• A Wetpaint Site
Already a member?
Sign in
close
Welcome! Wikis are websites that everyone can build together. It's easy!

Discussion: 3 weeks with my ppc6800

Keyword tags: 6800 bell ppc6800
Watch

Anonymous  (Get credit for your thread)

Anonymous
3 weeks with my ppc6800
Nov 11 2007, 10:55 AM EST
i have had my phone for 3 weeks now and no freezes. No luck with emai and managed to sign in to messenger.......once but now does not want to work. MSN mobile site (through the phone)keeps teling me that it is unavailiable at this time. hard to tell if i am on my home wifi ie connection or the wireless bell data conection. Problems with vista support and with instal for programs. Bluetooth seems to dissapear and have to reset up partnerships. bell support is like the blind leading the blind. activesync is very very slow while syncing mp3. My contacts show up as offline in messenger and will only allow me to send them an emial (which won't send). i know they are cause i see them signed in on another pc. The good is all features (for me) work or surpass expectations for everything NON-DATA related eg. cam, light up keypad,music,navigation,super cool looking, voice memo and well everything else PS love the flashlight. Needs some time to work out bugs as the phone is only out a few months now. If i can get this phone up and running fully it will be the coolest toy i own. For right now my psp will continue to outshine this thing (which is sad as the psp is 4 years old). If u are up for a challange buy the phone and surf the web for answers for fixes(but not off the phone hahahha) Do you find this valuable?    
Asher_Silver

Asher_Silver
RE: 3 weeks with my ppc6800
Nov 15 2007, 11:30 AM EST
Confirm have to re-pair with ext. GPS, earpieces but not notebook.

Cannot synch with BT nomatter how hard I try .. it does use the COM port when browsing services from the notebook, but then disconnects ... any ideas anyone.

I found same problem with EVDO vs WiFi.

BT A2VD not in stereo, only left ear.

Otherwise a fantastic device!
Do you find this valuable?    
cravinmild

cravinmild
Dec 15 2007, 8:49 PM EST
2nd Month with ppc6800.
Have not had time to update and create profile till now. SO first the bad.......the bluetooth connection for sync or stero headset is not very good. Have bought the sony bt Q30 earclip style (Future Crap for 145$....Bad voice and bad bass but do the trick for first gen stuff. Plus cheaper than replacing phone by overhandling). Will lose pairing at least once a day or evern cause a soft reset....have had 4 now. The thought of voice dial and voice operation through headset is nice. Have not been able to find a way to shut off screen while using headset for music(power waste). Ps i get about 7 solid hours of bluetooth streaming audio befor i drain the batt. Still have not been able to drain batt on bluetooth headset in same time period. Bluetooth shuts off one its own without warnning or becomes undescoverable and needs to be activated.....3 times a day. syncing with bluetooth works one day and not the next .....hummmmmm. The cam is pretty cool. have had time to play with it a bit and it has some very cool features that u have to try to say whoooo thats coolllllll. BTW the case this phone comes with is complete crap as far a function goes. Takes for ever to get out and put back..fumble fumble almost drop and u always hit the buttons causing u to pull out to see if u hit buttons. Cant get email or msn to work right. Can talk to people with voice chat but will still tell me they are off line even thought they are set to online. Have not had an update yet and is still bit confusing to tell if u are online with wifi or data plan . have 2 gig card for mem and glad i got it for the pics and videos alone. almost out of room with have to complete later and i do have a lot more to add. till then don't be discuraged even with these fixable problems there is still no phone yet that can do what this one can soo be confident in your purchase as i still beleave i have one of the best phones on the market.

Anonymous
Dec 19 2007, 10:38 AM EST
Hello Cravin
I believe some of the problems you are having is because you need to read the user manual a little further. As big as it is it will help.You will have to set up your email like you would at home on your computer for your isp provider. Including user name and password. If you are still having problems syncing,confirm that you have installed the vista version of windows mobile device center. I've had no problems through a cable. Thankful for your comments and review, I myself have only owned one a short while and glad to hear postive/negative feedback on features.

cravinmild

cravinmild
Dec 19 2007, 7:11 PM EST
have now gotten email set up with phone yayyayayayayayaay. Took a few hours as there were problems with the way the phone was programed(As a blackberry). The next problem is to install the new wlm 1400 to get messenger to show contacts as NOT away all the time. Have tryed to copy over but will just loop/freeze and have soft rest. transfer over from sync and the file asks me to uninstal win live befor it can instal wlm 1400?????????? another call to bell i guess. Do you find this valuable?    
cravinmild

cravinmild
Dec 29 2007, 10:49 PM EST
"i have had my phone for 3 weeks now and no freezes. No luck with emai and managed to sign in to messenger.......once but now does not want to work. MSN mobile site (through the phone)keeps teling me that it is unavailiable at this time. hard to tell if i am on my home wifi ie connection or the wireless bell data conection. Problems with vista support and with instal for programs. Bluetooth seems to dissapear and have to reset up partnerships. bell support is like the blind leading the blind. activesync is very very slow while syncing mp3. My contacts show up as offline in messenger and will only allow me to send them an emial (which won't send). i know they are cause i see them signed in on another pc. The good is all features (for me) work or surpass expectations for everything NON-DATA related eg. cam, light up keypad,music,navigation,super cool looking, voice memo and well everything else PS love the flashlight. Needs some time to work out bugs as the phone is only out a few months now. If i can get this phone up and running fully it will be the coolest toy i own. For right now my psp will continue to outshine this thing (which is sad as the psp is 4 years old). If u are up for a challange buy the phone and surf the web for answers for fixes(but not off the phone hahahha)"
As i have said befor the phone is sooooooooooo much cooler than anyone elses phone right now. Not that i am keeping track but this phone is really really sweat. It has its issues(bluetooth, some features only supported in the US, can have low # of bars for reception while in buildings, lack of quality support by carrior regarding updates to fix said issues) that can make a stressfull day worse but all in all it is a great purchase and glad i made it. Anyone checking out phones to buy there are some very very nice models released after this one AND they all for the most part have the same/addional issues(read the treads). For all its faults still makes me proud to be the owner when i pull this thing out. In addtion to all that i have said I have now gotten ALL features working now(except one mentioned about U.S. only features-trips and streets ie). Have read u can even get satilite radio on this thing how cool is that. I wonder if it will support satilite released in 08. Any ways this i my last mess for this thread as far as updating the original thread. I LOVE THIS PHONE
cravinmild

cravinmild
Dec 29 2007, 10:52 PM EST
ok this is the last one but had to change that last part to SATILITE TV IN 08 Do you find this valuable?    

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)