• A Wetpaint Site
close
Welcome! Wikis are websites that everyone can build together. It's easy!

Discussion: Sprint Touch lock up

Keyword tags: Sprint Sprint Touch TouchFlo
Watch

Anonymous  (Get credit for your thread)

Previous | 1 2 35 6 7 8 | Next > Last
Walltech

Walltech
RE: Sprint Touch lock up
Jan 3 2008, 10:22 AM EST
This is working but why? 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Jan 3 2008, 11:09 AM EST
you need to leave ACTIVESYNC running dont close it i had the same problem so when you turn on you phone
immediately the phone run ACTIVESYNC ...
Do you find this valuable?    
suzannaski

suzannaski
RE: Sprint Touch lock up- how to stop accidental outgoing calls?
Jan 3 2008, 1:24 PM EST
Hi
My phone hasn't locked up since I turned off the sleep mode, so thanks to y'all who have posted that tip. However, even with the box checked for locking the keys when alseep, my pocket has made several calls, which is totally annoying, not to mention expensive (I need to go check how many minutes I've got left for the month now)
I've been checking the ppcgeeks message board for fixes, but in all honesty its over my head and I don't think I should have to take a course in programming to get my phone to work properly (are you listening, HTC?)
That said, I love everything else about the phone, and my current "fix" for the unintentional calls is to make sure that the display is always on the today screen before hitting the sleep button.
Does anyone have a better, more foolproof/less rube-goldberg solution?
btevdo

btevdo
Jan 3 2008, 2:48 PM EST
I have tested this and I believe this is a foolproof solution and have not missed a single call since past 2 weeks, the only time I missed call was when I
changed back my roaming option to Automatic.
Setting your roaming option to “Sprint Only” fixes the problem.
This is how you set it 1) Click the phone icon 2) when you see the dialpad screen go Menu > Options
3) Go to the services tab 4) Highlight Roaming and click Get Settings and change it to “Sprint Only” then click OK.

Since Sprint has very good nation wide coverage, I think for most of us the “Sprint Only” setting would not be an issue.
Let me know if this solution helps.

Anonymous
Jan 3 2008, 3:57 PM EST
I am hoping that between the above solution and turning the today time out off, there might be a fix. I am currently running both of the above fixes and I will tell you if it works or if it is a bust. Thanks everyone for trying to post solutions for this excellent almost-rings-everytime-phone. Do you find this valuable?    
Ferdball

Ferdball
Jan 3 2008, 5:02 PM EST
"I set it to "sprint only" and am still having the lock ups. WTF"
Maybe the problem is more related to the Today page lockout. Did you uncheck the box?

Start | Settings | Today | Items
Uncheck the Today timeout option.

Anonymous
Jan 3 2008, 6:37 PM EST
How many of you have third party programs on their touch? Has anyone noticed lock ups starting right after installing them? Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Jan 3 2008, 8:07 PM EST
This is becoming ridiculous, today I got a incoming call hit answer nothing happens phone freezes out, after that I clicked so many buttons no response the only way is soft reset

1.) Frequent freeze (serious software issue)
2.) Indefinite sleep mode, the most scary thing I am facing is my friends promised me they left a voice message , I don't see a think either voice message or missed call no trace of it, now I am afraid of giving my cell phone # to my business partners.

Going to wait for one more week else I going back to treo wx (another pain in the ...)
Walltech

Walltech
Jan 3 2008, 8:16 PM EST
"How many of you have third party programs on their touch? Has anyone noticed lock ups starting right after installing them?"
7 third party apps and absolutely no problems. Again if you have not already done so: Follow Ferdball's suggestion has worked wonderfully! Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Jan 4 2008, 12:29 PM EST
It has been exactly 1 week since I got my replacement phone and I have the today time out and sprint-only enabled. The problem of lock-up happened just a few minutes back. Turning off and on took care of the problem, but I don't know if Ferdball's suggestion is a complete cure. What are other's experiences with the above fixes? Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Jan 4 2008, 12:41 PM EST
Hi there, i have a HTC Touch fully unlock (not from sprint) that i bought by myself and activated it with Rogers and i have the exact same issue. My device is just frozing when it goes on sleep mode. The only way to bring the phone back to life if to do a soft reset.

1. Doing a factory default, didn't change a thing. (pretty sure nothing is related to 3rd party software)
2. Unchecking the "Today timeout checkbox" didn't fix the problem
3. I'm gonna try to remove the micro-SD card as said in a other thread and see what happen. (annoying workaround)

For now, the only solution is to keep the device ON all the time to avoid the it to freeze. This is a very bad on battery and the device need to recharged everyday. (unless i keep it plug into a computer or with the regular wall charger).

Sometimes when i bring the phone back from the sleep mode, i can see the WM6 Today screen but nothing is responding withing the WM6's GUI except for the TouchFlo interface that does respond. I can make it pop into the screen, but selectionning anything won't make an application/selection to run.

So far, from what i can guess, the device hang and the CPU is running at full speed in the background while the battery is getting eat very quickly. There must be a thread that loop forever and makes WM6 crash/hang/unstable ...

I already saw the device reboot himself while freeze in sleep mode.

HTC really need to fix their ROM.

Anonymous
Jan 8 2008, 10:15 PM EST
Try turning SPRINT HOME Off. I am running this in addition to the Today Timeout off and Sprint only. Do you find this valuable?    
Ferdball

Ferdball
Jan 9 2008, 1:09 AM EST
I haven't locked up since I changed the Home page. I have NOT changed to Sprint only yet... Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Jan 9 2008, 9:36 AM EST
Changed the home page? What does that mean? Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Jan 9 2008, 11:47 AM EST
"Changed the home page? What does that mean?"
I meant the Today Timeout. Do you find this valuable?    
suzannaski

suzannaski
Hey, my phone's working normally finally! Knock on wood.....
Jan 9 2008, 4:46 PM EST
"How many of you have third party programs on their touch? Has anyone noticed lock ups starting right after installing them?"
Hi
I've installed the pic message software to send pics like a text message instead of as email. My phone lock ups weren't related to it and I had pretty much resolved the lock ups by switching to manual sleep, and turning off roaming. I haven't noticed anything with the Today timeout affecting lockups.
I HAVE noticed that the phone restarted once on its own after the install, and that my speeddial settings on the touch cube disappeared, but not sure when that happened.
I've changed the settings for the button lock to locked when asleep, and it took a while for that setting to take effect.
Accidental outgoing calls have diminished, except when I forget to put the phone back to sleep before pocketing it.
I hope this helps someone out there...
PS, the Office Mobile xcel has made this phone my favorite yet, being able to input figures and run beam calcs on site instead of writing it all down & heading back to the office. Woohoo!
Ferdball

Ferdball
RE: Hey, my phone's working normally finally! Knock on wood.....
Jan 9 2008, 5:19 PM EST
I've always wanted to know how to do a beam calc on the.... wait, what's a beam calc? Do you find this valuable?    
suzannaski

suzannaski
RE: Hey, my phone's working normally finally! Knock on wood.....
Jan 9 2008, 7:05 PM EST
It's when you calculate the height of the beam in front of you then remember to duck before you whack your head ;) 2  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Jan 9 2008, 9:05 PM EST
Hey guys, I work for sprint. When I set my phone to 'sprint only' and did a soft reset it seemed to work fine. Best of luck.. Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Jan 9 2008, 9:35 PM EST
Also go to start-settings-system-key lock and select ‘do not lock buttons. Then go to start-settings-system-power-advanced- and uncheck ‘Turn off device if not used for..’ It seems the problem is derived from the phone automatically locking buttons and automatically turning off. You can still manually turn off the screen and lock the buttons when needed. My manager and I both have this phone and it is now working fine… hope this helps Do you find this valuable?    
Previous | 1 2 35 6 7 8 | Next > Last

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)