• A Wetpaint Site
close
Welcome! Wikis are websites that everyone can build together. It's easy!

Discussion: HELP! Cannot backup contacts to my PC with Active Sync! HELP!

Keyword tags: Active Sync Cannot Backup Contacts HTC6800 from Alltel Mogul
Watch

Anonymous  (Get credit for your thread)

Radkin3633

Radkin3633
HELP! Cannot backup contacts to my PC with Active Sync! HELP!
Feb 24 2008, 1:08 PM EST
i have the htc 6800 by alltel - it goes into "hybernation mode" where i don't get any of my "rings/signals" so alltel has replaced it with another one - i've been trying to backup my old one with all of my contacts (400+) so i can transfer them over to the new phone Alltel just sent me BUT i'm having problems getting them to show on my PC - i have no clue what i'm doing wrong - this is all new to me so i'm really not up on all this technology - can anyone help me with walk through instructions on how to get my contacts listed on outlook so i can then put them on the new 6800 they've sent me? - any help you are able to offer would be so greatly appreciated

thanks
Do you find this valuable?    
Rainman76
Rainman76
RE: HELP! Cannot backup contacts to my PC with Active Sync! HELP!
Feb 24 2008, 1:26 PM EST
"i have the htc 6800 by alltel - it goes into "hybernation mode" where i don't get any of my "rings/signals" so alltel has replaced it with another one - i've been trying to backup my old one with all of my contacts (400+) so i can transfer them over to the new phone Alltel just sent me BUT i'm having problems getting them to show on my PC - i have no clue what i'm doing wrong - this is all new to me so i'm really not up on all this technology - can anyone help me with walk through instructions on how to get my contacts listed on outlook so i can then put them on the new 6800 they've sent me? - any help you are able to offer would be so greatly appreciated

thanks
"
So you have the full Outlook on your computer? Not Outlook Express? If so, you should be using ActiveSync 4.5 to sync up. Make sure you have ActiveSync set to sync up your contacts. I am on a Vista machine right now, so I can't recall the exact settings in ActiveSync. I can check my other machine with XP and ActiveSync later as I am not home right now. Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Feb 24 2008, 2:35 PM EST
thanks for the quick reply - yes i have the FULL outlook on my PC - i am running on windows XP but my daughter has a laptop with windows vista - should i try doing it on hers and see what happens? - i know i have the ActiveSync 4.5 also loaded on the PC - this is just so confusing to me - i'm not sure what i'm doing wrong - i just wanted to be able to load all of my contacts since i have so many into the new phone they just sent me before i activate that phone

thanks again for your help - anything is very much appreciated!
Rainman76
Rainman76
Feb 24 2008, 7:58 PM EST
"thanks for the quick reply - yes i have the FULL outlook on my PC - i am running on windows XP but my daughter has a laptop with windows vista - should i try doing it on hers and see what happens? - i know i have the ActiveSync 4.5 also loaded on the PC - this is just so confusing to me - i'm not sure what i'm doing wrong - i just wanted to be able to load all of my contacts since i have so many into the new phone they just sent me before i activate that phone

thanks again for your help - anything is very much appreciated!"
Just a few more questions. So have you been able to sync anything else at on all on to your 6800? Have calendar items or tasks synced properly? Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Mar 27 2008, 1:16 PM EDT
I have also had this problem to rainman. I'm on xp with Outlook 2003 with Activesync 4.5. Tasks and calenders sync no problem. The only thing not showing up is the contacts. I've tried checking/unchecking contacts from the options menu but still no go. Any feedback would be great or email me at [email protected]. thanks Do you find this valuable?    
Rainman76
Rainman76
Mar 27 2008, 1:45 PM EDT
"I have also had this problem to rainman. I'm on xp with Outlook 2003 with Activesync 4.5. Tasks and calenders sync no problem. The only thing not showing up is the contacts. I've tried checking/unchecking contacts from the options menu but still no go. Any feedback would be great or email me at [email protected]. thanks"
I would try deleting the partnership in ActiveSync that you have. Just goto File\Delete Mobile Device. Don't worry, it doesn't delete the data already synced, just the partnership settings. Then recreate a new partnership and see if that helps. 1  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Mar 27 2008, 9:59 PM EDT
Still no go. I've looked all over the forums and nothing specific about this issue. I can't even upgrade the rom either. I've noticed that after about 10 minutes it loses the connection with activsync for no reason. I've deleted the partnership, uninstall and reinstall activesync and still same result. Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Apr 2 2008, 9:09 AM EDT
If you can't back it with the synch software go the store you purchased from (with both phones) and have them down load the old and then upload to the new. I know it's a hassle but it beats having to pound those in again. Maybe a Sprint or ATT store could also help since they sell the model. Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Apr 5 2008, 3:26 PM EDT
If you didnt save your contacts in outlook format it wont save (it asks you before you put in a new contact if you want to save it as an outlook contact or a windows live contact). You can save it to your MSN account (if you have one) but you have to go to each contact, go to edit and then add it to your windows live account. Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Thursday, 10:00 AM EDT
Forget the silly activesync and Outlook! Just use the software on this website for backup: http://www.dotfred.net
I tried it and it does its job perfectly.

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)