Mail, Calendar, Contacts, Tasks, and Notes because Outlook is not installed on Windows PC 2. To synchronize E-Mail, Calendar, Contacts, Tasks, and Notes do the following: Disconnect the device, install and run Outlook, and then reconnect the device and try again."
Any luck downloading the pim file? Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Jul 3 2008, 6:19 PM EDT
"Any luck downloading the pim file?"
well i would just download outlook like it says but its not my computer and i started to do it and its gonna take forever, and i have to leave in a few minutes. i may just have to try and remember all the peoples numbers im missing and get it from them personally. Do you find this valuable?    

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)
Site pages
Top Contributors