• A Wetpaint Site
Already a member?
Sign in
close
Welcome! Wikis are websites that everyone can build together. It's easy!

Discussion: picking the right software for your phone

Keyword tags: 6800 bell ppc6800 utstarcom
Watch

Anonymous  (Get credit for your thread)

cravinmild

cravinmild
picking the right software for your phone
Feb 3 2008, 1:55 PM EST
I have been looking for various types of programs,games and other cool stuff to personalize my phone. While looking i am asked for the type of os on the phone. All sites warn not to instal on the wrong os as it will cause problems. There is a ton of stuff available but am not shur exactly what type of os i have. Bell ppc 6800. Is it a palm os, windows os, or some other. i think Windows mobile myself but not completly shur. Has anyone else tried or suggest some sites where u just have a picture of the phone and it will list all softwear available for that exact phone. Also with demos or trials i was wondering if it is easy to remove/sync. If anyone has software that has instaled easy and problem free for this phone please list. I have no idea what to instal but would like to start. Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
RE: picking the right software for your phone
Feb 3 2008, 3:35 PM EST
OS VER. Windows Moblie 6.0 Professional.
As it has a touch screen, Microsoft calls it a PocketPC Device. Most Programs that are made for OS VER. WIndows Mobile 5.0 Will work on this device. A good place to start learning is here: "http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobile/default.mspx" or read the manual on the CD that came with the device.
Do you find this valuable?    

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)
Top Contributors