• A Wetpaint Site
close
Welcome! Wikis are websites that everyone can build together. It's easy!

Discussion: New Rom + Resetting Question

Keyword tags: 8925 AT&T 8925 AT&T Tilt HTC TyTN II kaiser tilt
Watch

Anonymous  (Get credit for your thread)

Anonymous
New Rom + Resetting Question
Yesterday, 4:06 PM EDT
newb here...what is the difference between this new rom and the kaiser 6.1 rom?

I just got a brand new Tilt and the system info says I already have the 1.65.502.00 version. Does that mean all I have to do to improve my phone is do a hard/soft reset to get rid of att bloatware?
Or is the HTC rom better than the ATT rom? Right now I assume that HTC rom is the same as ATT rom except without bloatware.

also...I am not entirely sure, but how do you perform a hard/soft reset? I read many threads without specific instructions. Press the hole wit a stylus for a hard reset and then what do you do to soft reset it...press the hole again? I don't wnat to experiment and miss the 3 second window.
Do you find this valuable?    
denco7
denco7
RE: New Rom + Resetting Question
Yesterday, 5:24 PM EDT
"newb here...what is the difference between this new rom and the kaiser 6.1 rom?

I just got a brand new Tilt and the system info says I already have the 1.65.502.00 version. Does that mean all I have to do to improve my phone is do a hard/soft reset to get rid of att bloatware?
Or is the HTC rom better than the ATT rom? Right now I assume that HTC rom is the same as ATT rom except without bloatware.

also...I am not entirely sure, but how do you perform a hard/soft reset? I read many threads without specific instructions. Press the hole wit a stylus for a hard reset and then what do you do to soft reset it...press the hole again? I don't wnat to experiment and miss the 3 second window."
You may have mis read it. I believe the most recent AT$T rom is 1.62.502.00. Yes it is that easy to get rid of the bloat ware. Is the new HTC 6.1 rom better than the present AT$T rom? new features, WM 6.1, a little speedier but very very buggy so far. Wait for the AT$T upgrade.

To perform a hard reset, back up all personal data:

1, Press and hold both soft keys, the two keys to the inside of the red and green phone keys

2.Use Stylus to press and hold the soft rest button on the bottom of the phone.

3.Keep buttons pressed until keypad lights go off and then flash

4. Release the soft reset button while still holding the two soft keys, let go of the soft keys when you see." this operation will delete all your personal data to manufacturers default.

5. Finally press the green call button to perform the hard reset,

If you want to get rid of the bloatware, when the phone reboots to the loading the customizations in 3 seconds screen soft reset again ( stylus in the bottom hole ) remove and the phone will re boot without the bloatware. Hope this helps

Anonymous
Yesterday, 10:14 PM EDT
oh you're right. all this time I thought the new ATT rom came out. if i would lose all my information doing a hard then soft reset, and i'd lose all my info upgrading the ATT rom anyway...I guess I would just wait?

Anonymous
Yesterday, 10:19 PM EDT
also, how would I back up all personal data...will synching data with my laptop back up the data? Do you find this valuable?    
denco7
denco7
Yesterday, 10:29 PM EDT
"also, how would I back up all personal data...will synching data with my laptop back up the data? "
Doing a hard reset only erases the stored data on the phone.It does not erase the rom or anything built into the rom. If you have a storage card in your phone. Back up using the Sprite Backup program that you will find in your program menu. It will back up everything to your storage card and will restore everything after a hard reset. Syncing to your laptop will back up your personal data but not any programs or other downloads you have made to your phone. Do you find this valuable?    

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)
Wiki pages
Top Contributors