• A Wetpaint Wiki
close
Welcome! Wikis are websites that everyone can build together. It's easy!

Cannot power on

Keyword tags: None
Watch
Become a member of the htc community.
Already a member? Sign in

Anonymous  (Get credit for your thread)

Anonymous
Cannot power on
Dec 16 2006, 9:33 AM EST
My phone battery was low so I turned off my device pressing and hold the power button.
Once I get my home and plug it, the phone didn´t turn on the display and I think that it´s normal because I turned the phone off.
After a regular overnight charging, this morning When I hold the power button to turn it on the phone stay off.
I try with a soft reset and nothing happened.
Any help? TIA
Quote and Reply Post a Reply Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
RE: Cannot power on
Dec 16 2006, 3:04 PM EST
The problem was that I hold until turn off the device and with this, the battery cannot charge from the usb port. So the solution are change the battery with one with enough power to turn it on or charge the battery outside the device . Turn on the device and that´s it, ready. Quote and Reply Post a Reply Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Dec 17 2006, 1:44 PM EST
You might have to remove the battery and SIM card for 10 seconds or so, then put it back together and try turning it on (rebooting). Quote and Reply Post a Reply Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Mar 26 2007, 5:09 AM EDT
My device did this twenty five days after puchase. I took it back and they gave me a brand new unit. If your device is still under warrenty I would suggest that route. Quote and Reply Post a Reply Do you find this valuable?    
johnrodkey
johnrodkey
Jun 15 2007, 10:28 AM EDT
Take a look at http://www.golod.com/2006/06/cingular-8125-battery-woes/

The solution: remove the battery, apply 4.5 to 5.5 Volts from a 1000 mah source to the outside terminals on the battery while monitoring the voltage until the battery is charged up. This can take as little as a minute, so don't go off and leave it to cook. Once the battery is charged above a certain threshold, it will be able to be charged via the USB port again. Note that the USB spec calls for 500 maH, and the HTC USB charger supplies 1000 maH, so you should use the HTC charger, not a Motorola charger, when possible. If you do charge via a USB connection to a computer or via the Motorola or similar low power charger, make sure you do so with the screen turned off.

Quote and Reply Post a Reply Do you find this valuable?    
Navigation
Top Contributors