• A Wetpaint Site
Already a member?
Sign in
close
Welcome! Wikis are websites that everyone can build together. It's easy!

Discussion: MS Voice Command via Bluetooth issue

Keyword tags: Bluetooth car adapter Mogul play music Voice Command
Watch

Anonymous  (Get credit for your thread)

Anonymous
MS Voice Command via Bluetooth issue
Jan 23 2008, 3:30 PM EST
MS Voice Command works very well through Bluetooth headset unless I have the Mogul plugged into the auxillary of my car stereo. If I unplug it from the stereo and then say a command via the Bluetooth headset it works fine. So, I want to change the music via the headset, but must unplug the cable first, say the command, than plug the phone in again. Kind of defeats the purpose of the voice command. Anyone have this same problem? Anyone know of a fix?

Thanks,
Don
1  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    
gronnie
gronnie
RE: MS Voice Command via Bluetooth issue
Jan 23 2008, 4:38 PM EST
Don,
I'm pretty sure that the headset port also carries the microphone connection (for a wired hands-free connection) which most likely overrides any other audio input. That's my guess as to why.
Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Jan 23 2008, 5:52 PM EST
gronnie,

Argh...I had not thought of that...I wonder if there is a way to "override the override"? This phone would be near perfect for me if only that part worked.

Don
0  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
gronnie
gronnie
Jan 23 2008, 7:19 PM EST
Without getting out a soldering iron and messing up the device, I doubt it... maybe someone else knows? Do you find this valuable?    
johnwlee

johnwlee
Jan 23 2008, 7:40 PM EST
Since you mention it, do you know where you can purchase a wired hands free headset, since the bluetoth on the mogul is realy crappy? Do you find this valuable?    
gronnie
gronnie
Jan 23 2008, 7:56 PM EST
Just did a quick google search which came up with a ton of places. You can probably also find them locally at Sprint stores.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=sprint+mogul+wired+headset&btnG=Search
Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Jan 25 2008, 3:28 PM EST
You know, it is hard to beleive that there is not a way to shut off the override to the wired microphone. Anyone know someone who knows about the software? 0  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Jan 25 2008, 3:29 PM EST
By the way, I am using the Jawbone bluetooth with the Mogul and it works great. Best Bluetooth headset I have ever used. Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Feb 2 2008, 10:21 PM EST
Do the voice commands to the phone execute through your Bluetooth headset? I can't get mine to run. All else seems to work okay. Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Feb 8 2008, 9:19 PM EST
There is a fix for this via the Registry - just do a google search for Voice Command Registry and you can't miss it. It appears the default voice command dll doesn't get set during some installs. I didn't have a problem once I reset the device after installation, but this wasn't mentioned during the install, my dll was correct. Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Feb 11 2008, 5:22 PM EST
I can get voice command working on my bluetooth headset, but voice confirmation does not work. Has anybody found a fix for this? Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Feb 22 2008, 3:01 PM EST
Sorry, I have not been around lately. To answer your question, yes. The voice commands work very well through the Jawbone bluetooth headset. I ask it for my appointments while I am driving to work and make calls, etc. It is just the stereo play back from Windows Media Player through the car stereo that is an issue. Although, the Sony MBR-100 Bluetooth Music Receiver seems to be working 90% of the time. It cuts out occaisionally, however, I at least can use voice command to tel the phone to "play Robert Plant" and it actually does what I tell it.....finally. Do you find this valuable?    

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)
Top Contributors