• A Wetpaint Site
close
Welcome! Wikis are websites that everyone can build together. It's easy!

Discussion: Sprint Touch lock up

Keyword tags: Sprint Sprint Touch TouchFlo
Watch

Anonymous  (Get credit for your thread)

Previous | 1 2 3 46 7 8 9 | Next
suzannaski

suzannaski
RE: Sprint Touch lock up
Jan 10 2008, 8:27 AM EST
"Also go to start-settings-system-key lock and select ‘do not lock buttons. "
FYI: This setting causes the phone to turn back on when its in your pocket, tote, etc, and can make for a very long phone call from your pocket to your home, sprint, last number dialed, etc. It can also change your settings, take lots of pics of your pocket, and lastly, wear down the battery.
Want to guess how I know this?
Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Jan 11 2008, 12:35 AM EST
thats why you have to manually lock the phone when you put it in your pocket i never had a problem when i manually lock the phone the problem happens when the phone locks on its own after its not being used Do you find this valuable?    
ticois2nice
ticois2nice
Jan 11 2008, 12:42 AM EST
i wrote the above post also if you have to many programs running at once i noticed that the phone locks up...so just keep checking the memory usage Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Jan 11 2008, 1:12 AM EST
I'm very disappointed, this is my second phone the problem continues, HTC only reponse after a hard reset didn't work was 'check your provider for a return policy" . They have no clue. Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Jan 11 2008, 9:16 AM EST
Not sure what you mean about manually locking the phone, but try to keep it as simple as possible, so having the buttons lock when I turn off the phone (manual sleep via the button on the top) works best for me. When I did not have the buttons lock during sleep, the buttons would turn the phone back on.
ppcgeeks.com has some really good tweaks to get the phone working exactly as you want, just be careful not to use regedits for the titan. Titan regedits sometimes get mingled with Touch regedits & vice versa.
I have also setup a free callwave program that translates voicemail to text and SMS's it to the phone, which reduces the number of voicemail retrievals if your family calls a bunch when you're in a meeting. It's not a program that runs on the phone, either.
I havent' had any lockups due to number of programs, but then I primarily use it as a phone and PDA, not internet or GPS which can really bog it down, in my short experience. Hope this helps those out there still working on fixes.

Anonymous
Jan 11 2008, 5:55 PM EST
I am running the touch with Today Time out + Sprint Only + Turning SPRINT HOME off. I have not had any missed calls in over a week. HTH Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Jan 11 2008, 9:01 PM EST
Please let me know how to turn off SPRINT HOME Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Jan 12 2008, 1:45 PM EST
Go to today --> items --> uncheck HTC Home Sprint Do you find this valuable?    
etski

etski
Jan 13 2008, 2:38 PM EST
2nd touch. got new touch yesterday, my first one had total touch screen failure after about 1 week. soft reset, hard reset, nothing helped. had no 3rd party softtware. had unchecked today timeout, seemed to be just a touch screen failure. Was able to still recieve calls using send and end button. buttons worked, but touch screen couldn't even respond to calibration after hard reset. Was having no problems at all until started using bluetooth. I will not use bluetooth at all until I've shaken down any other issues on this new phone. Love the phone, but even the possibility of having to do a hard reset when not near my computer to reload numbers is a critical flaw. Reliability is key, sounds like this phone lacks it. I hope it's just a bluetooth communication bug. Has anyone had lockouts that hasn't used bluetooth ever on? Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Jan 13 2008, 3:40 PM EST
HTC's website has a patch for bluetooth problems. See if it works for you. You will need to register at their site first though. Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Jan 13 2008, 6:00 PM EST
had my touch for a month now. Also on my second one. Missing alot of calls too. Why won't it ring?! Do you find this valuable?    
vpm08msn

vpm08msn
Jan 14 2008, 12:49 PM EST
had same problems. switched to mogul. Do you find this valuable?    
vpm08msn

vpm08msn
Jan 14 2008, 12:51 PM EST
At this point Sprint techs know little about the HTC phones. Need to ask for advanced technical and then ask for someone familiar with HTC. Do you find this valuable?    
vpm08msn

vpm08msn
Jan 14 2008, 12:52 PM EST
You've hit on the problem. HTC says Sprint has to allow a fix that would close each program as the x is hit. Easy fix according to HTC but Sprint has to agree. Do you find this valuable?    
vpm08msn

vpm08msn
Jan 14 2008, 12:55 PM EST
Look at all the people complaining about the same thing. Too bad...the Touch is a great phone, its just seriously underpowered. It like trying to use Windows Vista with less than 2RAM, same problems. Other HTC phones, like the TyTn do not have these problems but look at the power on them. 0  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Jan 14 2008, 10:04 PM EST
I have had my HTC touch since christmas and was experiencing almost all problems described. The phone would lock up in sleep mode. I would miss calls. It would ring once when it came out of sleep mode and let me know i had missed calls and text messages. Also sometimes the caller ID was 80% cut off making it unreadable.
For the past two weeks I have
1. done a soft reset with the button on the bottom every morning when i woke up and took it off the charger
2. disabled bluetooth when i was not using it
3. unchecked the today timeout on the settings today screen
4. used the lock feature when putting the phone in my pocket rather than the power button

since i have been doing this i have experienced none of the above problems. I'm not saying this is the perfect combination or even that all are necessary but it has worked perfectly for me for two weeks.

Anonymous
Jan 16 2008, 11:15 AM EST
Here is a solution that has worked for me over the last 2+ weeks. No resets, no reboots..........
Try it and let me know if this combination works
1. Turn off Activesync. This can be done by closing activesync and going to Settings --> Phone --> Services --> Time synchronization and uncheck time sync. This will stop activesync from starting all the time
2. Turn Roaming to "SPRINT ONLY". Settings --> Phone --> Services --> Roaming --> SPRINT ONLY
3. Turn off HTC Home Sprint and Today Timeout. Settings -->Today --> Items --> Uncheck Today Timeout and HTC Home Sprint

A combination of the above should stop your phone lock ups. Let me know if this works ........until HTC/Sprint come up with a ROM update
1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
Ferdball

Ferdball
Jan 16 2008, 12:17 PM EST
"Here is a solution that has worked for me over the last 2+ weeks. No resets, no reboots..........
Try it and let me know if this combination works
1. Turn off Activesync. This can be done by closing activesync and going to Settings --> Phone --> Services --> Time synchronization and uncheck time sync. This will stop activesync from starting all the time
2. Turn Roaming to "SPRINT ONLY". Settings --> Phone --> Services --> Roaming --> SPRINT ONLY
3. Turn off HTC Home Sprint and Today Timeout. Settings -->Today --> Items --> Uncheck Today Timeout and HTC Home Sprint

A combination of the above should stop your phone lock ups. Let me know if this works ........until HTC/Sprint come up with a ROM update"
Thanks for summarizing. I've only done #3 on your list, and have had good results. No reboots since. I would recommend doing #3 first, and doing the rest only if needed or desired. 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Jan 16 2008, 2:42 PM EST
I too had crash problem, but since I did #3, I haven't had a problem. There needs to be a better way to alert people to this. I can't believe they even let it out the door with this problem. Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Jan 16 2008, 3:04 PM EST
Thanks....this solution seems to be working... I'm not taking any chances missed several imp calls already, I'm following all three steps. Do you find this valuable?    
Previous | 1 2 3 46 7 8 9 | Next

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)