• A Wetpaint Site
close
Welcome! Wikis are websites that everyone can build together. It's easy!

Discussion: How do I set MP3's for text messaging on HTC 5800?

Keyword tags: 5800 HTC messaging mp3 set text
Watch

Anonymous  (Get credit for your thread)

Anonymous
How do I set MP3's for text messaging on HTC 5800?
Nov 20 2007, 10:27 PM EST
Hey everyone. I have an HTC 5800 and can set MP3's from my computer to play as ringtones on my phone, but what do I do if I want to set my text messaging alert sound as an MP3 from my comp? No matter what I try to do, I can't seem to move MP3's into my text messaging sound folder on my phone. Any time I move MP3's into the phone, they go to the ringtone folder only. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks,
Dan
0  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
RE: How do I set MP3's for text messaging on HTC 5800?
Feb 18 2008, 10:33 PM EST
Hey i actually just got that working today, and if you still dont have it figured out all you have to do is access your phone's /windows/ directory via the USB cable and change the name of the song you want for ur alert to Alert-Instantmessage.wma then i would advise making a copy of the current one and then just over write the one on ur phone with the one that you want :) works for me Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
RE: How do I set MP3's for text messaging on HTC 5800?
May 13 2008, 3:46 PM EDT
how did yu say yu did that i cant figure it out man these phones are garbage Do you find this valuable?    

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)
Top Contributors