• A Wetpaint Site
close
Welcome! Wikis are websites that everyone can build together. It's easy!

Discussion: SanDisk 8GB microSD files disappear?!?

Keyword tags: Sprint Sprint Touch TouchFlo
Watch

Anonymous  (Get credit for your thread)

Anonymous
SanDisk 8GB microSD files disappear?!?
Feb 6 2008, 10:29 PM EST
Hello, I'm having troubles with my new 8GB SanDisk MicroSD in my HTC Touch (CDMA). It seems like when I wake the phone from sleep mode the files disappear! I am having no problems with 1GB and 2GB cards from Kingston. Has anyone heard about this problem or know of a fix? If i reboot the phone the files will re-appear just fine in file explorer. I'm about to test the card in some friends cell phones as per HTC support.

I have no issues with the card in the included reader in WindowsXP. Currently SanDisk telling me that the card is not at fault! Please help! Thanks :)
1  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
RE: SanDisk 8GB microSD files disappear?!?
Feb 8 2008, 5:27 AM EST
Uh...It is because the phone only supports up to a 4GB card! 0  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Feb 13 2008, 12:58 PM EST
I just purchased a Patriot 4GB class 6 microSD and the phone is doing the exact same thing. I really suspect my Touch now. I'm going to bell world to try and get an exchange. 0  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Feb 14 2008, 3:23 PM EST
I've got a 4GB card in mine and find the same thing! oddly enuff it's only the video and image files that are vanishing, the programs I installed to the card and other files I stored there are still present! POS. 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Feb 26 2008, 12:57 AM EST
I've been having the same problem occasionally with the one gig card it came with... and with the 2 gig card I'm using now.

My phone isn't set to sleep, but I charge it religiously. My solution? It was only going to sleep after an automatic backup through a program. I just set it to only do this once a week. After the backup was done, I'd restart.

Not 100% sure, but I think this is an issue with the driver... and it may be fixed in the next update (if we ever GET an update).

One other thing... have you tried formatting the card using the phone? I find that sometimes helps with card compatibility issues. My camera is famously finicky, for one.
Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Feb 27 2008, 4:13 PM EST
I was told by Rogers Wireless that the HTC Touch only supports a 2G card MAX.

I am on my 5TH HTC Touch and am EXTREMELY DISSAPOINTED with it now. I have tried everything; soft resets, re-loading my music, etc ... ALL 5 units do a "digitizing" noise when I listen to music on it and try to shut off the unit. When I copy music to my 2G card, it is in correct order IF I use Windows Media Player, but when I try to use the MP3 player on the HTC, the songs are all in alphabetical order and I can't change them on the phone without creating a new list: quite annoying. Now, the characters in the alarm have changed to gibbersih where it's supposed to show text, etc, etc, etc ... I have called tech support, and was supposed to be called back MONDAY by 2nd tier support and have yet to hear from them (it is now late Wednesday afternoon) ... If you want to get a touch screen phone, I suggest you DON'T get an HTC touch and I am now telling EVERYONE I KNOW not to get one ... Either they have not been beta tested enough (my unit is a French one, since I 'm in Canada) and there are SO MANY BUGS on it, it is not worth the $349.00 price. After over 45 calls to Rogers Wireless and 10 calls to HTC I am fed up. The phone is nice, it's just a PIECE OF CRAP THAT I AM NOW RETURNING.

if anyone has had similar experiences, I'd love to hear about thenm, because both Rogers Wireless and HTC Tech support tell me they have heard of NO PROBLEMS with these phones. So basically, I am being called a liar: I can't be the only person having these problems.

HALIFAXDAN
Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Feb 28 2008, 10:52 PM EST
you are an idiot who knows nothing about software 0  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    
mikeinstlouis

mikeinstlouis
Mar 4 2008, 2:02 PM EST
We are all idiots then who no nothing of software...it happens that I lose my pix all the time. Keep your ignorant comments to yourself. If you can't help, shut the hell up.
2  out of 3 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Mar 5 2008, 11:50 AM EST
I believe you'll find your card is an 8gb microSDHC ..not actually microSD, microSD only goes up to 2GB which is the supported format.

Neil
1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Mar 5 2008, 5:45 PM EST
forget my previous post, I see the GSM version is SD only.

Neil
1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Mar 17 2008, 11:49 AM EDT
Out oc curiosity, has anyone tried partitioning the MicroSD card with multiple 2GB partiions? Since Fat32 only supports 2GB. So for the 6GB card you end up with 3 - 2Gb partitions? 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Mar 19 2008, 9:09 AM EDT
Update your phone to the new Rom and it will fix your problem. Love this Mogul phone. It beats Iphone anytime. Do you find this valuable?    

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)