• A Wetpaint Site
close
Welcome! Wikis are websites that everyone can build together. It's easy!

Discussion: Jabra BT8010 & AT&T Tilt Issue

Keyword tags: 8925 AT&T 8925 AT&T Tilt HTC TyTN II kaiser tilt
Watch

Anonymous  (Get credit for your thread)

Anonymous
Jabra BT8010 & AT&T Tilt Issue
Jan 2 2008, 9:21 AM EST
So, I picked up a Jabra BT8010 mono/stereo bluetooth headset yesterday. I had no problem pairing it and using it in both mono and stereo modes. I was able to make and receive phone calls, and I was also able to listen to music through Windows Media Player. I noticed that there was an icon for the stereo headset on the taskbar (next to network connection). I then turned my headset off for the night.

Upon reconnecting the headset today, it only connects as a mono bluetooth headset. I have checked the settings, and both services are selected (both wireless stereo and hands free). I have also check that the headset is in music mode. I am still having no success. When I choose to play music, it is playing through the Tilt's speaker rather than through the headset. Anyone familiar with similar problems or fixes?

Thanks,
Donovan Newton
Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
RE: Jabra BT8010 & AT&T Tilt Issue
Jan 2 2008, 7:52 PM EST
Hi,

A wild shot but, ... check that you have no appointment, missed calls, or other event notification in progress.
Event notifications might hijack your screen and/or speakers.

Regards,

Anonymous
Jan 3 2008, 10:57 PM EST
I actually had the same problem with my bluetooth headset (soutwing sa505), after much fustration I figured out that you have to make sure it's paired correctly with the tilt, if not it won't work. When the music is playing on windows media and playing thru the tilt, hit the button on the headset so it registers with the tilt. The music shoud then be automatically carried over to the headset. Believe me I was livid and almost close to smashing the headphones until i finally figured out how to delete the device under the bluetooth settings. Which of course is by holding the stylus over the device until the circle comes out and you select delete. good luck. I've had mine for over 1 month and I'm still figuring out how it works. FYI........you can tether your laptop via Bluetooth on the tilt if your internet is down...........ironically my is down now and I'm writing this right off the tethering on the tilt............yeah for technology at it's best. Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Jan 4 2008, 4:39 PM EST
So, neither of those solutions worked, but I figured out the problem.

I did not have any notifications or system events, and I even closed any programs operating in the background to ensure that that was not the problem. Then, I tried again and still had no luck.

I tried the second suggestion next (using the headset button while music was playing). The button on the headset did play/pause the music, but it did not move the music to the headset. When I was about to delete the headset and re-pair it (from the Bluetooth settings menu), I noticed that the option to set the device as the Wireless Stereo was available. I selected that option, and then the music would play through the headset. Each time that the headset is reconnected, the wireless stereo option has to be selected again, so it is slightly annoying, but it works nonetheless.

So, if you are having a problem with a set of Bluetooth wireless headphones, try holding the stylus over device in the Bluetooth settings, then select to set the device as a Wireless Stereo. If there is a better way to get it to automatically connect like this, I haven't found it, but this is a modest workaround.

Thanks for your assistance,
Donovan
1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Jan 6 2008, 3:25 PM EST
ive had the same problem with my lg 8300 i had to delete the headset from my bluetooth devices and repair it so far when ever i turn it off and back on it doesnt have that problem any more but the same thing has happened wih my Motorola HT820 headphones too. Do you find this valuable?    
Rainman76
Rainman76
Jan 6 2008, 10:04 PM EST
"ive had the same problem with my lg 8300 i had to delete the headset from my bluetooth devices and repair it so far when ever i turn it off and back on it doesnt have that problem any more but the same thing has happened wih my Motorola HT820 headphones too."
I don't have that problem with my HT820's on my Tilt. You have the stereo option checked on your bluetooth settings? Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Apr 19 2008, 12:03 AM EDT
thanks. solution worked perfectly. I agree, annoing but works Do you find this valuable?    
Ipaqman

Ipaqman
Apr 26 2008, 10:18 AM EDT
"So, I picked up a Jabra BT8010 mono/stereo bluetooth headset yesterday. I had no problem pairing it and using it in both mono and stereo modes. .... I noticed that there was an icon for the stereo headset on the taskbar (next to network connection). I then turned my headset off for the night.

Upon reconnecting the headset today, it only connects as a mono bluetooth headset. .... Anyone familiar with similar problems or fixes?
"
I had the exact same problem. My other mono/stereo headset (Plantronics 855) did not have this problem. I believe that the power-off design has something to do with it.

Anyway, I wrote to Jabra support and they provided the following solution:

There is a special music pairing mode the Jabra BT8010 headset needs to be in for some cell phones. This mode is not in the user manual because the situation doesn’t happen very often.

You will need to pair the BT8010 to the cell phone again. Push the on/off/pairing button all the way to the pairing mode side. Hold through the first “Pairing Mode.” You will see the cell phone display; keep holding. You will next see “Pairing Mode” again. At this point, release the button and perform the phone pairing mode. You should be all set.

On the Tilt I deleted the BT8010 and started the pairing process as suggested. It worked great. The music headset icon always appears even with disconnects / reconnects.

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)
Top Contributors