• A Wetpaint Site
Welcome! This is a website that everyone can build together. It's easy!

Discussion: Instant Messaging for WM6 on 8525

Watch

Anonymous  (Get credit for your thread)

Stoddard
Stoddard
Instant Messaging for WM6 on 8525
Nov 18 2007, 9:19 PM EST
Here is how you Officially Get Live Messenger, AIM, and Yahoo Messenger for WM6!
1. On your 8525 Go to At&t Media Net's home (Programs>Internet Explorer>Favorites>Media Net)
2. Under Categories click on "Mail & Messaging"
3. Under Accounts click on "Mobile IM" - When you do this Your 8525 will prompt you for permission to download a 589KB file called "Mobile_IM_HTC8525_4.1.2CAB" - Make sure you check mark the "open file after download" box then click YES.
4. Once the file downloaded it will ask you for permission to install the CAB file and the location to install it. Choose your "device" as the location and "install"
5. Once the CAB installs you will have "Instant Messaging" under your programs. When you choose it you will notice you have all three Messenger services.
It is all FREE and OFFICIAL from AT&T!!!
Enjoy :-)
15  out of 18 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
RE: Instant Messaging for WM6 on 8525
Nov 26 2007, 6:32 AM EST
I have download and installed WM6 update. I was happy when I checked also I have no MSN Messenger. I followed the instructions above and everything was great. But this version of IM is not connecting because shows a message saying that is not allowed Wi-Fi connections.

The worst of all is that I was not connect into a Wi-Fi connection.. only Edge.

Another subject is that I have problemas in my IE. It only works with ActiveSync connected. When I have to use this browser with Edge connection, there´s problem and shows a message saying that did not locate the server.

Well...general problem... Someone can help me?

1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Dec 17 2007, 7:25 PM EST
How about T-mobile service...? Where can i access those files... Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Dec 22 2007, 10:57 PM EST
Hello, I'm having the same problem as the second poster above, "Communication error. Please try again or check your settings. IM is not supported over Wi-Fi connections." when i try to connect to aim. i'm using the oz communications MobileIM that was downloaded from mediaNET. it was NOT free though because it counts as downloaded data (unless you have a data plan). Has anyone had any success with this? I'd really hate to downgrade my 8525 to WM5 Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Dec 25 2007, 9:37 PM EST
when i go to favorites and media net it says page cannot be found ad to check name and try again 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
Rainman76
Rainman76
Dec 25 2007, 10:52 PM EST
The IM client mentioned in the first post of this thread is the OZ IM messenger client. This IM client runs on your text messaging allwance. So be careful with this application, especially if you do not have a generous text messaging plan. Now, if you want the true Windows Live Messenger for Windows Mobile 6, you can get it here:

http://www.cinetsystems.com/xda/Kaiser%20Cab%20Collections/Windows%20Live%2010.6.33.0600%20%28Fixed%29%20%28duttythroy%29.cab

This version of Windows Live Messenger works over wi-fi or your data connection with AT&T. It also has some great features:

1. Allows for multiple conversations
2. You can send voice clips to other Windows Live Messenger users.
3. You can send files and pictures from your WM6 device to other Windows Live Messenger users.
4. Supports Emoticons.

Also, when you download this Windows Live Services, you can also get "Push" email service through your Hotmail account onto your Windows Mobile phone.

Another option is IM+. It works over wi-fi or your data connection and it supports Windows Messenger, Yahoo! Messenger, AOL Instant Messenger, Google Talk, Jabber, ICQ, and MySpace IM. It costs $40 but if you have the need for multiple IM clients, this is app is worth it. It can be found here:

http://www.handango.com/PlatformProductDetail.jsp?siteId=1&osId=1152&jid=9A95CX85AF2DFA7873C8A9F43D1381A2&platformId=2&N=4294909269&R=81774&productId=81774
0  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Dec 26 2007, 3:09 PM EST
For some reason i could not get on the address you posted on my tilt. But i could on my desktop. So i tried to put the file into active sync and that seemed to work, but when i unplugged my phone, restarted, and tried windows live, the same problem still occered. please help, im trying everything to get on aim or windows live. Do you find this valuable?    
Rainman76
Rainman76
Dec 26 2007, 7:23 PM EST
"For some reason i could not get on the address you posted on my tilt. But i could on my desktop. So i tried to put the file into active sync and that seemed to work, but when i unplugged my phone, restarted, and tried windows live, the same problem still occered. please help, im trying everything to get on aim or windows live. "
Once you save the file onto your desktop, you need to copy and save it onto your Tilt. Once saved on the Tilt, open the file from the File Explorer on your Tilt. It will then install itself onto the Tilt. All .CAB files work this way on Windows Mobile devices. 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Jan 31 2008, 6:38 PM EST
Has the URL link changed because I'm trying to get to the web page and can't..........Don't understand why it isn't already loaded on the tilt.....it's in the "Getting Started Guide" .....NICE.....can you help or direct me please......?
Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Feb 6 2008, 1:32 PM EST
Yea I couldn't get to that link either but I found another website that has that same cab files.

http://duttythroy.lives-in.eu/

Go to Cabs and find Windows Live 10.6.33.0600 it's located close to the bottom of the list.
1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Mar 6 2008, 7:58 PM EST
how can i get aol instant messenger on my sprint mogul for free? 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Mar 25 2008, 8:34 PM EDT
Hey buddy, this site seems to be down too. If you the file or if you know another site, you email it on [email protected]. I would greatly appreciate it.
thanks
Do you find this valuable?    
brooklynsugabun

brooklynsugabun
Jul 10 2008, 2:34 PM EDT
I'm not sure if this will work with ur phone but it works great on my mogul and the motorola Q. You can have aim, msn, gtalk, jabber, yahoo and icq all for free ...http://www.lonelycatgames.com/?app=slick Do you find this valuable?    

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)
Top Contributors