• A Wetpaint Site
Already a member?
Sign in
close
Welcome! Wikis are websites that everyone can build together. It's easy!

Discussion: Problems with my TyTN II

Keyword tags: AT&T 8925 AT&T Tilt II HTC kaiser Mda Vario III P4550 TyTN
Watch

Anonymous  (Get credit for your thread)

htcat

htcat
Problems with my TyTN II
Dec 20 2007, 6:23 PM EST
I received my new TyTN II 10 days ago and were really enthusiastic the first time. It is a great device and helps really to organize my business day. But my happiness did not last long.
First: I use Internet, E-Mail and Skype as well as I do just normal business phone calls. I am not talking for hours but the battery is empty after 4 hours. It means; If I am on the way outside I need another battery. OK, I got another one together with a USB Docking Station and a Brodit Active Car Holder. Then: If I open the keaybord on the TyTN II it takes a few seconds that the screen changen, OK I can live with that. A few days ago I found out that the clock is frozen from time to time, so it shows a wrong time. Yesterday I went with the car and put the device in the holder to load. After 20 minutes I had a strange smell in the car and I saw the power plug of the active loader melting away and smoking. Immediatley I put the TyTN II outside of the car holder. Thanks god, it worked but the active holder I can throw into the garbage. And - last but not least - when I wanted to switch on my TyTN II today morning there came ony a white screen and nothing more. I tried to change battery, soft reset, hard reset, nothing works. Called HTC support, they also cannot help. I should go to the place where I bought the device. Called there, they send me to another place where they can repair it. Now I can send it there and wait a few weeks until they repaired or send a new one.

I dont know if anybody of has the same problems here???
1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
RE: Problems with my TyTN II
Dec 28 2007, 11:55 PM EST
Yes I also have clock issues after some investigation I found out that if don't use the lock/unlock key feature clock always works fine
The moment I lock the keys (note this is the one where you have to tap the screen to unlock and not the regular power key) the clocks frezes
1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
RE: Problems with my TyTN II
Jan 1 2008, 9:32 PM EST
I am pleased you found the problem, I am being sent my third replacement for the same problem. It now thinks its on the wrong network! Please advise what software level you have, I will hjave to ask my UK operator to confirm they will replace when the updates are released. 0  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)