• A Wetpaint Site
Already a member?
Sign in
close
Welcome! Wikis are websites that everyone can build together. It's easy!

Discussion: HTC Mogul won't turn on - deep sleep?

Keyword tags: hybernate Mogul on button Power Sleep Sprint
Watch

Anonymous  (Get credit for your thread)

2 | Next
boyaztig

boyaztig
HTC Mogul won't turn on - deep sleep?
Jan 7 2008, 4:21 PM EST
This happens several times (2 times today). I believe it's on hybernate mode. I can't power on. No buttons are working. I had to reset, or remove the battery. What's wrong? Please help. 5  out of 6 found this valuable. Do you?    
gadget1

gadget1
RE: HTC Mogul won't turn on - deep sleep?
Jan 7 2008, 4:34 PM EST
Same problem here. Also turns bluetooth off several times a day. It's really on my last nerve since I use this as my business line. 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
mikearl

mikearl
Jan 9 2008, 5:00 PM EST
I have had the same problem since I installed a Bluetooth headset. In addition it gets very warm and runs the battery down real quick. I do not think that it is merely hibernating. It is more like nightmares as I am certain it is running lots of conflicting apps if it is heating up so much and running down the battery. Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Jan 9 2008, 5:37 PM EST
Same here. Took my phone back and they stated they hadn't heard of this problem. Gave me a new one. Does the same thing. I use it for hands free in my vehicle. My hands free in the vehicle states that it is connected to my touch with a good signal, however, if I try to call, it says, check mobile device. When I check it of course, it's asleep. Need to pull the battery to reset it. Pain in the butt. Needs a glitch update. Do you find this valuable?    
gadget1

gadget1
Jan 9 2008, 6:54 PM EST
the rep at alltel said she has the same problems with hers-exactly who do you need to kick in the ass at HTC to get some answers and a solution? This is getting downright ridiculous. Do you find this valuable?    
boyaztig

boyaztig
Jan 10 2008, 11:27 AM EST
Ok. After long wait yesterday, they finaly replaced the defective Mogul in one of the Service Center (i bought this on-line). Now, i go to the internet to test if it's still working, and that's it.. it hangs... I had to reset.. This is the second device i got... What's wrong with this Mogul??? Do you find this valuable?    
ops1kcj

ops1kcj
Jan 11 2008, 2:58 AM EST
I have had this problem when the phone is in a low signal area. The device seems to hang but often is just running very very slow. I loaded the latest code 2.17 and most of these problems went away. Not perfect... but much better. Do you find this valuable?    
gadget1

gadget1
Jan 11 2008, 3:36 PM EST
where did you find the code to download? 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
jasonafoster1

jasonafoster1
Jan 12 2008, 2:08 PM EST
HUH....I was thinking about getting a bluetooth wireless headset but after reading these problems I am second guessing. So you all are saying that your bluetooth is on and your wireless setting is turned on and it drains the battery quick and overheats then shuts down the Mogul to where you need to reset it? Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Jan 12 2008, 2:22 PM EST
People plese understand that every cell phone with bluetooth capability will run the battery down. So go to 101 schooling and stop blameing the Mogul. I have had not much crash at all with unit. The reason why it will crash is because you have to close all your open applications you have used. Since I been doing that my Mogul runs sweet.... Maybe this will wake you all up and see how powerful this Mogul device Smartphone is. Again please stop crying like little babies has all Mobile phones with Bluetooth will have same affect. I use this phone for Business and personal use. Since upgrading to 2.17 it been working great. Again be proud you have a great smartphone on the market. The part getting this smartphone was when I went to Apple store and showed the saleperson if the Iphone have GPS or Live video streaming he said NO! now I know which phone is smarter... :-)

Goto: http://youtube.com/watch?v=PDXXYuJSWM4
1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
vipertech1

vipertech1
Jan 13 2008, 9:44 AM EST
Hey, do remember that on Task Manager you can set up the "X" in the upper right corner to close & stop running programs in the background as well ppl........ 8D Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Jan 14 2008, 12:32 AM EST
"where did you find the code to download?"
The latest code can be found here: http://www.america.htc.com/support/mogul/software-downloads.html Do you find this valuable?    
gadget1

gadget1
Jan 16 2008, 11:18 AM EST
I need a fix for a 6800 Alltel, not Sprint 0  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Jan 21 2008, 3:28 PM EST
"Hey, do remember that on Task Manager you can set up the "X" in the upper right corner to close & stop running programs in the background as well ppl........ 8D"
How do you set this up? A friend of mine had to buy a third party app to do this. Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Jan 21 2008, 7:42 PM EST
Tap the Start>settings>task manager and your there.
Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Jan 22 2008, 12:20 AM EST
even with all the programs in the background closed, it still goes into a "deep sleep mode"... or whatever it is doing! Buttons don't respond to touch and were slow to respond prior to this happening. I had my phone replaced today because of mutliple problems. 3 hours later and i've already had 2 problems. this phone is not living up to my standards --- for the price, it should not be doing this. The love hate relationship with this phone is very much a hate relationship right now. 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
ops1kcj

ops1kcj
Jan 22 2008, 1:52 AM EST
Did you apply the latest version of the code? See the post up above... The "deep sleep" maybe just VERY SLOW. When I was very patient I was able to hit the wake up button and sit tight. Eventually it did come back... still a problem... just information. Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Jan 22 2008, 5:10 PM EST
"Tap the Start>settings>task manager and your there.
"
What you talkin bout? There is no task manager submenu on my Sprint Mogul... Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Jan 22 2008, 5:19 PM EST
"Did you apply the latest version of the code? See the post up above... The "deep sleep" maybe just VERY SLOW. When I was very patient I was able to hit the wake up button and sit tight. Eventually it did come back... still a problem... just information."
I have the same problem. It looks like a system freeze to me. Recovery requires a soft reboot. Should I try to reinstall the firmware and hope that this is not a hardware issue?

This behavior is provoked by running OperaMini under the stock java implementation... when I attempt to visit certain URL's... I think the stock java Midlet Manager is buggy.

Yes, this is the latest ROM as of yesterday v2.17.651.0. I am tempted to revert
Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Jan 22 2008, 7:13 PM EST
"What you talkin bout? There is no task manager submenu on my Sprint Mogul..."
There's actually a program you can download called "X-Button" that will do the trick. Try it here http://www.freewareppc.com/utilities/htcxbutton.shtml 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
2 | Next

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)