• A Wetpaint Wiki
close
Welcome! Wikis are websites that everyone can build together. It's easy!

Instant Messaging for WM6 on 8525

Keyword tags: 8525 Upgrade wm6
Watch
Become a member of the HTC community.
Already a member? Sign in

Anonymous  (Get credit for your thread)

Stoddard
Stoddard
Instant Messaging for WM6 on 8525
Nov 18 2007, 9:17 PM EST
Here is how you Officially Get Live Messenger, AIM, and Yahoo Messenger for WM6!
1. On your 8525 Go to At&t Media Net's home (Programs>Internet Explorer>Favorites>Media Net)
2. Under Categories click on "Mail & Messaging"
3. Under Accounts click on "Mobile IM" - When you do this Your 8525 will prompt you for permission to download a 589KB file called "Mobile_IM_HTC8525_4.1.2CAB" - Make sure you check mark the "open file after download" box then click YES.
4. Once the file downloaded it will ask you for permission to install the CAB file and the location to install it. Choose your "device" as the location and "install"
5. Once the CAB installs you will have "Instant Messaging" under your programs. When you choose it you will notice you have all three Messenger services.
It is all FREE and OFFICIAL from AT&T!!!
Enjoy :-)
Quote and Reply Post a Reply 3  out of 3 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
RE: Instant Messaging for WM6 on 8525
Dec 21 2007, 10:18 AM EST
I downloaded file of MOBILE_IM_HTC8525_4.1.2CAB, but I can´t access due to a message that shows saying " COMMUNICATION ERROR. PLEASE TRY AGAIN OR CHECK YOUR SETTINGS. IM IS NOT SUPPORTED OVER WI-FI CONNECTIONS".

Well, what the hell happened that is not working properly? Everything is ok with my settings.... PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME....
Quote and Reply Post a Reply Do you find this valuable?    
Related Content (what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)
Top Contributors