• A Wetpaint Site
Already a member?
Sign in
close
Welcome! Wikis are websites that everyone can build together. It's easy!

Discussion: ATT TILT 8925 - Workarounds for Blackberry Connect Overrides?

Keyword tags: 8925 AT&T 8925 AT&T Tilt HTC TyTN II kaiser tilt
Watch

Anonymous  (Get credit for your thread)

ebp

ebp
ATT TILT 8925 - Workarounds for Blackberry Connect Overrides?
Jan 23 2008, 11:05 AM EST
Well, I was pretty happy with this device, had all my POP mail accounts working great and doing scheduled send/receives, and liked the big keypad for touch screen PIN entry on device lock. Then I configured the Blackberry connect software and got my email through work's enterprise server working. This worked great as well. Then I realized that my POP accounts would no longer send/receive on a scheduled basis. The only way was to force a send/receive. Talking to AT&T, this is a problem. It was recommended to move the POP accounts over to the Blackberry connect side of things to get the real-time synch. Well, I did that, and it works great too. However, the Blackberry mail interface isn't quite as nice as the Windows mail interface when displaying message and the flexibility isn't all there. Does anyone know any work around to get the regular POP mail accounts to schedule properly?? Also, it seems that when Blacberry connect is installed, it overrides the device lock interface and uses the Blackberry version. Unfortunately, this is not the nice big PIN touch screen entry interface and requires using the keyboard. That sucks! Basically, in order to get the Blackberry connect functionality, you end up losing a lot of the nice things about this device. Any work arounds available for the locking interface anyone is aware of? Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
RE: ATT TILT 8925 - Workarounds for Blackberry Connect Overrides?
Jan 23 2008, 2:35 PM EST
why even use the blackberry connect plan. I had blackberry service for my curve thru tmobile. I cancelled the blackberry plan and got the 5.99 plan and the internet and email work just fine just a few changes to the setup fo the data part of my phone and i am good to go. My phone will check my email as offten as I like. Why pay more and get less. Do you find this valuable?    
ebp

ebp
Jan 23 2008, 3:15 PM EST
The Blackberry Connect was specifically to talk to my employer's Enterprise Blackberry server so that I could have my business/desktop mail and calendar synch with my phone. In addition to that, I have 4 other POP mail accounts that are separate. If it wasn't for the business Blackbnerry account, I wouldn't need BC. BC just seems to override my ability to use the full functionality of this phone. Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Jan 28 2008, 4:27 AM EST
does your work email run on MS exchange. if so ditch blackberry. this is what i did. now i have my work email through MS Direct push (much faster than BB) and all my personal (pop) emails. calender, tasks, contacts are synced with exchange and workign perfectly. just connect your phone to your work PC and run MS activesync. tell it to sync with exchange. when done turn on direct push on your device. you might have to readjust your phone connection's proxy settings after this as Activesync changes them to match your pc. when done your phone should be syncing normally and you'll have access to your corprate directory as well. Do you find this valuable?    
ebp

ebp
Jan 28 2008, 10:24 AM EST
Nope. Unfortunately, it is Lotus Notes. Stuck with the Blackberry services. Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Feb 10 2008, 12:42 AM EST
Just searching looking for ways to get the BBC software to recognize my new Tilt and saw this thread. Anon's idea about Push is great - IF you can leave your PC on and connected all the time. Many of us use laptops and travel so that kills Push and ActiveSync - only works with BBC. Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Feb 14 2008, 10:59 PM EST
Just a note: If your company upgrades to Domino8 it comes with it's own push email service that will send emails to any device. Should be releasing in the next few months if they actually adopt it. Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Feb 18 2008, 4:59 PM EST
"Well, I was pretty happy with this device, had all my POP mail accounts working great and doing scheduled send/receives, and liked the big keypad for touch screen PIN entry on device lock. Then I configured the Blackberry connect software and got my email through work's enterprise server working. This worked great as well. Then I realized that my POP accounts would no longer send/receive on a scheduled basis. The only way was to force a send/receive. Talking to AT&T, this is a problem. It was recommended to move the POP accounts over to the Blackberry connect side of things to get the real-time synch. Well, I did that, and it works great too. However, the Blackberry mail interface isn't quite as nice as the Windows mail interface when displaying message and the flexibility isn't all there. Does anyone know any work around to get the regular POP mail accounts to schedule properly?? Also, it seems that when Blacberry connect is installed, it overrides the device lock interface and uses the Blackberry version. Unfortunately, this is not the nice big PIN touch screen entry interface and requires using the keyboard. That sucks! Basically, in order to get the Blackberry connect functionality, you end up losing a lot of the nice things about this device. Any work arounds available for the locking interface anyone is aware of?"
U can synchonize your pop mails (3 max) via blackberry Internet service on AT&T tilt 0  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)
Top Contributors