• A Wetpaint Site
close
Welcome! Wikis are websites that everyone can build together. It's easy!

Discussion: Change Alarm Sounds

Keyword tags: None
Watch

Anonymous  (Get credit for your thread)

2 | Next

Anonymous
Change Alarm Sounds
Dec 3 2006, 2:38 PM EST
I just purchased an 8525. Does anyone know how to add to the list of sounds for the Alarm (possibly use an .mp3)? Also does anyone know where you can get an adaptor to use a 3.5 mm headphone on this unit? 1  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    
toddwynia

toddwynia
RE: Change Alarm Sounds
Mar 26 2007, 8:47 AM EDT
I was hoping to do the same thing. I see no replies here, but did you figure it out on your own by chance? I can't seem to find a file folder where notifications and alarms are stored. I see the ringtones, but not alarms. Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Mar 27 2007, 9:54 AM EDT
Alarms can only use .wav files. They're located in the root of the Windows folder. 6  out of 6 found this valuable. Do you?    
mykrowsy

mykrowsy
Mar 31 2007, 11:12 AM EDT
there are other alarm programs you can add to your phone that will take any audio format. try downloading one from 8525software.com or freewareppc.com or similar sites 2  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Apr 18 2007, 5:38 PM EDT
try cellphoneshop.net for an adapter for 3.5mm headphones Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Dec 7 2007, 2:24 PM EST
where is the root of the windows folder Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Dec 24 2007, 6:08 AM EST
I've placed *.wav and *.wma files in the \Windows folder and they don't show up in the list for alarm & alert sounds. 1  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    
Rainman76
Rainman76
Dec 24 2007, 9:04 AM EST
"I've placed *.wav and *.wma files in the \Windows folder and they don't show up in the list for alarm & alert sounds."
I would save the files in the My Documents folder. 0  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
mikechris

mikechris
Jan 4 2008, 8:02 AM EST
This did not work for me either. I have an HTC touch and still cannot cahgne any of the alarms! Do you find this valuable?    
Rainman76
Rainman76
Jan 4 2008, 9:05 AM EST
"This did not work for me either. I have an HTC touch and still cannot cahgne any of the alarms!"
Hmmmmm, it should have worked in the Windows folder. I'll have to look into this. Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Jan 9 2008, 2:45 PM EST
I am experiencing the same problem with WM6 on my Qphone 9c. On my original Q (WM5)I could put them in the Windows directory and it would pick them up. However, on WM6 I've tried both .wav & .wmv formats with no luck. If someone can figure this out I would be very grateful!

Lance
Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Jan 11 2008, 7:10 PM EST
Make sure you go to the WIndows folder under My Device. Paste the Wav file there. It will then show up, but the problem is that when I select it would not stay as a selection. The selection will automatically revert to Default. Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Jan 24 2008, 2:33 AM EST
does anyone know how to select it and not make it revert back to the default? Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Jan 31 2008, 9:16 AM EST
"This did not work for me either. I have an HTC touch and still cannot cahgne any of the alarms!"
On my HTC S620 (with HTC WM6 ROM) I succeeded by placing my .wav file
into the \\My Documents folder. The setting survives a soft boot without problems.
Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Feb 12 2008, 5:41 PM EST
Can't be done. I called Sprint support and they said there is no way to do it with the HTC Touch so I found a work-a-round. Go to Settings, Personal, Sounds and Notifications. Then click Notifications and under events choose reminders and then on the 2nd scroll bar choose Roam Ringer (that one is the best). Then exit out of everything and go to the calender and set up an appointment and name it something like "Alarm" and set the start time and then under the "Reminder" choose how many minutes before that time u want to be reminded. For instance if u want an alarm at 5am then choose your start time to be 5:30am and choose a 30 minute reminder so the alarm sounds at 5am. Do you find this valuable?    
mrfranchize02

mrfranchize02
Feb 16 2008, 7:22 AM EST
Adding new alarm tones is pretty simple. When you sync your phone, go the to the windows folder. If you don't see the windows folder in the "mobile device", you have to go the folder options and "show all files" or "unhide" etc. Drop a .wav file directly into the windows folder. You'll see the other horrible .wav tones in that folder. The "VIBRATE" must be selected in order for the .wav to work. Don't ask why just do it. This should work. I haven't run into any .wav s that didn't work for me. MP3's must be converted to wav. There are plenty free converters out there. 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Mar 3 2008, 10:22 PM EST
I agree with this. I did everything else and it did not work. I then dropped a wav file into my documents, pulled up the notification settings and there it was. Thanks Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Mar 9 2008, 9:40 AM EDT
i cant find the "windows" file, i went to options and made all files shown but its still not there? Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Mar 14 2008, 4:40 PM EDT
found the solution.

1st step:convert mp3 file to wav
2nd step:put it in windows folder
3rd step:go to clocks and alarms
4th step:click the bell icon
5th step:under play sound select the list of drop down sounds
6th step:use ur stylus to hold the file(do not let go, or else it will go back to default)
7th step:press ur dpad (the button in between the green and red button) to select the file

works like a charm
11  out of 11 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Mar 21 2008, 1:50 PM EDT
Congratulations, I'm from Brazil, and i folowed every step and really works. Thanks for the tip. Do you find this valuable?    
2 | Next
Top Contributors