• A Wetpaint Site
close
Welcome! Wikis are websites that everyone can build together. It's easy!

Discussion: Phone shut down, won't turn back on, full battery

Keyword tags: 8925 AT&T 8925 AT&T Tilt HTC TyTN II kaiser tilt
Watch

Anonymous  (Get credit for your thread)

dodgeyaussie

dodgeyaussie
Phone shut down, won't turn back on, full battery
Friday, 5:18 PM EDT
So i went to make a call this morning and the phone just shut down on me. It had been on charge overnight so i know that the battery is fully charged. Now i can't turn it back on. It simply doesn't respond. Tried a hard reset with no result.

Any ideas?
Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
RE: Phone shut down, won't turn back on, full battery
Friday, 5:51 PM EDT
"So i went to make a call this morning and the phone just shut down on me. It had been on charge overnight so i know that the battery is fully charged. Now i can't turn it back on. It simply doesn't respond. Tried a hard reset with no result.

Any ideas?"
Mine did that and I thought I had it charged but I did not remember seeing the read light that it was charging. I put it back on charge and when I saw the red light i left it alone for 4 hours. Turned right on and no more problems sence. 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
dodgeyaussie

dodgeyaussie
Friday, 6:43 PM EDT
"Mine did that and I thought I had it charged but I did not remember seeing the read light that it was charging. I put it back on charge and when I saw the red light i left it alone for 4 hours. Turned right on and no more problems sence."
I've had it on charge for a few hours now and still no response from it.

Would a battery just fail like that? The damn thing is only 5 weeks old!

Anonymous
Yesterday, 6:05 AM EDT
I too had the same problem, just Weee early morning hours today just when I'm down to transferring the last 2-numbers into the contacts. I've only had the phone since Wednesday of this week. I actually took the battery out and replaced it back into the same slot (battery boot/reboot); turned it back on and no problem ... thus far.

Hope this helps.
1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Yesterday, 3:02 PM EDT
"I too had the same problem, just Weee early morning hours today just when I'm down to transferring the last 2-numbers into the contacts. I've only had the phone since Wednesday of this week. I actually took the battery out and replaced it back into the same slot (battery boot/reboot); turned it back on and no problem ... thus far.

Hope this helps."
Tried that numerous times too....

Thank you for the suggestion though..

Anonymous
Yesterday, 9:48 PM EDT
I had similar problem. Phone was fully charged when it shut down. Tried all tricks to turn it back on. Then took it back to ATT. They tried all but could not turn it back on. I had just gotten the phone about 4 days. So they replaced it. I have had the replacement about 2 weeks now. No problem so far. Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Yesterday, 11:22 PM EDT
"So i went to make a call this morning and the phone just shut down on me. It had been on charge overnight so i know that the battery is fully charged. Now i can't turn it back on. It simply doesn't respond. Tried a hard reset with no result.

Any ideas?"
I had a similar thing happen. AT&T sent me a replacement phone. It was not a problem with the phone... The battery died. Like you, I keep my phone well charged. It died in the middle of a call. I thought I had forgotten to charge it but that would have been unusual. Go to your AT&T store and buy a new battery. They run about $42. Do you find this valuable?    
dodgeyaussie

dodgeyaussie
Today, 4:16 AM EDT
Thanks for the replies everyone. I had my girlfriend take the phone to an ATT store today and they pretty much said i should be able to get another one under warranty. I hope this doesn't keep happening though... Do you find this valuable?    

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)
Top Contributors