• A Wetpaint Wiki
close
Welcome! Wikis are websites that everyone can build together. It's easy!

Unlocked HTC Altas AKA wing - GPRS Settings

Keyword tags: atlas wing
Watch
Become a member of the htc community.
Already a member? Sign in

Anonymous  (Get credit for your thread)

Anonymous
Unlocked HTC Altas AKA wing - GPRS Settings
Friday, 9:37 PM EST
I just bought a t mobile wing which I have unlocked and am using on the Rogers network in Canada. I have tried to use the WI FI setting on the phone but I'm either getting a very week signal or I get a message "THERE IS A PROBLEM CONNECTING THE GPRS SERVICE IN YOUR REGISTERED HOME NETWORK" is this a setting on the phone? is this something that Rogers can fix? I just want to be able to use WIFI to connect to the internet and download some game and ring tones. Can some one help me PLEASE? Quote and Reply Post a Reply Do you find this valuable?    
browntannis
browntannis
RE: Unlocked HTC Altas AKA wing - GPRS Settings
Saturday, 10:06 AM EST
"I just bought a t mobile wing which I have unlocked and am using on the Rogers network in Canada. I have tried to use the WI FI setting on the phone but I'm either getting a very week signal or I get a message "THERE IS A PROBLEM CONNECTING THE GPRS SERVICE IN YOUR REGISTERED HOME NETWORK" is this a setting on the phone? is this something that Rogers can fix? I just want to be able to use WIFI to connect to the internet and download some game and ring tones. Can some one help me PLEASE? "
The error message is telling you that the device is trying to connect to GPRS not WiFi, sounds like you need to change your settings.
If you are successfully connecting to a WiFi signal, you likely need to change your Internet Explorer settings to use that Connection. This can usually be done by going to Start>Settings>Connections Tab>Connections>Advanced>Select Networks.
Quote and Reply Post a Reply Do you find this valuable?    
Related Content (what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)
Top Contributors