• A Wetpaint Site
Already a member?
Sign in
close
Welcome! Wikis are websites that everyone can build together. It's easy!

Discussion: any one try it

Keyword tags: Bell ruu update
Watch

Anonymous  (Get credit for your thread)

cravinmild

cravinmild
any one try it
Mar 9 2008, 2:25 PM EDT
Have been not had a change to update to the new rom yet. Went to the place i bought it from and asked them to do it for me(i run vista :( and not supported or requmended) Have lost the internet ability but think it is something simple and not worried as i will need to reset after ruu anyways. anywhooo was told there was no update(told him i talked to bell allrighty and there was a new update then they said they forgot and there was one) but said he did not know where to get it from. So i told him from UTStarcom and then he remebered that also. So he took the phone and then tried for 20 min and told me he could not do it.(think it has to do with the pc you download to and verification). Said his "buddy" at the other store could do it as his buddy knows more than him and it was also the main outlet but did not know what "cost" to do it would be. HUUUMMMMMMMMMMM = I cant fix the phone i sold u BUT i send u to someone who can for a cost. HUMMMM hate to think they are spliting the money later at the bar. Sorry to assume the worst but hey look at the times were in. Can u blame me. When i went to utstarcom on the bell phone(wi-fi limmited data plan and internet does not work throught data plan) it looked as though there were two ruu's for download but when i went on my pc i could only see one. mabey its just me. So anyone who can help out a lazy person out and fill in my blanks as to how it worked/didnt work i would appreaciate it.
0  out of 3 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
RE: any one try it
Thursday, 3:59 AM EDT
Try this blog post at PCWorld: http://blogs.pcworld.com/staffblog/archives/006625.html
Or you can get the stuff directly from HTC: http://www.htc.com/us/FAQ_Detail.aspx?p_id=75&act=sd
And information directly from Sprint: http://newsreleases.sprint.com/phoenix.zhtml?c=127149&p=irol-newsArticle_newsroom&ID=1117016

Should be mostly self explanatory. It was only released on 3/10/08, so it may not have been available yet on Sunday when you posted.
Do you find this valuable?    
Rainman76
Rainman76
Saturday, 10:10 AM EDT
"Have been not had a change to update to the new rom yet. Went to the place i bought it from and asked them to do it for me(i run vista :( and not supported or requmended) Have lost the internet ability but think it is something simple and not worried as i will need to reset after ruu anyways. anywhooo was told there was no update(told him i talked to bell allrighty and there was a new update then they said they forgot and there was one) but said he did not know where to get it from. So i told him from UTStarcom and then he remebered that also. So he took the phone and then tried for 20 min and told me he could not do it.(think it has to do with the pc you download to and verification). Said his "buddy" at the other store could do it as his buddy knows more than him and it was also the main outlet but did not know what "cost" to do it would be. HUUUMMMMMMMMMMM = I cant fix the phone i sold u BUT i send u to someone who can for a cost. HUMMMM hate to think they are spliting the money later at the bar. Sorry to assume the worst but hey look at the times were in. Can u blame me. When i went to utstarcom on the bell phone(wi-fi limmited data plan and internet does not work throught data plan) it looked as though there were two ruu's for download but when i went on my pc i could only see one. mabey its just me. So anyone who can help out a lazy person out and fill in my blanks as to how it worked/didnt work i would appreaciate it.
"
I did a video review of it on www.pocketnow.com and it works pretty well. The only problem I had was that Google Maps Mobile wouldn't recognize the GPS. Do you find this valuable?    
cravinmild

cravinmild
Yesterday, 11:59 AM EDT
"Have been not had a change to update to the new rom yet. Went to the place i bought it from and asked them to do it for me(i run vista :( and not supported or requmended) Have lost the internet ability but think it is something simple and not worried as i will need to reset after ruu anyways. anywhooo was told there was no update(told him i talked to bell allrighty and there was a new update then they said they forgot and there was one) but said he did not know where to get it from. So i told him from UTStarcom and then he remebered that also. So he took the phone and then tried for 20 min and told me he could not do it.(think it has to do with the pc you download to and verification). Said his "buddy" at the other store could do it as his buddy knows more than him and it was also the main outlet but did not know what "cost" to do it would be. HUUUMMMMMMMMMMM = I cant fix the phone i sold u BUT i send u to someone who can for a cost. HUMMMM hate to think they are spliting the money later at the bar. Sorry to assume the worst but hey look at the times were in. Can u blame me. When i went to utstarcom on the bell phone(wi-fi limmited data plan and internet does not work throught data plan) it looked as though there were two ruu's for download but when i went on my pc i could only see one. mabey its just me. So anyone who can help out a lazy person out and fill in my blanks as to how it worked/didnt work i would appreaciate it.
"
ok here is an update (hahahahah get it) on my Bell phone update. I brought the phone to the main Bell store in town and had my update installed FREE OF CHARGE whhhooooohhhhhooooo. Other than that not to much to tell. Everything looks as though it should. I can say that my MSN Messenger work properly now. No more showing up as off-line all the time. Started msn messenger and went through the set up and it worked right away. The IE works also now but had mention this was more to do with somthing i did somehow but it works now to (as far as i can tell). One thing to note is after backing it up before dropping it off and the Bell rep also doing a back up i still have to re-enter all my email (shaw) settings into the phone to get email. This would have been nice to have saved somehow as there were problems getting email to work. This also leads me to assume i will have to do this for various other stuff on the phone. One other note is that sync has issues to do with email. The error is with how much email i have. It requested that i delete some of the email. Now does this mean i have to delete my junk email??? or perhapes my main email (use outlook pulled from shaw email). I like to keep everything just because.......well cause i can. As i pull direct from shaw account mabey i have a folder there with junk in it. think it has to do with a setting for amount of/or which day/s of email u want to sync to get. Now the big big big big question DOES BLUETOOTH WORK and i have a simple answer......I don't know......havn't tried it yet. WIll report back later as how well the imput from headset is, voice quality , disconnects and freezes. For the most part is was bad voice call quality and slow response time using bt headset buttons. I have gotten use to the fussy connect/disconnect button slapping moments to keep the phone from messing around. So there u have it a succesfull Bell rom update to 2.13.666.1 rom update 11/22/07 Do you find this valuable?    

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)