• A Wetpaint Wiki
close
Welcome! Wikis are websites that everyone can build together. It's easy!

MP3 RIngtones

Keyword tags: None
Watch
Become a member of the htc community.
Already a member? Sign in

Anonymous  (Get credit for your thread)

jlyn069

jlyn069
MP3 RIngtones
Nov 25 2006, 12:40 AM EST
On my old MPX220, I had made my own MP3 ringtones for each person. On my new CIngular 8125, I put the ringtones where they belong and when I try to attatch them to a person, they do not play at all. THey show up in my list with every MP3 that is on my sd card, which will not play either. Does anyone know why? I think all my contacts are on my SIM. Thank you for any help.
Jackie
Quote and Reply Post a Reply Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
RE: MP3 RIngtones
Dec 17 2006, 2:36 PM EST
just a guess, but most of the phones I sell require your contacts to stored to the device memory in order to add voice tags or personalized ringtones. Copy your contacts from SIM to Phone and see if it works. Quote and Reply Post a Reply Do you find this valuable?    
jlyn069

jlyn069
Dec 17 2006, 7:55 PM EST
"just a guess, but most of the phones I sell require your contacts to stored to the device memory in order to add voice tags or personalized ringtones. Copy your contacts from SIM to Phone and see if it works."
I tried that. Seems all my contacts are on my phone and not my sim. That makes no sense to me but I had to type all of them in when I got the phone because the MPX would not copy my contacts. It seems that the phone will not play an MP3 as a ringtone at all. I read somewhere about making a wav for a ringtone and that does work but takes up so much space. Am I doing something wrong? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you
Jackie

Anonymous
Jun 5 2007, 12:01 PM EDT
for me, the tones i want to use as rings are stored to the phone in my documents but NOT in my music then the phoen will find them. Quote and Reply Post a Reply Do you find this valuable?    
jlyn069

jlyn069
Jun 6 2007, 2:56 AM EDT
"for me, the tones i want to use as rings are stored to the phone in my documents but NOT in my music then the phoen will find them."
Are they mp3s or midis or what kind of file?
THank you for your reply
Jackie
Navigation
Top Contributors