• A Wetpaint Site
close
Welcome! Wikis are websites that everyone can build together. It's easy!

Discussion: Phone will not turn on from sleep mode

Keyword tags: 8925 AT&T 8925 AT&T Tilt HTC TyTN II kaiser tilt
Watch

Anonymous  (Get credit for your thread)

2 | Next
dfarmer5

dfarmer5
Phone will not turn on from sleep mode
Feb 19 2008, 12:25 PM EST
I have a ATT Tilt HTC 8925. Many times when it goes to sleep mode it will not come back on when I press the power button. To get it back on I have to do a soft reset. Can you tell me what I need to do to resolve this problem. I have had this phone 3 weeks. Thanks 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
RE: Phone will not turn on from sleep mode
Feb 25 2008, 11:50 AM EST
had same problem and they had me erase eberything did a hard rest. that eas saturday and had no problems soo far Do you find this valuable?    
ccsrgv

ccsrgv
Feb 25 2008, 12:47 PM EST
Also having same problem!!! Serious defect in phone!!! Have missed several extremely important calls simply because phone locked up, but gave no physical indications of any problem. Requires removing & replacing battery to reset phone, only to have it happen again - repeatedly!!! Is there a fis for this gross error!!! Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Feb 25 2008, 3:56 PM EST
maybe its a program u loaded. call at&t and if they cant fix it they patched me to htc. the htc rep said if enough people complain they may come up with a rom update to fix the problem Do you find this valuable?    
ccsrgv

ccsrgv
Feb 25 2008, 4:34 PM EST
has nothing whatsoever to do with user or customer installed programs since I had not installed anything prior to posting. I have, however, downloaded & installed the Kaiser tweak program since. I can't yet tell whether this made any difference. Thanx

Also, since my original posting I have noticed that many others are reporting the same problem. Apparently, there was a "fix" posted for a short time on HTC's website, but it was pulled for creating more problems than it solved. Also, the same problem is being reported by users regardless of their service provider, so it can't be attributed to any particular service provider or customized build. Hopefully, HTC will make a "fix" available that actually resolves this (& other) problems without creating more problems at the same time.
Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Feb 25 2008, 7:26 PM EST
I seem to have had the same problem ever since the latest ROM software update. I used to have similar problems with the 8525. My Tilt worked great, and it rarely hung up or didn't "wake" up. I recently installed the new ROM and now I've had to hard-reset twice, and I get the Rip-Van-Winkle effect, and I have had to soft-reset many more times. I regret installing the ROM now. I am hoping for a fix or a way to work around it. Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Feb 26 2008, 12:47 AM EST
I have the same problems and i am not using any special softwares, please i need an answer , i rest that thing every hour a day, i am thinking to throw away this phone, it si annoying Do you find this valuable?    
trutest

trutest
Feb 26 2008, 9:42 AM EST
I have the same problem. I carry my phone on my hip belt in a solft case and wonder if I may be pressing the phone some way to cause this problem. I'm going to try carrying it differently and see if this helps.
I would like to hear from HTC about this problem and what if anything they are doing.

Anonymous
Mar 6 2008, 8:54 PM EST
It happened to me today. Just Take the SIM card out, press the power button and it will turn on. Put the sim card back again and lock it. Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Mar 15 2008, 10:49 AM EDT
HTC!!!! Are you listening???!!! Are you awake???!!! Are you doing anything about this???!!! Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Mar 16 2008, 1:42 PM EDT
Does any one have any suggestions on what we can do to get HTC to something about this issue. It is a major problem. I have sent them emails and had no response. Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Mar 16 2008, 5:23 PM EDT
My mother has an 8525 and I have a tilt. Her unit seems to go in to sleep mode and never wakes often. My new tilt has only done it once. Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Mar 18 2008, 12:27 PM EDT
Isn't it ironic that this message board is hosted by the manufacturer of this problematic phone, yet they have made no effort to reply to any of these cries for help with their product, much less resolve the issue???!!! 0  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Mar 18 2008, 6:07 PM EDT
Upgraded from the 8525 to the Tilt. I experinced similar sleep problems. I returned that Tilt and received a new Tilt. Been using it for the last 2 days with no sleep problems but have experinced dropped calls in strong signal areas and slow responce from the Today Page to Messages. I'm going to keep it a few more days and if the problems continue, I'm going to return it and never buy a htc product again. Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Mar 19 2008, 12:40 AM EDT
Yes, Have had my Tytn II for around 8 months now - was working great then in the last two weeks I have the same problem - system seems to be fully functional in thet I can take incoming calls etc - only the screen stays off - and I have to continually soft reset to get the thing working again. I totally reset the device twice and have no additional software installed than I had when the machine was working. As a business user this phone is rapidly turning into an expensive piece of junk.

Are we all posting in vein or is someone actually kistening to us here?

Anonymous
Mar 19 2008, 9:13 AM EDT
We need to make this information available to potential buyers so that they don't buy a lemon. Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Mar 19 2008, 3:03 PM EDT
Easy fix if u guys continue to have this issue call AT&T if you brought the phone from them they will try a reset on the device and if still does not work and phone is less than a year old they will replace the device. If they say you need to speak with HTC just say that you have alrdy spoken to them and they do not have any fixes all they did was a reset on the device. As long as the phone is brought through AT&T and had it less than 1 year it is under warrenty. You will prob get a refurbished phone which could led to more issues lol but atleast you won't be missing calls and you will be able to power it back up without having to do a soft reset.. Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Mar 21 2008, 10:06 AM EDT
This an update from my 03/18/08 post: I'm pleased to say that I have not had any sleep problems with the new phone, and the dropped call problem has gone away, as well as the slow responce from the Today Page to Messages. I can't say I have done anything except turn all alerts to minimum configurations. Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Mar 25 2008, 3:01 PM EDT
"I have a ATT Tilt HTC 8925. Many times when it goes to sleep mode it will not come back on when I press the power button. To get it back on I have to do a soft reset. Can you tell me what I need to do to resolve this problem. I have had this phone 3 weeks. Thanks"
I have a ATT Tilt HTC 8925. Many times when it goes to sleep mode it will not come back on when I press the power button. To get it back on I have to do a soft reset. I am sending this phone back to at&t they said they will send me a refub had phone 6mo 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Mar 25 2008, 3:01 PM EDT
Sorryt... can you explain what you mean by "turn all alerts to minimum"?

Thanks
1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
2 | Next

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)
Top Contributors