• A Wetpaint Site
close
Welcome! Wikis are websites that everyone can build together. It's easy!

Discussion: 8525 pairing with multiple bluetooth hands-free devices not possible?

Keyword tags: 340 8525 AT&T BluAlert Bluetooth Bracelet Cingular Hands-Free headset Hermes HTC paired pairing Plantronics ThinkGeek
Watch

Anonymous  (Get credit for your thread)

SturmB
SturmB
8525 pairing with multiple bluetooth hands-free devices not possible?
Feb 28 2008, 10:10 PM EST
I have a Cingular 8525 (HTC Hermes) that I bought about a year ago. Since then, I've upgraded it to Windows Mobile 6. Having a Bluetooth Plantronics 340 hands-free device has been a great help while driving and it paired nicely with the 8525. Now I just bought a BluAlert Bracelet from ThinkGeek, believing that I could pair it up as well and have a nice, happy family of bluetooth addons for my phone.

Not so much. When pairing the Plantronics headset to the phone and entering the passkey, I am offered the choice to select which Bluetooth service the headset will use, but I am only given one choice: "Hands-Free." Awesome. No problem there, since that's what it was meant for. However, when pairing the bracelet with the phone, entering the passkey, and offered to choose which Bluetooth service it will use, I am offered only once: "Hands-Free" again! Well, I didn't think at the time that would present any problems, but it evidently does.

Evidently, the 8525 will only recognize one "Hands-Free" device at a time--the first one it detects. In order to switch it to another one, I have remove both devices in the paired Bluetooth device list, then have it re-detect the one I want to use. NOT cool. Why can't it be possible for BOTH the headset AND the bracelet to work together and at the same time with the 8525? Or am I missing something that will make them both work?
Do you find this valuable?    

Be the first to reply.

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)
Top Contributors