• A Wetpaint Wiki
close
Welcome! Wikis are websites that everyone can build together. It's easy!

Windows Mobile 6 headaches (time & bluetooth).

Keyword tags: bluetooth hang P4000 Telus time change.
Watch
Become a member of the htc community.
Already a member? Sign in

Anonymous  (Get credit for your thread)

RPatterson

RPatterson
Windows Mobile 6 headaches (time & bluetooth).
Dec 2 2007, 3:19 PM EST
I can't say that I recommend updating a P4000 from Windows Mobile 5 to Windows Mobile 6. Since updating, I've had the time change problem reported in the "Nov 4 Time Change" thread. Thanksfully, as documented in that thead, I was able to turn off time syncronization to work around the problem. Why haven't they patched a problem that is so easy to reproduce?

My real problem however, is that while the device is off, my P4000 would mysteriously hang from time to time. I suspected it was a piece of software on my device, but after days of experimentation I found that my problem went away when I disable bluetooth.

In other words it appeared to be hanging because of some bluetooth interaction. So now I'm unable to use bluetooth to use the handsfree calling feature on my Garmin Nuvi 660 GPS!

If anyone has advice on this issue please let me know! Thanks.
Quote and Reply Post a Reply Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
RE: Windows Mobile 6 headaches (time & bluetooth).
Dec 2 2007, 5:54 PM EST
For my self, the updating work well except that the device is no more detecting the micro sd card. Really bad, and I'm unable to find WM 5.0 to get back. Quote and Reply Post a Reply Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
RE: Windows Mobile 6 headaches (time & bluetooth).
Dec 7 2007, 1:06 PM EST
I've had the same issue. I contacted HTC and they say that Microsoft supplied the WM 6.0 update rom on the request of Telus and that the issue has to be dealt with Telus and / or Microsoft. Which makes sense. If everything worked fine and then we updated the software and everything went to junk, then it is not the fault of the handset. Telus wants me to send the phone to them for repair. I told them that it was unacceptable to be without my phone for 4 weeks (approx.) Quote and Reply Post a Reply Do you find this valuable?    
Related Content (what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)
Navigation
Top Contributors