• A Wetpaint Wiki
close
Welcome! Wikis are websites that everyone can build together. It's easy!

HELP! Have to soft-reset several times daily to keep mail coming in.

Keyword tags: 8900 AT&T Tilt Cannot Connect reset
Watch
Become a member of the htc community.
Already a member? Sign in

Anonymous  (Get credit for your thread)

mansart

mansart
HELP! Have to soft-reset several times daily to keep mail coming in.
Wednesday, 6:37 PM EST
My Tilt seemed to work fine for the first month I had it. Then I started noticing that I wasn't always getting email during the day (set to check every 15 min). When I notice it's been a while since I've received messages, I do a manual send/receive and, after flashing a couple of "Connecting to MEdia Net" messages, it pops up with:

"Cannot Connect. Dialed: wap.cingular. Cannot connect for an unknown reason. To check your connection settings and change them if needed, tap Settings. If the problem continues, reset your mobile device according to your manufacturer's documentation and try again."

Well, I reset the phone and then it connects with no problem...for a time. However, after some unknown period of time it stops connecting again, and I have no way of knowing that it has stopped connecting unless I do a manual send/receive again. Since my main reason for getting a smartphone was to be able to receive time-critical emails throughout the day, the "smart" does me no good if I never know whether it's connecting or not.

I'm curious if anyone else has this problem and, more importantly, if anyone has a solution. Thanks.

HTC-8900
ROM version: 1.57.502.2
ROM date: 08/25/07
Radio version: 1.27.12.11
Protocol version: 22.45.88.07H
WinMobile 6 Pro (CE OS 5.2.1620 (Build 18125.0.4.2))
Quote and Reply Post a Reply Do you find this valuable?    
jfnjfn

jfnjfn
RE: HELP! Have to soft-reset several times daily to keep mail coming in.
Wednesday, 9:34 PM EST
Check and see if the 3 G is on. When traveling sometimes the 3G does not work and it won't connect.....wait a day and then it works.... Quote and Reply Post a Reply Do you find this valuable?    
mansart

mansart
RE: HELP! Have to soft-reset several times daily to keep mail coming
Thursday, 3:15 PM EST
At home the device connects through the Edge network and at work it uses 3G, but the "cannot connect" issue happens at both locations so it doesn't seem related to the network being used. Quote and Reply Post a Reply Do you find this valuable?    
grinstb
grinstb
RE: HELP! Have to soft-reset several times daily to keep mail coming in.
Thursday, 10:26 PM EST
I am having the same issue works perfectly for a period of time then mysteriously needs a soft reset. It is annoying never knowing for sure if the phone actually has a signal. Quote and Reply Post a Reply Do you find this valuable?    
Related Content (what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)
Navigation
Top Contributors