• A Wetpaint Site
close
Welcome! Wikis are websites that everyone can build together. It's easy!

Discussion: wrong time change

Keyword tags: DST Telus Telus P4000 time time change
Watch

Anonymous  (Get credit for your thread)

pmac

pmac
wrong time change
Nov 14 2007, 8:52 PM EST
Has anyone had a problem with their Telus P4000 not recording the correct time ever since the time change in Nov ?
Does anyone know of a fix?
1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
pmac

pmac
RE: wrong time change
Nov 15 2007, 1:13 PM EST
UPDATE!
I went into Start>Settings>Phone>Services>Time Synchronization>Get Settings>and uncheck "time synchronize....", then clicked Update now- re booted and voila. The correct time is there now.
4  out of 4 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Nov 25 2007, 5:22 PM EST
i just changed the time zone under the clock setting lol Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Dec 18 2007, 11:38 AM EST
I think that it might have something to do with Telus's towers. When I am at home the phone always shows as an hour ahead but when I am at work it shows the correct time.

For now I have disabled Time Synchronization and have set the time manually.
Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Dec 18 2007, 1:55 PM EST
"I think that it might have something to do with Telus's towers. When I am at home the phone always shows as an hour ahead but when I am at work it shows the correct time.

For now I have disabled Time Synchronization and have set the time manually."
are you in Calgary? and if so do you live in the NW ? Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Dec 20 2007, 1:04 AM EST
I am not the person you are talking to but I am in Calgary NE and I having problems too with the wrong time. on my phone. Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Dec 20 2007, 7:47 AM EST
"I am not the person you are talking to but I am in Calgary NE and I having problems too with the wrong time. on my phone. "
I spoke with Telus Mobility (calgary) yesterday and they are STILL working on the problem Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Feb 11 2008, 9:03 PM EST
I live in BC and went back to Bell with the same problem amongst others and they had no clue what to say about this, I have reset the time manually several times but a few days later it will be of again. As I stood at the counter at bell there where 5 (I'm not kidding) other customers with htc touch phones there for one reason or an other, at least one of which had the same problem. My other big issue is missed calls without hearing any ringing. Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Mar 5 2008, 9:46 AM EST
I am with Bell Mobility and I have that problem regularly. The time goes from correct to incorrect. Very annoying since I use to always rely on my phone to get the accurate time in meeting, at work, etc......

I did try to change the time in the setting, but it doesn't solve the problem. I also experience the freezing of the screen, I have to remove the battery to restart it. Anyone have experience this?
Do you find this valuable?    

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)
Top Contributors