• A Wetpaint Site
close
Welcome! Wikis are websites that everyone can build together. It's easy!

Discussion: Succky file trnasfer.

Keyword tags: Atlas File Transfer Herald HTC MDA P4350 T-Mobile Windows Mobile 6 wing
Watch

Anonymous  (Get credit for your thread)

2 | Next
Speedblaster
Speedblaster
Succky file trnasfer.
Jan 11 2008, 8:48 PM EST
I love my wing but one of the several suckky things about it is the file transfer, if i am transfering a files that is anything bigger han like 5o mb it takes mad long to tranfser from my pc to my phone. And files like movies are impossible to transfer. I was trying to transfer a movie to my phone and even after waiting about 5 hrs. it did not finish the transfer. That basically means that i can't use my phone as video player. That suck, or is there a way that i could speed up the ttransfer speeds, tips tricks hacks, anything is fine. Except i don't want ot go too far with the hacks. Thanks people 2  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    
Rainman76
Rainman76
RE: Succky file trnasfer.
Jan 11 2008, 9:08 PM EST
"I love my wing but one of the several suckky things about it is the file transfer, if i am transfering a files that is anything bigger han like 5o mb it takes mad long to tranfser from my pc to my phone. And files like movies are impossible to transfer. I was trying to transfer a movie to my phone and even after waiting about 5 hrs. it did not finish the transfer. That basically means that i can't use my phone as video player. That suck, or is there a way that i could speed up the ttransfer speeds, tips tricks hacks, anything is fine. Except i don't want ot go too far with the hacks. Thanks people"
Why don't you just use a memory card reader instead? When I have large amounts of data, I just use the card reader. Do you find this valuable?    
browntannis
browntannis
Jan 12 2008, 11:37 AM EST
"I love my wing but one of the several suckky things about it is the file transfer, if i am transfering a files that is anything bigger han like 5o mb it takes mad long to tranfser from my pc to my phone. And files like movies are impossible to transfer. I was trying to transfer a movie to my phone and even after waiting about 5 hrs. it did not finish the transfer. That basically means that i can't use my phone as video player. That suck, or is there a way that i could speed up the ttransfer speeds, tips tricks hacks, anything is fine. Except i don't want ot go too far with the hacks. Thanks people"
Have you tried putting your device in RNDIS mode (Start>Settings>Connections>USB to PC)? I can tell you that helps when transferring alot of my music to my device.
The SD suggestion from Rainman76 is a good idea too since the Wing doesnt have alot of memory.
Do you find this valuable?    
Speedblaster
Speedblaster
Jan 13 2008, 2:23 PM EST
ok so i went to USB to PC connections in settings, but all there was was a check mark for advance network functionatlity. Is this what you were refeering to as RNDIS, since there was no mention of it on the page. Thanks 1  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    
AntonNilsson
AntonNilsson
Jan 13 2008, 5:00 PM EST
I've been wondering about this as well. My TyTN II has roughly the transfer speed of an old serial RS232 connection. Especially transferring files to the SD card is VERY slow (transferring to/from the ROM is more like USB 1.1 speed).
Plugging the SD card in to a reader is of course an option but it's a hazzle to pop it out every time.
browntannis
browntannis
Jan 14 2008, 2:27 PM EST
"ok so i went to USB to PC connections in settings, but all there was was a check mark for advance network functionatlity. Is this what you were refeering to as RNDIS, since there was no mention of it on the page. Thanks"
Unchecking the advanced function switches the device to RNDIS mode. Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Jan 16 2008, 4:15 PM EST
I just did the RNDIS mode and its still just as slow... I didn't reboot yet. I'll try that next. Do you find this valuable?    
browntannis
browntannis
Jan 16 2008, 6:44 PM EST
"I just did the RNDIS mode and its still just as slow... I didn't reboot yet. I'll try that next."
You may not see in an increase in speed then. Any particular reason that you would want to tie up 50MB of the limited memory on the device tied up for a movie? I store mine on my SD card. Do you find this valuable?    
Rainman76
Rainman76
Jan 16 2008, 8:52 PM EST
Does the Wing even have 50MB free on the device itself? Do you find this valuable?    
FearlessM

FearlessM
Jan 16 2008, 10:43 PM EST
Nope, I page pooled so I got 49 mb memory on the device Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Jan 20 2008, 11:11 AM EST
ok, i don't think you guys get my question right. I want to put a movies on my microsd card, but it takes mad long to transfer it from my computer to my micsro sd card, not my phone's internal memory. Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Jan 20 2008, 11:12 AM EST
"Why don't you just use a memory card reader instead? When I have large amounts of data, I just use the card reader."
Ok so finally after waiting an hour for my computer to recognize my Micro sd card which was in an sd adopter, it finally did it. But then when i tried to open it it took another 35 minutes to respond. And then it said that the card is'nt formatted and asked me if i wanted to format it. i know that if i format it for my computer all it's previous data will disaper, so what should i do.

Anonymous
Jan 22 2008, 9:46 AM EST
Sounds like a problem with you computer. 0  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
AntonNilsson
AntonNilsson
Jan 22 2008, 10:11 AM EST
Have you done any tweaking to your unit?
I know some tweak applications have a tweak that is supposed to increase SD/MMC transfer rates (it's usually called "Increase Block Size") I tried that once and it totally screwed up my transfer rates and I had to reformat the card.

In any case most PDAs, especially HTCs, have poor transfer rates when transferring to/from a SD card plugged in to the PDA/Phone. My Kaiser is pretty much worthless if I try to transfer any large files. I always have to take out the SD and plug it directly in to my computer (which is a hassle and I don't like to handle the small card, afraid I might break it or sratch/soil the connectors on it etc)
Rainman76
Rainman76
Jan 22 2008, 11:34 AM EST
"Have you done any tweaking to your unit?
I know some tweak applications have a tweak that is supposed to increase SD/MMC transfer rates (it's usually called "Increase Block Size") I tried that once and it totally screwed up my transfer rates and I had to reformat the card.

In any case most PDAs, especially HTCs, have poor transfer rates when transferring to/from a SD card plugged in to the PDA/Phone. My Kaiser is pretty much worthless if I try to transfer any large files. I always have to take out the SD and plug it directly in to my computer (which is a hassle and I don't like to handle the small card, afraid I might break it or sratch/soil the connectors on it etc)"
I think the poor transfer rate has more to do with ActiveSync and WMDC than the device itself. In older WM devices, I had experienced equally slow transfer times to memory cards on the devices. Do you find this valuable?    
Speedblaster
Speedblaster
Jan 23 2008, 6:42 PM EST
"Sounds like a problem with you computer."
Dude, i know. But how do i fix that. Do you find this valuable?    
Speedblaster
Speedblaster
Jan 23 2008, 6:44 PM EST
"Have you done any tweaking to your unit?

In any case most PDAs, especially HTCs, have poor transfer rates when transferring to/from a SD card plugged in to the PDA/Phone. My Kaiser is pretty much worthless if I try to transfer any large files. I always have to take out the SD and plug it directly in to my computer (which is a hassle and I don't like to handle the small card, afraid I might break it or sratch/soil the connectors on it etc)"
This tweaking that you were talking about, is there a website where i can find some genuine instructions to boost up by transfer speeds. Do you find this valuable?    
vipertech1

vipertech1
Jan 24 2008, 1:25 PM EST
Speedblaster- which videos (type) are you trying to transfer?? I'm sure you had the video converted first if you were transferring actual full length dvd's. Five hours is ridiculous!! I've just downloaded Wondershare video converter to see if it will work. I will let you know the outcome. Do you find this valuable?    
vipertech1

vipertech1
Jan 24 2008, 6:45 PM EST
Ok, in my opinion Wondershare for basic works well for cellphones, smartphones due to the grainy replay.Wondershare has a separate trial for dvd to blackberry. Its alittle better but difficult to decode new movies: decoding enemy of the state took as long as watching the movie but it transferring to the storage card only took 15 mins (I have 4g storage) and the clarity was more worth while. Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Jan 25 2008, 12:59 AM EST
for tweaks go here: www.xda-developers.com
2 | Next

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)