• A Wetpaint Site
close
Welcome! Wikis are websites that everyone can build together. It's easy!

Discussion: Contacts.lnk

Keyword tags: 8925 AT&T 8925 AT&T Tilt HTC TyTN II kaiser tilt
Watch

Anonymous  (Get credit for your thread)

Anonymous
Contacts.lnk
Friday, 6:14 PM EDT
I installed FunContact to manage my contacts, then the trial period expired, so I deleted it (assuming that it woud automagically fallback to the default contact view). After I deleted the FunContact.exe, my contacts.lnk is still trying to open up FunContact.exe. Does anybody know how I can get the "out of box" contact application back without preforming a hard reset? Here is the error message I get when I press the contacts (113) softkey: "The file 'FunContact' cannot be opened. Either it is not signed with a trusted certificate, or one of its components cannot be found. If the problem persists, try reinstalling or restoring this file." Do you find this valuable?    
Rainman76
Rainman76
RE: Contacts.lnk
Friday, 6:43 PM EDT
"I installed FunContact to manage my contacts, then the trial period expired, so I deleted it (assuming that it woud automagically fallback to the default contact view). After I deleted the FunContact.exe, my contacts.lnk is still trying to open up FunContact.exe. Does anybody know how I can get the "out of box" contact application back without preforming a hard reset? Here is the error message I get when I press the contacts (113) softkey: "The file 'FunContact' cannot be opened. Either it is not signed with a trusted certificate, or one of its components cannot be found. If the problem persists, try reinstalling or restoring this file.""
You should have uninstalled the application instead of just deleting it. I would sync up your device and perform a hard reset just to make sure it is cleared out. Next time you want to remove a program, goto Start\Settings. Then goto the System tab and scroll down to Remove Programs. Any application you have put on to your device will be listed there. Do you find this valuable?    
domzeni

domzeni
RE: Contacts.lnk
Saturday, 12:38 PM EDT
I did go to remove programs as well, but it was after I deleted the executable. When I do a hard reset, I will have to setup my active sync again? Do you find this valuable?    
Wiki pages
Top Contributors