• A Wetpaint Site
Already a member?
Sign in
close
Welcome! Wikis are websites that everyone can build together. It's easy!

Discussion: Sprint Mogul Voice Command

Keyword tags: alarm when charging Mogul wakeup workaround for alarm fix
Watch

Anonymous  (Get credit for your thread)

Anonymous
Sprint Mogul Voice Command
Feb 19 2008, 10:20 PM EST
Previously, I had a Sprint 6600 and Voice Command. They worked great together. I recently purchased the Mogul (6800) and cannot successfully install Voice Command. I get a message during the install that it will install to " " and asks if I want to continue. If I choose No, the installation stops. If I choose Yes, the installation finishes and claims to be a successful installation, but I get an error message when trying to run the software that it has encountered a problem and says to restart and try again. I have applied the most recent ROM update available (Nov 2007). The Voice Speed Dial software that comes with the device is not acceptable - it is not realistic to record tags for all of my contacts, software, etc. Someone please fix this or I am going to return the phone before my 30 days are up. 1  out of 3 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
RE: Sprint Mogul Voice Command
Feb 20 2008, 9:40 AM EST
Please someone Get straight to the POINT.... Does VC Works with the HTC's WM6 phone or not!!! Do you find this valuable?    
Rainman76
Rainman76
Feb 20 2008, 10:50 AM EST
"Please someone Get straight to the POINT.... Does VC Works with the HTC's WM6 phone or not!!!"
Voice Command 1.6 does work with Windows Mobile 6. I have it working on my AT&T Tilt. I will say that VC 1.6 does have one issue with WM6, it doesn't announce incoming calls. That can be easily fixed though, through these instructions:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=1548114&postcount=5

As for actually installing it on the Mogul, here is a link that a person has succesfully installed it using an updated ROM:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=363402&highlight=Voice+Command

Search the linked site and you will be able to find some additional info.
Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Feb 20 2008, 3:16 PM EST
I just installed VC on my tilt today. As I bought ver 1.101 and upgraded to ver 1.50 then1.60 I installed in that order.

Connect Tilt to pc.
Installed ver 1.101
completed on PC errored out on Tilt (don't worry) click OK or what ever it said to make the msg go away
Installed 1.50
completed on PC and completed on Tilt no errors
Installed 1.60
completed on PC and on Tilt no errors
Soft Reset (just to play it safe)
Map VC to Camera button
All is working.

My issue it my Plantronics Headset can't start a VC session like My t-mobile MDA. Still working on this one but VC is working fine
Rainman76
Rainman76
Feb 20 2008, 3:33 PM EST
"I just installed VC on my tilt today. As I bought ver 1.101 and upgraded to ver 1.50 then1.60 I installed in that order.

Connect Tilt to pc.
Installed ver 1.101
completed on PC errored out on Tilt (don't worry) click OK or what ever it said to make the msg go away
Installed 1.50
completed on PC and completed on Tilt no errors
Installed 1.60
completed on PC and on Tilt no errors
Soft Reset (just to play it safe)
Map VC to Camera button
All is working.

My issue it my Plantronics Headset can't start a VC session like My t-mobile MDA. Still working on this one but VC is working fine"
There is a way to remap the VC to the PTT button on the Tilt. It requires a registry edit to the Tilt. I am on my work computer now, but can post the link to the instructions later to remap. I have done it myself and it works great. As for the BT headset not activating VC, which headset are you using? Also, do you have the password protect enabled in the VC settings? If so, disable it and it should work. I am able to activate VC using my Jawbone and Plantronics Explorer 330. Do you find this valuable?    
Rainman76
Rainman76
Feb 20 2008, 10:27 PM EST
"There is a way to remap the VC to the PTT button on the Tilt. It requires a registry edit to the Tilt. I am on my work computer now, but can post the link to the instructions later to remap. I have done it myself and it works great. As for the BT headset not activating VC, which headset are you using? Also, do you have the password protect enabled in the VC settings? If so, disable it and it should work. I am able to activate VC using my Jawbone and Plantronics Explorer 330."
Here are the instructions to re-map your PTT button. You will need a registry editor program. Then you will need to goto:

1. HKey_Local_Machine\Software\Microsoft\Shell\Keys

2. Add a new key called 40C6

3. Then add a string called Name with the value Button 6

4. Then repeat steps above, but create a new key called 40C7. Add a string to this key and call it Button 6 (Press & Hold). This will let you add another app to the PTT key by holding the key for more than 2 seconds and releasing.

5. Lastly, goto HKey_Local_Machine\Services\ and delete the PTT key.

6. Finally, soft reset and now it should work.

Anonymous
Feb 20 2008, 11:47 PM EST
I guess I should be more specific. I am using a Sprint HTC Mogul 6800 running WM6. I have a licensed copy of VC 1.5. I am fairly confident that if I pay an additional $40 to download VC 1.6, it will work, but I would rather get my already paid for version 1.5 to work. Do you find this valuable?    
Rainman76
Rainman76
Feb 21 2008, 10:10 AM EST
"I guess I should be more specific. I am using a Sprint HTC Mogul 6800 running WM6. I have a licensed copy of VC 1.5. I am fairly confident that if I pay an additional $40 to download VC 1.6, it will work, but I would rather get my already paid for version 1.5 to work. "
I haven't seen anything that has gotten 1.5 to work with WM6. Unfortunately, 1.6 is the way you have to go from what I have seen. Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Feb 22 2008, 10:06 PM EST
Had the same problem and was trying to install Voice Command 1.5. Go to Handango and purchase newest version Voice Command 1.6 which is compatible with Sprint Mogul. You will need to first delete the old version. I use Activesynch -- download software to your PC; connect your phone; then start setup of Voice Cmmand on your PC and it will find your phone. Works good. Guess you know that you can assign a BUTTON on your phone to work the Voice Command. Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Mar 3 2008, 10:51 AM EST
I uninstalled VC 1.5 and when i go to reload the new version or any other version for that matter, it keeps telling me that i need to uninstall Voice Command first. I go to my add and remove programs and its not there so it's uninstalled but the program still tells me during installation that it's on there and it won't install. WTF??? why is the new install telling me to uninstall the old version first when i know for a fact that i've uninstalled it. Is there something stuck in my registry? I wouldn't even begin to know where to look.

Anonymous
Mar 19 2008, 4:34 PM EDT
Using VC 1.6, we have a number of Sprint Mogul 6800's and have tried each of the last three firmware versions, each with 2 to 3 different Bluetooth headsets and have never got it to fully work. The best we we get is push button it beeps, say persons name, it repeats the name back and seems to wait for a yes to confirm but never does and just beeps off. We have a M$ contract and go them to look at the problem. I told them it was not working on WM6 they told me it worked on all X devices and provided a 3 page list, I checked about 15-20 of the newer devices on the list none were WM6 when I pointed this out I got no answer. So I tried again via a different support number and after doing all the dumb steps they asked me to do they just pointed to the phone maker making unsupported changes. Baa!! M$ software on an M$ OS and they blame someone else? humbug, it is the left hand not doing what the right hand is doing.
So IMHO, if it works on device X you are lucky if it does not, look for hacks, otherwise return the software to M$, they make enough money of of software that mostly of works.

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)
Top Contributors