• A Wetpaint Site
Already a member?
Sign in
close
Welcome! Wikis are websites that everyone can build together. It's easy!

Discussion: HTC Cube installation

Keyword tags: Cube Internet share Kaiser Tweak Tilt Touchflo
Watch

Anonymous  (Get credit for your thread)

Anonymous
HTC Cube installation
Feb 24 2008, 11:02 AM EST
I recently purchased the tilt and saw the links on installing the Cube Theme (awsome feature). I had everything set up on the phone then tried to install the HTC Cube FloTouch cab. It worked fine but I could not edit the 6 sided application screen. After some searching and trying several other cabs, I decided to start from scratch. I found a great link for suggestions about the tilt at http://www.pocketables.net/2008/01/10-tips-on-fixi.html#T3 It had several suggestion on a variety of issues with the Tilt. The first tip talks about not using the AT&T preloaded links.. This is awsome.. It solved alot of problems. By not installing the AT&t software it seems to run faster. It also doesnt load the xpress mail and all the AT&T junk on the menus.

Here are the steps I used to install the Cube and am now able to edit the 6 application screen.
1) Updated ROM from HTC 1.62.502
2) Did a Hard Reset (Start>Settings>System>Clear Storage) This removes everything
3)When system restarted it ran the align screen
4) When sytems as to install AT&T software (give you screen with 3 Sec window for cutom app install) Hit the soft reset with stylus in hole at bottom of unit.
This will keep it from installing all the AT&T software automaticly. I have found most of the cabs and programs still on the unit.
5)Install the HTChome6.cab (this keeps you from getting other erros.you can disable on today screen)
6)Install the HTCCube_FTouchFlo_TFloCubeCtrlv110_Config-explode.cab
7)Soft Reset
8)Install teh Kaiser Tweak from xda. and ran the advised tweaks.
9)Soft Reset
10)Run the Start>programs>tools>Cube Settings program and you can edit the 6 app screen on the cube.. (changes the apps but not the graphics so far) Also can change to media player to windows media if not already done in the kaiser tweak.

This set up also puts the Internet share on the programs directory
Hope this helps. Tripper
2  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    
Rainman76
Rainman76
RE: HTC Cube installation
Feb 24 2008, 12:07 PM EST
This is exactly what I did on my Tilt. I should have posted your instructions as a sticky as well. Good idea. I posted all of these tweaks on this site after doing a lot of research on other forums. Glad to hear that this is all working for you. 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
tfintel
tfintel
Feb 24 2008, 1:38 PM EST
One ore quick note... After I got all this working the active sync would not work due to a setting on the usb-pc. It would work with bluetooth and sync but not the usb cable.
Here is what I did to correct the issue.
1)Start>Settings>Connections/USB toPC> then uncheck the Enable advanced network functionality.
After doing this the computer recognized the Tilt and activesync immediatly.

Later
Tripper
Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Tuesday, 10:51 AM EST
Where can I find this HTCCube_FTouchFlo_TFloCubeCtrlv110_Config-explode.cab file?
I have a T-mobile Kaiser. Is it ready for HTC Cube?
Rainman76
Rainman76
Tuesday, 12:34 PM EST
"Where can I find this HTCCube_FTouchFlo_TFloCubeCtrlv110_Config-explode.cab file?
I have a T-mobile Kaiser. Is it ready for HTC Cube?"
I posted the link on this site here. Here is the link:

http://rapidshare.com/files/75947199/HTCCube_FTouchFlo_TFloCubeCtrlv110_Config-xplode.cab
nicktrips

nicktrips
Yesterday, 10:24 PM EST
I installed the http://rapidshare.com/files/75947199/HTCCube_FTouchFlo_TFloCubeCtrlv110_Config-xplode.cab however I can't seam to follow all the steps (I'm new to all this) So, I went to remove programs but now everytime I start up the phone it talles me: The file 'FTouchFlo' cannot be opened. Either it is signed with a trusted certificate, or one of its components cannot be found. If the problem persists, try reinstalling or restoring this file. SO I did reintall and then removed it thru remove programs. Same message. Any help on how to get rid of it?
nicktrips

nicktrips
Yesterday, 10:26 PM EST
I installing it, that was the only step I took... didnn't take any steps beyond that. Do you find this valuable?    

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)