• A Wetpaint Site
close
Welcome! Wikis are websites that everyone can build together. It's easy!

Discussion: Ringtones

Keyword tags: MDA T-Mobile Windows Mobile 6 wing
Watch

Anonymous  (Get credit for your thread)

jboogie1289

jboogie1289
Ringtones
Feb 11 2008, 2:40 PM EST
At the risk of sounding like a novice, I recently purchased a Wing from T-Mo and I have some music on my memory card and I want to use them as a ringtone. I've browsed the maunal and didn't see anything about using mp3's as ringtones. Can someone help me or guide me in the right direction please. Thanks. Do you find this valuable?    
browntannis
browntannis
RE: Ringtones
Feb 11 2008, 3:30 PM EST
"At the risk of sounding like a novice, I recently purchased a Wing from T-Mo and I have some music on my memory card and I want to use them as a ringtone. I've browsed the maunal and didn't see anything about using mp3's as ringtones. Can someone help me or guide me in the right direction please. Thanks."
Piece of cake, just drop the files into the Sounds or Ringtones folder on your device and you can then use them as a Ringtone. Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Feb 12 2008, 12:09 PM EST
I hate to be a bother but how do I do that? I've already added the songs from my memory card and they show up in media player and the file mgr option. I hit the menu button when I search and find the songs on the memory card and I don't see an option there to move them anywhere....... unless I'm in the wrong application. This is different from any other device I've had. I appreciate your help with this and if it's not asking too much can you put it in step by step mode. i promise I will learn from this. Thanks again. Do you find this valuable?    
browntannis
browntannis
Feb 12 2008, 6:02 PM EST
"I hate to be a bother but how do I do that? I've already added the songs from my memory card and they show up in media player and the file mgr option. I hit the menu button when I search and find the songs on the memory card and I don't see an option there to move them anywhere....... unless I'm in the wrong application. This is different from any other device I've had. I appreciate your help with this and if it's not asking too much can you put it in step by step mode. i promise I will learn from this. Thanks again."
It is sort of like a PC:
To Move a file: Tap and hold the file name, select Copy or Cut from the pop up Menu. navigate to the location where you would like to move the file to, press and hold the screen and select Paste from the pop up Menu.
Alos, sometimes there is the option on the pop up menu that says Set as Ringtone.
1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
jboogie1289

jboogie1289
Feb 12 2008, 7:42 PM EST
Excellent. Thanks for the quick responses and information. It worked like you said with no effort. If I have any other questions, I'll be sure to look you up. Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Feb 19 2008, 10:40 AM EST
u browse the folder ur music is in....click the one u want to set as the ring tone and hold the stylus until the options come up....it will let u set it as ring tone and will copy that file to ur device Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Today, 1:11 AM EDT
can you also set your own ringtone for text messaging? Do you find this valuable?    

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)