• A Wetpaint Wiki
close
Welcome! Wikis are websites that everyone can build together. It's easy!

Alltel sold me a JUNKER

Keyword tags: alarm when charging MMS Mogul picture mail video mail wakeup workaround for alarm fix
Watch
Become a member of the htc community.
Already a member? Sign in

Anonymous  (Get credit for your thread)

2 | next page >

Anonymous
Alltel sold me a JUNKER
Nov 19 2007, 12:33 AM EST
Alltel sold me this phone claiming it was there first smartphone with FINALLY the ability to send and receive picture and video mail! Come to find out NOTHING worked. But a few weeks later the picture mail started working. NO VIDEO mail yet though. They just keep blaming HTC saying to keep checking there website for an update....am I going to see this update sometime soon? Or will I keep throwing money to alltel for services I am not getting? Quote and Reply Post a Reply 10  out of 10 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
RE: Alltel sold me a JUNKER
Nov 25 2007, 3:53 PM EST
I also have a alltel htc6800. I just sent both a picture and video and it worked fine for me. When i first bought it, it had WM5 and i updated to WM6, don't know if that makes any difference. Quote and Reply Post a Reply 0  out of 3 found this valuable. Do you?    
Waliah

Waliah
Nov 25 2007, 4:36 PM EST
I have a HTC Mogul (PPC-6800) by Alltel. I have a few questions:

1. how do I push the email to my phone?

2. How do I set up the notiification tones for when I have a new voicemail or text message?

3. How do I turn the speakersphone on and off?
Quote and Reply Post a Reply Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Nov 25 2007, 5:14 PM EST
"I have a HTC Mogul (PPC-6800) by Alltel. I have a few questions:

1. how do I push the email to my phone?

2. How do I set up the notiification tones for when I have a new voicemail or text message?

3. How do I turn the speakersphone on and off?"
1. i have wm6 and use windows live, if you have a different email account like yahoo im not sure how to do it. but if you have an hotmail account, this is how.

first you need to set up your 6800 if you haven't already to windows live. Tap on Programs then Windows Live. Set up a new account and Accept the term of use. Enter your email account and password, Tap next and select if you want the options on your today screen. Tap next and select which options you want to sync with your 6800. Tap next and it will connect to the internet using wifi if you have it on already or use your alltel line. After it is done sync it will show you emails.

To check for new email, Tap the little green arrows left or right till you get to the Sync screen. Just tap the blue arrows and it will check for new mail.

2. To set up notification tones tap Settings, make sure you are on the Personal tab on the bottom left corner. Then tap Sounds & Notifications. Tap the Notifications tab on the bottom left corner. then you can select the different events and what options you want for that event.

3. To turn the speaker phone on you need to be in a call and then just tap the "speaker phone on" tab
Quote and Reply Post a Reply 3  out of 3 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Nov 27 2007, 10:51 PM EST
"I also have a alltel htc6800. I just sent both a picture and video and it worked fine for me. When i first bought it, it had WM5 and i updated to WM6, don't know if that makes any difference."
I am shocked that you can send and receive video mail I called them again and they said its still not available for alltel. can anyone else confirm that it works for them? Quote and Reply Post a Reply Do you find this valuable?    
Waliah

Waliah
I need help
Nov 28 2007, 6:28 PM EST
someone posted VERY quickly to my last set of questions, and for that I sincerly thank you. They were most helpful!! As i continue to learn my phone, I have a few more issues.

1. I am experiencing that my phone locks up at any given time...is there a way to preven that from happening?

2. In the even that I would ever have to do a hard reboot, is there a way that I can save all that contact information I have in my address book to another source?

3. In the event that I miss a call, text, etc. is there a way to have a reminder (ie. a beep/ding every two minutes) that informs me of such. I thought I had set this up under the notifications, but it is not working. Unless of course I have done something wrong.

4. Is there an easy way to toggle from silent/vibrate to ring option. I thought I could do that from the Today screen, but it doesn't work. I put it back to ON but it still vibrates which I think i changed under my notifications option.

Thank you in advance!!!

Anonymous
Nov 28 2007, 10:21 PM EST
I am an Alltel rep and I can confirm that THIS STATEMENT is WRONG! The Alltel HTC 6800 DOES NOT HAVE VIDEO MAIL YET! Only picture mail! Quote and Reply Post a Reply 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
Rainman76
Rainman76
Nov 28 2007, 10:27 PM EST
"1. i have wm6 and use windows live, if you have a different email account like yahoo im not sure how to do it. but if you have an hotmail account, this is how.

first you need to set up your 6800 if you haven't already to windows live. Tap on Programs then Windows Live. Set up a new account and Accept the term of use. Enter your email account and password, Tap next and select if you want the options on your today screen. Tap next and select which options you want to sync with your 6800. Tap next and it will connect to the internet using wifi if you have it on already or use your alltel line. After it is done sync it will show you emails.

To check for new email, Tap the little green arrows left or right till you get to the Sync screen. Just tap the blue arrows and it will check for new mail.
"
If you want true Push email you need to take it a step further.

1. Open the Windows Live application
2. Goto Menu\Options
3. Tap on Sync Schedule
4. Change the frequency to "As Items Arrive".

This way, the minute emails hit the Windows Live servers, they automatically get "pushed" to your device. This way you don't have to force a sync to the mail servers to get your mail. The advantages to this are:

1. You automatically get emails instead of waiting for the device to sync every 15 minutes, 30 minutes, etc.
2. It actually saves on battery life because the phone is not actively searching the mail servers and syncing every piece of mail you have.
Rainman76
Rainman76
RE: I need help
Nov 28 2007, 10:36 PM EST
"someone posted VERY quickly to my last set of questions, and for that I sincerly thank you. They were most helpful!! As i continue to learn my phone, I have a few more issues.

1. I am experiencing that my phone locks up at any given time...is there a way to preven that from happening?

2. In the even that I would ever have to do a hard reboot, is there a way that I can save all that contact information I have in my address book to another source?

3. In the event that I miss a call, text, etc. is there a way to have a reminder (ie. a beep/ding every two minutes) that informs me of such. I thought I had set this up under the notifications, but it is not working. Unless of course I have done something wrong.

4. Is there an easy way to toggle from silent/vibrate to ring option. I thought I could do that from the Today screen, but it doesn't work. I put it back to ON but it still vibrates which I think i changed under my notifications option.

Thank you in advance!!!"
1. This lockup seems to be a problem with the Alltel 6800 and Sprint Mogul. HTC is working on a new ROM for the Sprint version. Hopefully they will do the same for the Alltel branded device.

2. If you have to hard reset your device, you should be sync your device first through ActiveSync and Microsoft Outlook. All your contacts, calendar items and tasks sync with Outlook. Or you can purchase a backup utility like Sprite, which I recommend you do. And if not Sprite, something similar.

3. For missed calls, you need to goto Start\Settings\Sounds & Notifications\Notifications Tab. Here tap on the dropdown box and look for Phone: Missed Call. Here you will have the option to have a sound notification, a visual notifcation through an onscreen message, flash the LED light for a time period and vibrate. The other option is to get a third part application like Spb Phone Suite, which has a more robust phone notification tool. It can be found at www.spbsoftwarehouse.com.

4. You should be able to toggle silent/vibrate to ring from the Today screen. At the top of the Start bar, you should see a speaker icon. Tap on it and you can set your phone to On, Vibrate, or Off (which is silent).

Hope this helps.
Quote and Reply Post a Reply 2  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Nov 29 2007, 12:30 AM EST
"I also have a alltel htc6800. I just sent both a picture and video and it worked fine for me. When i first bought it, it had WM5 and i updated to WM6, don't know if that makes any difference."
I should of been more specific, i only said "sent" not receive, i am sorry. I was able to send and receive pics on my 6800. I was able to SEND videos but the person who receives it has to go to www.axcessmypics.com in order to view the video. And if i someone sends me a video i have to go to the same web site to view the video. Quote and Reply Post a Reply Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Dec 4 2007, 1:34 AM EST
"I should of been more specific, i only said "sent" not receive, i am sorry. I was able to send and receive pics on my 6800. I was able to SEND videos but the person who receives it has to go to www.axcessmypics.com in order to view the video. And if i someone sends me a video i have to go to the same web site to view the video. "
Thats what I have to do. I called alltel yesterday and the lady said to look forward to an update very soon and to expect it all to work.....lol....we will just have to wait and see I guess! Quote and Reply Post a Reply Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Dec 8 2007, 7:48 PM EST
I'm having the same problem, and was told the samething. Quote and Reply Post a Reply Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Dec 8 2007, 7:50 PM EST
I have WM6 too. The video and picture will NOT work if saved under certain formats. This is a known issue by Alltel and HTC. Quote and Reply Post a Reply Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Dec 14 2007, 5:27 PM EST
I tried to do the as items arrive function but it continues to go back to manual, what do I do? Quote and Reply Post a Reply Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Dec 14 2007, 5:30 PM EST
I tried this "as items arrive" function and it goes back to manual, what do I do now? Quote and Reply Post a Reply Do you find this valuable?    
Rainman76
Rainman76
Dec 15 2007, 10:56 AM EST
Hmmm, I'll have to look at that. I have not seen it go to back to manual syncing. I'll try to spend some time with a the Mogul and let you know what I can figure out. Quote and Reply Post a Reply Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Dec 20 2007, 12:47 AM EST
alltel agents tell different storys.. they dont know crap.. i have a ppc 6700 and i can send pictures and videos.. Quote and Reply Post a Reply 0  out of 3 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Glitchy
Dec 31 2007, 3:08 AM EST
The HTC Mogul has been anything but spectacular for me. It's a pricey phone, thus you expect bank for your buck, but don't be decieved. I leave my phone locked, but it constantly manages to open applications despite this. It freezes often. It has memory leaks. It doesn't work well with many of the programs/addons I've tried, it gets lousy signal, etc...etc....I can't recall how many phone calls it has answered for me in my pocket, but it drives me nutty.

...But I still like it unfortunately. A hate/love relationship ;[
Quote and Reply Post a Reply 2  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    
AngieR1

AngieR1
RE: Glitchy
Jan 5 2008, 7:24 AM EST
Like you; I have a love/hate relationship with my HTC6800. misses calls whilel using other programs; freezes up (think blue tooth is cause) so I can't use blue tooth now. Wish with all this technology they could make it work like it should for the money it costs. Quote and Reply Post a Reply Do you find this valuable?    
Jimlj

Jimlj
RE: Glitchy
Jan 11 2008, 1:47 AM EST
Well I have to say that I got a 6800 the second day that Alltel had it out. I am now on my fifth phone with no video messaging no constant working Bluetooth , I have been through 23 bluetooth head sets of different makes and brands. Have even bought two from AT&T and had to return them as well. The alarm will not work while it is charging (and we all know that is what we do at night), I having to reboot it 4 or 5 time a day, and a host of other problems as well. Like others have been told that HTC was at blame and Alltel was waiting for an up date that has not come in five months. I would just like to have a pda phone that functioned as I was told it did when I bought it. I have been told by Alltel that this p.o.s (as my wife calls it) is the only PDA phone that Alltel caries that is capable of video messaging. I feel like I was ripped off and lied to. So to all of you out there I would segest that you don’t recommend this phone to anyone as of yet. Quote and Reply Post a Reply 2  out of 3 found this valuable. Do you?    
2 | next page >
Related Content (what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)
Navigation
Top Contributors