• A Wetpaint Site
close
Welcome! Wikis are websites that everyone can build together. It's easy!

Discussion: cingular 8125 V BlackJack II

Keyword tags: cingular 8125 tips
Watch

Anonymous  (Get credit for your thread)

Anonymous
cingular 8125 V BlackJack II
Jan 11 2008, 9:54 PM EST
i have had my 8125 for about a year and half now and i am leaning towards getting a bj2. i am tired of the weight of the 8125, the slow and internet connection, the touch screen, and the constant restarts. a few friends have the bj1 & bj2 and these phones seem to eliminate the issues i have with the 8125. any have opinions from own experience switching or from reading reviews or just using a friends. they have dropped to 99.99 but am tired of buying phones every year or so i want one that will be good & last. Do you find this valuable?    
siberia57

siberia57
RE: cingular 8125 V BlackJack II
Jan 21 2008, 7:25 AM EST
I had a Blackjack for about 3 weeks. Quite a few nice software features, can't beat the size & weight. My issue was sound quality. A few of my clients asked if I was in a hall, this using just the phone, no headset. I'd previously used a cell phone and a Dell Axim. I like being able to load Microsoft reader and download books from such polces as Gutenburg Project. I absolutely HATE standing in line, but if I can read, that makes it more tolerable. Can't load Reader on smartphones, of which the blackjack is one. Also a couple types of documents you can only read with the blackjack, no editing. Considering the weight of carrying a Dell AXim PLUS a cell phone, I find the heft of the 8525 to be only a small nuisance when compared to what it can do which the Blackjack can't.

That being said, I spent a good deal of time trying to talk myself INTO keeping the Blackjack. The telephone sound quality was a big issue as I use my cell for business.

I keep my 8525 in my lower smock / jacket pocket at work, bought a mini usb mono earbud ( just haven't found a bluetooth headset I really like ) and snake the wire up to the collar. I keep the earbud in the upper pencil pocket, phone rings, just pop it in my ear, hit the button on the little mic section & talk.

Check out other folks experiences with Blackjack at epinions.com and techies reviews at z-net.com

AT&T lets you try it up to 30 days & return it if you decide you have an issue with the phone. When I took mine back, no guff, no problems.
Do you find this valuable?    

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)
Top Contributors