• A Wetpaint Site
close
Welcome! Wikis are websites that everyone can build together. It's easy!

Discussion: Sprint Touch lock up

Keyword tags: Sprint Sprint Touch TouchFlo
Watch

Anonymous  (Get credit for your thread)

Previous | 1 24 5 6 7 | Next > Last
ahill3
ahill3
RE: Sprint Touch lock up
Dec 21 2007, 1:18 PM EST
I thought mine was locking up and found out I was hitting the camera function so when I tried to get out of sleep mode it looked like it locked up. I would then hit the end call function which closed out the camera and the phone came out of sleep. Do you find this valuable?    
ssisno1

ssisno1
Dec 22 2007, 10:39 AM EST
I have a Telus HTC touch for about 2 weeks now and all seemed fine for the first week then it started random freezes as described in this post. I took it back to to the store and they replaced it for me citing tis was an "unknown" problem. Two days of owning this new phone and it is still freezing up while in sleep mode. I have no third party software save pcm keyboard. Nothing seems to work. Looking forward to a solution! Do you find this valuable?    
Ferdball

Ferdball
Dec 22 2007, 12:43 PM EST
"Almost 36 hours and no lock up or missed calls since I exchanged for a new one. If your still in your 30 day window and your having problems exchange it. My first phone had a manufacture date of 10/17/2007, the new one is 11/09/2007. Maybe they had some bad batches go through in October and they've straightened it out now. I'll post back if I get a lock up."
I have a manufacture date of 11/9/07 also, and mine locks up. I've had it for 5 days and the phone locked up about 5 times so far.

I don't know what you guys mean by a soft reset, but when mine locks up, no buttons work. I need to remove the battery (hard reset) in order to get it back.

We should all call Sprint Customer Support so we can get this problem reported.
Do you find this valuable?    
Ferdball

Ferdball
Dec 22 2007, 12:44 PM EST
"I was using my phone for months with no lock-ups until I started using bluetooth a few days ago. It has locked up several times now. On another forum I saw they released a new (11/29/07) ROM update on the official HTC site that addresses bluetooth issues among others. I'm going to give it a try.
http://www.america.htc.com/support/mogul/software-downloads.html
"
That link is for the Mogul. There is no software upgrade for the Touch. Do you find this valuable?    
Ferdball

Ferdball
Dec 22 2007, 12:46 PM EST
"I am having lockups also, only at night when phone not in use. The only time I have had it lock up is when I have had bluetooth turned off. Phone call to Sprint and they say, well if it doesn't work, bring phone in and get new one. As this site says, that doesn't help. Hopefully will get fixed before I get fired because I am not getting my text messages and responding. On call 24x7 is kinda tough with non-functioning phone."
I haven't been on call yet since buying this phone. But I do use it daily for a text message alert to wake me up. Obviously, this doesn't work when the phone is locked up.

Let's hope this phone doesn't get us fired!
Ferdball

Ferdball
Dec 22 2007, 12:54 PM EST
"That link is for the Mogul. There is no software upgrade for the Touch."
Ironically, the support link from that page come right back to here. HA! We need to support ourselves. Do you find this valuable?    
cruise350
cruise350
Dec 22 2007, 9:08 PM EST
"I have a manufacture date of 11/9/07 also, and mine locks up. I've had it for 5 days and the phone locked up about 5 times so far.

I don't know what you guys mean by a soft reset, but when mine locks up, no buttons work. I need to remove the battery (hard reset) in order to get it back.

We should all call Sprint Customer Support so we can get this problem reported."
A soft reset is when you take the stylus and push it into the little hole next to the usb port on the bottom of the phone. This accomplishes the samething that removing the battery does, it reboots windows. A hard reset is a complete reinstall of the phone software erasing everything on the phone. This is accomplished by holding in the talk and end bottons at the same time as pressing the reset button with the stylus. A question will then appear confirming that you want to delete everything and restart the phone. 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
suzannaski

suzannaski
Dec 27 2007, 10:13 AM EST
Hi
Thanks for the help so far. The Sprint Reps know very little about the phone. I showed them a couple of the things I learned here, like how to see the manuf. date. and how to turn off sleep mode. sheesh.
So, my other problem is that I can't send a pic to another phone. The user guide (I ferget where I saw it) says that after you take a pic, click the envelop icon, and it should show two options: one to send via email and one to send via SMS, but I only have the email option.
Conversly, my friend sent me a message with pics, I had to connect to the internet, and when I clicked "view media", it showed PREV and NEXT but no pics.
Is this a Windows Mobile 6 issue?
I just want to send photos like a text message. Thanks for any advice.
S
ps- Sprint rep told me to come back when the manager, who uses this phone, was working. Any bets on his response? Heck, I missing another day of work anyway, might as well have fun ;)

Anonymous
Dec 27 2007, 1:08 PM EST
So I have put my phone on home network only and for the past week I have had no freezing. Earlier in this post someone mentioned that this may work and it has (at least for me). I have contacted HTC about this glitch but as of yet no response. 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
btevdo

btevdo
Dec 28 2007, 2:43 PM EST
My phone didn't miss any calls ever since I changed the roaming settings to Sprint only, it's been almost a week now since I made this change. Hope this is a real solution for those people for whom turning off roaming on non Sprint networks is not an issue. Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Dec 29 2007, 1:03 AM EST
I was having the same problem that everyone else was. My phone locked up while in sleep mode about 6 or 7 times within the first week of getting the phone, and finally I was so frustrated that I took it in and got it exchanged. The new phone worked perfectly fine for about a week, and today it froze. However, this time it froze after I connected my bluetooth headset with it. I don't know if this was the source of the lockup, but looking back, my first phone locked up for the first time after trying to bluetooth my old phone to transfer the contacts. I just disabled the bluetooth on my phone and will wait a couple of days to see if that fixes the problem. I don't really want to go and exchange phones AGAIN. Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Dec 29 2007, 12:49 PM EST
Txs for that info. I am on my second HTC Touch. Just received new one yesterday. We shall see how this one goes. Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Dec 29 2007, 12:54 PM EST
"I'm sorry, Typo, try ##786# from the dial pad. Also, ##778# works."
Txs for the info. I am on my second phone now hopefully there will be more threads that can help me with my problems. After hours and days of frustration I realized Sprint customer service is the worse. Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Dec 30 2007, 2:48 PM EST
dude i get the same thing. if you can help out, i'd appreciate it.

stuck in hell with a kickass phone...
0  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
detsekson

detsekson
Dec 31 2007, 3:42 AM EST
There is another thread titled 'Phone Not Coming Out of Sleep Mode' about the same issue that should be combined with this thread:
http://htcwiki.com/thread/975175/Phone+not+coming+out+of+sleep+mode.?mail=1131'
Clearly this is a universal problem requiring a hardware or software fix from HTC. Is there an HTC rep in this thread whom would like to respond?
Ferdball

Ferdball
Dec 31 2007, 1:14 PM EST
While my phone was locked up, I called it and left a voicemail. After rebooting it, there was no indication that I had missed an call, and no indication that a voicemail existed. I called my vm box to make sure it was there, but it wasn't. Maybe it was just a wierd fluke.

Has anyone else tested whether we get voicemails when the phone is locked up?

BTW, I called the employee support line, and they recommended that I exchange the phone or bring it into a store for testing. She mentioned that testing involves pluggin it in and running a diagnostic. I might have this done.

Anonymous
Dec 31 2007, 3:45 PM EST
Hi guys, I just bought the Touch on 12/30/07 and my phone froze on the very next day. I did get my voicemail while it froze but there were no indiciation. My cousin told me she left a voicemail and thats when i found out. Anyways after it froze i started doing research, which is how i got to this forum. I don't know if this is the cause but you guys can try it out. On Start>Settings>Personal Tab> Today>Item Tab... you will notice Today TIme out. The box was checked and had it on 4 hours.... which is about the time my phone froze... This was not on the manual at all... i dont know what this function is really for but im hoping this is the reason and it can be resolve. 3  out of 3 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Jan 2 2008, 2:10 PM EST
It happened twice to me in 1 day. I returned the phone the following day. Pointless to have a phone that doesn't ring. Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Jan 2 2008, 3:45 PM EST
I unchecked the box referred to in a recent post: Start>Settings>Personal Tab> Today>Item Tab... Today TIme out. The box was checked for 4 hours. After two days now my phone, nor my wife's phone has locked up. I am not ready to call this conclusive but it's a good start. 3  out of 3 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Jan 2 2008, 6:31 PM EST
"I unchecked the box referred to in a recent post: Start>Settings>Personal Tab> Today>Item Tab... Today TIme out. The box was checked for 4 hours. After two days now my phone, nor my wife's phone has locked up. I am not ready to call this conclusive but it's a good start."
I to have tried this suggestion out. It has worked great for 2 days with no lock ups! When phone operates as it should it is simply the best. Just wonder how the time out feature will affect the phone overall? is there any one who could answer this question? Thanks again for the solution! 3  out of 3 found this valuable. Do you?    
Previous | 1 24 5 6 7 | Next > Last

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)