• A Wetpaint Site

Discussion: Bluetooth COM Ports and WM6

Watch

Anonymous  (Get credit for your thread)

Anonymous
Bluetooth COM Ports and WM6
Nov 3 2007, 11:37 PM EDT
I just updated the ROM of my 8525 to WM6 and I am trying to pair my device with my laptop, but I can't because there is no "New Outgoing Port" option under the Bluetooth COM Ports tab. Seems something is missing. I had the phone connected via both versions of WM5 that were available for the phone prior. Any idea on how to fix this issue? 2  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
RE: Bluetooth COM Ports and WM6
Jan 16 2008, 11:39 AM EST
Got the same problem as you. What worked for me was:
1)- remove the pc from your bluetooth device list
2)- remove the pda from your bluetooth pc list
3)- make them both discoverable
4)- right click on the bluetooth icon on the pc and click on "join a personal area network"
5)- follow the process and get the pda on the PAN
6)- start Active Sync from the pda and select connect throug bluetooth

That worked for me. Maybe you might need to play a little bit around with this PAN thingy.

Hope it helps,
4  out of 4 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Jan 28 2008, 1:03 PM EST
"Got the same problem as you. What worked for me was:
1)- remove the pc from your bluetooth device list
2)- remove the pda from your bluetooth pc list
3)- make them both discoverable
4)- right click on the bluetooth icon on the pc and click on "join a personal area network"
5)- follow the process and get the pda on the PAN
6)- start Active Sync from the pda and select connect throug bluetooth

That worked for me. Maybe you might need to play a little bit around with this PAN thingy.

Hope it helps,"
It's working !! well done. Just to clarify step 5 - unsure of what this process is, all I've done was to follow a standard BT relation with my laptop (dell latitude d630) to then sunc via BT. Cheers. 0  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Mar 6 2008, 12:40 AM EST
Hey,
I was having a very similar problem where my ppc woudn't connect at all. This fixed it. Thanks guys
1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Apr 28 2008, 6:10 AM EDT
"Hey,
I was having a very similar problem where my ppc woudn't connect at all. This fixed it. Thanks guys"
THanks buddy works for me also.... :-) 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)
Top Contributors