• A Wetpaint Site
close
Welcome! Wikis are websites that everyone can build together. It's easy!

Discussion: At&T 8525 NO SOUND OR VIBRATE ANYMORE

Watch

Anonymous  (Get credit for your thread)

Anonymous
At&T 8525 NO SOUND OR VIBRATE ANYMORE
Feb 15 2008, 8:15 AM EST
Yes I have the latest ROM update, and yes, I have gone into settings to make sure nothing is muted. For some reason my phone no longer vibrates or makes any sound. No start up sounds, notifications, rings, nothing. Anyone else have this happen? Is there a hidden key combination I hit that turned off all sound?

Thanks for any help.
3  out of 3 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
RE: At&T 8525 NO SOUND OR VIBRATE ANYMORE
Feb 29 2008, 7:45 AM EST
I have exactly the same problem - but as usual the HTC/TYTN just ignores this problem................... Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Apr 16 2008, 6:47 PM EDT
SAME PROBLEM!!!

what to do, any suggestions
Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Jul 19 2008, 2:25 PM EDT
try takeing out the battery of the phone when its on same thing happened to me and i did that and it worked Do you find this valuable?    
metphan

metphan
Aug 1 2008, 12:44 PM EDT
"try takeing out the battery of the phone when its on same thing happened to me and i did that and it worked "
Same problem, no solution here with a cold/hard reset. No solution with an upgrade, no solution with HTC support or ATT support.

What gives?

//unhappy tilt user//

Anonymous
Aug 9 2008, 11:48 AM EDT
you have to take apart the lower half of the phone (wich is very easy) the problem is where the stylus goes in hits the connector for the speaker jest make shure the connector is seated all the way on the board. the connector is on the back next to the push to talk button,I've fixed this problem many a times,I forgot where but I posted a fix with picturessome where. Do you find this valuable?    
metphan

metphan
Aug 9 2008, 6:43 PM EDT
"you have to take apart the lower half of the phone (wich is very easy) the problem is where the stylus goes in hits the connector for the speaker jest make shure the connector is seated all the way on the board. the connector is on the back next to the push to talk button,I've fixed this problem many a times,I forgot where but I posted a fix with picturessome where. "
Hey Thank you all.

I upgraded to 6.1 and all problems disappeared. Amazing.

Thanks again.

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)