• A Wetpaint Site
close
Welcome! Wikis are websites that everyone can build together. It's easy!

Discussion: 8525 WM6 - Phone Signal

Keyword tags: AT&T 8525 Dopod 838 Pro Dopod CHT 9000 HTC Hermes HTC TyTN O2 XDA trion Orange SPV M3100 T-Mobile MDA Vario II VPA Compact III
Watch

Anonymous  (Get credit for your thread)

t4188pm

t4188pm
8525 WM6 - Phone Signal
Nov 15 2007, 7:59 PM EST
Hi, I need some help. I have an 8525 and since upgrading to WM6 I am having problems keeping my AT&T signal. It seems that when I go to an area with low or no signal it remains in "no service" until reboot or manually stop and start the phone icon in the comm manage menu. I did not have this problem with WM5. Any and all assistance will be appreaciated. 2  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    
t4188pm

t4188pm
RE: 8525 WM6 - Phone Signal
Nov 15 2007, 8:02 PM EST
I should clarify - when I go to an area where the signal is strong I must reboot or stop and start the phone icon in order to get a signal. Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Dec 19 2007, 5:55 PM EST
Him the same here i have HTC S710 (Vox) sometimes the signal remains in no service other phones have very good signal at the time.. so it is defintelly a phone problem. Also sometimes the signal icon show something like stop sign, only reboot helps....
Please help
Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Feb 23 2008, 4:26 PM EST
You might want to check the type of SIM card you guys are on.
Currently investigating the same kind of problem myself, and all my users are using the same type of 64k SIM's.
"Downgrading" to a 32k SIM seems to keep the problem away - although network depending this MIGHT mean that you will be in 2G operation ONLY - but better than cut calls and "No Service"

Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Feb 24 2008, 1:15 AM EST
I have the same problem on all networks (home and roaming) ! Any idea, plz ... ? Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Feb 25 2008, 2:52 PM EST
Well....what type of SIM?...What kind of device?
...If you want ideas other than above.
0  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Feb 27 2008, 10:47 AM EST
I am having the same problem since I installed the ATT WM6. I had another version of WM6 before and this never happened. Could this be a network setting in the ATT version? Do you find this valuable?    
8525bayarea

8525bayarea
Feb 28 2008, 2:21 AM EST
Again, I also am having this problem. I moved from southern california where the phone was fantastic, to northern california where's its become a glorified paperweight. at times i have 2-3 bars of signal and calls wont go through. not even to voicemail. i often cant send texts, and when i do, i get a flood of incoming texts from the last 24 hours or so that all arrive at once. same with voicemails. sometimes i will answer the phone after 1 ring and people will tell me its been ringing for 5 or 6 rings. sometimes they say it rings and they leave a message and nothing happens on my end. not even a missed call or voicemail notification until sometimes hours later. even more, the battery is not lasting a full day anymore, i suspect b/c the phone is constantly looking for a signal. AT&T cant seem to do anything, luckily twice when customer service tried to call me they experienced the problem from their end. but still no solution, just a giant paperweight in my pocket... Do you find this valuable?    
fjumayao
fjumayao
Apr 3 2008, 3:04 AM EDT
"You might want to check the type of SIM card you guys are on.
Currently investigating the same kind of problem myself, and all my users are using the same type of 64k SIM's.
"Downgrading" to a 32k SIM seems to keep the problem away - although network depending this MIGHT mean that you will be in 2G operation ONLY - but better than cut calls and "No Service"

"
just curious where do I get this 32K Sim? I don't mind being in 2G as long as I get as many dropped calls and low signals. Do you find this valuable?    

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)
Wiki pages
Top Contributors