• A Wetpaint Site
close
Welcome! Wikis are websites that everyone can build together. It's easy!

Discussion: Sprint Touch lock up

Keyword tags: Sprint Sprint Touch TouchFlo
Watch

Anonymous  (Get credit for your thread)

Previous | 4 5 6 7 8
mmediaman

mmediaman
RE: Sprint Touch lock up
Mar 27 2008, 9:42 PM EDT
In case anyone needs to know how to do the hard reset, here are the instructions:

1. Press and hold the TALK and END buttons, and at the same time, use the stylus to press the RESET button at the bottom of your device.

2. Release the stylus, but continue pressing the TALK and END buttons until you see the black screen.

3. Release the TALK and END buttons, and then press ENTER on your device.

Warning! Your device will be set back to factory default settings. Please ensure any additional installed programs and/or user data have been backed up before a hard reset is performed.
Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Mar 27 2008, 11:54 PM EDT
nice obervation mmediaman on the roaming option being set to Sprint Only after you do the hard reset. I too wonder sprint may be quietly making changes to the OTA startup scripts. Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Apr 13 2008, 12:36 AM EDT
Thanks for the tip. I am going to test in out for a few days to see if the problem goes away. Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Apr 14 2008, 2:57 AM EDT
somebody hit it head on but I'll post again so it's easier to find. Just like windows it needs to reboot every couple days. I've been pretty good about it and I haven't had problems in months. Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Apr 14 2008, 2:34 PM EDT
Do you have windows Live Search running? I had this running and Hotmail email account in my email profile was setup. It was locking up like no ones business. I turned all that crap off and no more lock ups. yeah Micrsoft! 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Apr 15 2008, 4:37 PM EDT
"Hi
Thanks for the help so far. The Sprint Reps know very little about the phone. I showed them a couple of the things I learned here, like how to see the manuf. date. and how to turn off sleep mode. sheesh.
So, my other problem is that I can't send a pic to another phone. The user guide (I ferget where I saw it) says that after you take a pic, click the envelop icon, and it should show two options: one to send via email and one to send via SMS, but I only have the email option.
Conversly, my friend sent me a message with pics, I had to connect to the internet, and when I clicked "view media", it showed PREV and NEXT but no pics.
Is this a Windows Mobile 6 issue?
I just want to send photos like a text message. Thanks for any advice.
S
ps- Sprint rep told me to come back when the manager, who uses this phone, was working. Any bets on his response? Heck, I missing another day of work anyway, might as well have fun ;)"
You are not able to send pics through text messaging! You only have one way to send pics with the touch is through email. Sorry but it is the way it is... Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Apr 16 2008, 9:28 AM EDT
Ther is a great FREE program for sending pic thru messages. ( kinda sudo being it uses you sprint.pm address ) But it makes it a lot easier to use. Its called sMMS written by someguyMMS do a search its out there. Great lil program.. and the cost is right :) Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Apr 20 2008, 2:39 AM EDT
same here after 3 weeks of buying it. It did nto ring, I discovered after 2 days some messages. No point to keep it when you have your own bussiness. I love the features but it is unacceptable that a product with these kind of error ( a phone that not reveices calls or messages from the mailbox) can be in the market. The engineers working in quality control at HTC should be fired. They made me waste my valuable time. Now I am between the moto c9 or palm centro since I want a nice phone with almost the same properties......some advice..?? Do you find this valuable?    
Previous | 4 5 6 7 8

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)