• A Wetpaint Site
close
Welcome! Wikis are websites that everyone can build together. It's easy!

Discussion: Sprint Touch lock up

Keyword tags: Sprint Sprint Touch TouchFlo
Watch

Anonymous  (Get credit for your thread)

Previous | 13 4 5 6 | Next > Last

Anonymous
RE: Sprint Touch lock up
Dec 9 2007, 9:34 PM EST
yea active sync is always running Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Dec 10 2007, 6:36 PM EST
I was using my phone for months with no lock-ups until I started using bluetooth a few days ago. It has locked up several times now. On another forum I saw they released a new (11/29/07) ROM update on the official HTC site that addresses bluetooth issues among others. I'm going to give it a try.
http://www.america.htc.com/support/mogul/software-downloads.html
Do you find this valuable?    
dsntd

dsntd
Dec 10 2007, 10:32 PM EST
Mine locks up often and is very laggy and seems buggy. Twice, I was not able to hang up after a phone call. No buttons worked, tried every option and had to soft reset to hang up. That's crazy. Even when all apps are closed, still have non-responsve screen way too often. Do you find this valuable?    
ThaChilean23
ThaChilean23
Dec 12 2007, 11:39 AM EST
I am having a similar issue with my new Touch. I do not receive phone calls when my phone is in SLEEP mode. So when the screen goes black, the phone will not ring or send text messages. The second that I press the power button to bring the phone out of sleep mode, all of the texts and missed calls and messages roll in. This is very frustrating, my temporary fix for this issue is to make it so the phone never goes in to sleep mode and the screen is always on. This is terrible for battery life and there has to be a fix implemented or a solution to the issue. I tried locking and unlocking the device, this made no difference. I tried having activesync running and having it closed, there was also no difference. My ringtone is on the phone's hard drive and not the memory card. I tried changing from vibrate to using a ringtone, there was no difference. I cant figure it out. 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
cruise350
cruise350
Dec 12 2007, 5:44 PM EST
I exchanged my touch for a new one today to see if the problem goes away. Time will tell. I will report back if this solves the problem. 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
cruise350
cruise350
Dec 13 2007, 10:41 PM EST
Almost 36 hours and no lock up or missed calls since I exchanged for a new one. If your still in your 30 day window and your having problems exchange it. My first phone had a manufacture date of 10/17/2007, the new one is 11/09/2007. Maybe they had some bad batches go through in October and they've straightened it out now. I'll post back if I get a lock up. Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Dec 16 2007, 8:18 PM EST
"Almost 36 hours and no lock up or missed calls since I exchanged for a new one. If your still in your 30 day window and your having problems exchange it. My first phone had a manufacture date of 10/17/2007, the new one is 11/09/2007. Maybe they had some bad batches go through in October and they've straightened it out now. I'll post back if I get a lock up."
The manufacture date... U mean the ROM date from Device Information? My ROM date is 10/09/07(US or UK format?) and the phone locks up sometimes. Do you find this valuable?    
saucychikk12

saucychikk12
Dec 16 2007, 8:30 PM EST
what do you all mean by lockup? what my touch does that i dont consider normal is that it will go on sleep mode and "SOMETIME" it will not weak back up. unless i get an incoming call or a text then it will light back up. but when it stays sleep for a long time i have to take the battery out and put it back on to restart the device? Are we talking about the same problem.? Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Dec 16 2007, 9:01 PM EST
We mean it cannot be waked up when there are incoming calls or txts. This is the "locked up" we've been talking about, pal. 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
cruise350
cruise350
Dec 16 2007, 11:39 PM EST
"The manufacture date... U mean the ROM date from Device Information? My ROM date is 10/09/07(US or UK format?) and the phone locks up sometimes. "
No, if you enter ##768# into the dialer there is all kinds of info displayed, including the date your phone was manufactured, date it was activated, and also if you ended up with a remanufactured phone. 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
cruise350
cruise350
Dec 16 2007, 11:40 PM EST
Also, I have still not had a lock up since I replaced my phone last week. If you still can, swap it out. Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Dec 17 2007, 5:43 AM EST
"No, if you enter ##768# into the dialer there is all kinds of info displayed, including the date your phone was manufactured, date it was activated, and also if you ended up with a remanufactured phone."
Hi pal, thx for the reply. unfortunately "##768#' doesnot work on my NZ phone. Can you tell the Rom Version and Date from Device Information? Do you find this valuable?    
cruise350
cruise350
Dec 17 2007, 10:31 AM EST
"Hi pal, thx for the reply. unfortunately "##768#' doesnot work on my NZ phone. Can you tell the Rom Version and Date from Device Information?"
I'm sorry, Typo, try ##786# from the dial pad. Also, ##778# works. 4  out of 4 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Dec 17 2007, 7:46 PM EST
Either of the codes works on my phone. Anyone outside US have the same situation? Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Dec 17 2007, 8:08 PM EST
"Either of the codes works on my phone. Anyone outside US have the same situation?"
Sorry, typo. Neither of the codes works on my phone. Anyone outside US have the same situation? Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Dec 17 2007, 10:37 PM EST
My phone was having the same symptom until I took out the battery and put it back in. It has been only an hour but so far so good. I guess it's normal for any Windows OS. It needs a reboot once a while. Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Dec 18 2007, 12:22 AM EST
Kenneth C. (My Solution. Might Help)

I purchased the Sprint HTC Touch phone as well and began having the same issues as soon as I started adjusting the default settings. It too locked up several times, but now I have found a solution, which allows my phone to go to sleep mode without it locking up and missing any calls. The solution? Well, I found that by going to SETTINGS then selecting the KEY LOCK option that gives you three choices. You have to choose DO NOT LOCK BUTTONS followed by OK on the top right hand corner to confirm your change. There after when ever the phone goes into sleep mode tap the power button and it resumes as normal.
4  out of 4 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Dec 18 2007, 4:53 PM EST
I just had this happen. Spoke to Sprint and HTC. They had no idea what to do. What I did was go to Power and unclicked "Power Off after..." Also unclicked automatic sleep. The problem, so far, is fine - even after I put the unit into sleep mode manually. 2  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Dec 19 2007, 11:53 PM EST
Today HTC published a bluetooth hotfix... don't know when Sprint will have it available. There is also a camera fix. Since I have not turned off bluetooth I have not had problem. I do have problem other threads have when I don't use bluetooth headset.... after a call my ear has brought up 4-10 applications... (I didn't know it knew how to do that).... :)

Hope sprint gets these fixes out for us.
Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Dec 20 2007, 12:03 PM EST
I tried stopping the data connection before I put the phone in sleep mode and I started recieving calls. Do you find this valuable?    
Previous | 13 4 5 6 | Next > Last

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)