Discussion: Change Alarm Sounds

Keyword tags: clock (edit keyword tags)

Watch

Anonymous  (Get credit for your thread)

Previous | 1 2 3  | Next

Anonymous
RE: Change Alarm Sounds
Apr 1 2008, 5:45 PM EDT
cant remember where I found it, but for the alarm files they are named Alarm1, Alarm2, ect... but if you want to put a tone you made just name it Alarm8 (for example) and it will work, it will not work if you name the file dance.mp3, just trick it and use the alarm name 1  out of 5 found this valuable. Do you?    
youbim
youbim
Apr 4 2008, 3:11 AM EDT
to make your .wav file work as alarm sound you must convert it to PCM audio format. Then, you inject the converted file in windows dir. Enjoy :) 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Apr 10 2008, 1:35 AM EDT
go to spoontools.com and download the free version. I have been using that and that is good... 2  out of 3 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Apr 16 2008, 8:51 PM EDT
"I was hoping to do the same thing. I see no replies here, but did you figure it out on your own by chance? I can't seem to find a file folder where notifications and alarms are stored. I see the ringtones, but not alarms."
I had the same problem trying to add custom sounds to my pantech duo, the files were all wav but they still didnt show up in the list. For the files to show up in the list you have to edit a registry key that has the list of all the sounds and locations of the sounds. Once you have that key edited you will see the sounds in your list. it doesnt matter what phone as long as window mobile is the OS. Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Apr 16 2008, 8:57 PM EDT
i found teh location of the key .... HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\Sounds you need to add the wav file to the AllSounds string value (make sure you add it at the very end) . the first time i did it i had forgotten to show the os files that were hidden so i put the waves somewere else so i added this at the end of the Allsounds string value..
\Application Data\Sounds\computersounds\cancelled.wmv if you know the location of the rest of the waves already in your phone you entry should then say this
\windows\xxxxx.wav
0  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Apr 18 2008, 3:58 AM EDT
OMG thanks so much 0  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
May 12 2008, 8:30 PM EDT
"found the solution.

1st step:convert mp3 file to wav
2nd step:put it in windows folder
3rd step:go to clocks and alarms
4th step:click the bell icon
5th step:under play sound select the list of drop down sounds
6th step:use ur stylus to hold the file(do not let go, or else it will go back to default)
7th step:press ur dpad (the button in between the green and red button) to select the file

works like a charm"
genius, sheer genius.
Works like a damn charm.
5  out of 7 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
May 17 2008, 10:12 PM EDT
"found the solution.

6th step:use ur stylus to hold the file(do not let go, or else it will go back to default)
7th step:press ur dpad (the button in between the green and red button) to select the file

works like a charm"
You are a person who knows how to explain stuff :D , thanks . it's working now . 5  out of 6 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
May 18 2008, 5:00 PM EDT
Genius the last step was all that was missing, many thanks - this is a really big problem for many people! 0  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Jun 10 2008, 10:51 AM EDT
"Adding new alarm tones is pretty simple. When you sync your phone, go the to the windows folder. If you don't see the windows folder in the "mobile device", you have to go the folder options and "show all files" or "unhide" etc. Drop a .wav file directly into the windows folder. You'll see the other horrible .wav tones in that folder. The "VIBRATE" must be selected in order for the .wav to work. Don't ask why just do it. This should work. I haven't run into any .wav s that didn't work for me. MP3's must be converted to wav. There are plenty free converters out there."
dropping that Wav. file directly into the windows folder worked, thanks!!! 1  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Aug 14 2008, 2:34 PM EDT
you da man Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Sep 7 2008, 2:26 AM EDT
"found the solution.

works like a charm"
You are a master MAn... thanks soo much 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Sep 8 2008, 5:32 AM EDT
just add spoon alarm.. and use mp3 as your alarm 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Sep 12 2008, 6:09 AM EDT
Followed this to a "T". And I didn't even have to do steps 6 and 7.

Thanks so much!!!!
Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Sep 16 2008, 1:31 PM EDT
Thanks, works great! Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Oct 30 2008, 5:16 PM EDT
Maybe a silly question but how do you drop the .wav file into the Windows folder? I have no problem getting into the Windows file through the phones start menu but from there Im stuck. Ive got my phone synced with my computer but can't find the Windows folder there to drop the file in. Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Nov 4 2008, 5:25 PM EST
Easy peasy, simply use the explorer (browse to your mydocs dir or wherever you dropped your .wav file, select it and cut it. Then head over to /windows/ and hit paste).

But one thing I don't get is I have a wav file which I can play via WMP / when I select it at the alarm settings screen. However when I set is as my alarm the alarm suddenly no longer vibrates or makes any sound. Switching it back to any of the stock sounds fixes the problem in an instant....... Using CDex to convert the mp3 I have.

Anonymous
Nov 9 2008, 5:50 PM EST
"You are a person who knows how to explain stuff :D , thanks . it's working now ."
Thank you soooo much, you really know your stuff, you are a smart person.

Anonymous
Nov 11 2008, 8:29 AM EST
you are a genius.....it worked perfectly Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Nov 12 2008, 2:10 PM EST
Hi everything.
I've tried everything above and it still doesn't work using Windows Alarms"1st step:convert mp3 file to wav
7th step:press ur dpad (the button in between the green and red button) to select the file"

This doesn't work as when it's time for the alarm goes off there is simply no sound. I also turned the VIBRATE on and that still doesn't work.

I have downloaded Spoonalarms but it's a little sketchy as the first 2 times it went of the phone crashed and needed a restart. It also doesn't have the handy feature of choosing specific days for the alarm to go off.

Thoughts?

Thanks,

M
Previous | 1 2 3  | Next

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)
Site pages
Top Contributors