• A Wetpaint Site
Already a member?
Sign in
close
Welcome! Wikis are websites that everyone can build together. It's easy!

Discussion: Hotmail on Tilt

Keyword tags: 8925 AT&T 8925 AT&T Tilt hotmail HTC TyTN II kaiser tilt
Watch

Anonymous  (Get credit for your thread)

Anonymous
Hotmail on Tilt
Dec 26 2007, 1:02 PM EST
I had the 8125 to which I could keep my hotmail in sync.

While on my Tilt, I am accessing hotmail via POP3 (and not the browser iterface), I'm getting messages, but it won't sync with hotmail. In other words, I used to get all my folders and the option to sync them, I no longer do. I used to, if a message were read on my computer, it would come down the my 8125 as already read. Not the Tilt. If I delete messages on the 8125, those deletes would sync back to the hotmail account, but the Tilt isn't working that way. It all used to be a whole lot more seamless and synchronized. Any advice? Thanks!
Do you find this valuable?    
Rainman76
Rainman76
RE: Hotmail on Tilt
Dec 26 2007, 1:43 PM EST
"I had the 8125 to which I could keep my hotmail in sync.

While on my Tilt, I am accessing hotmail via POP3 (and not the browser iterface), I'm getting messages, but it won't sync with hotmail. In other words, I used to get all my folders and the option to sync them, I no longer do. I used to, if a message were read on my computer, it would come down the my 8125 as already read. Not the Tilt. If I delete messages on the 8125, those deletes would sync back to the hotmail account, but the Tilt isn't working that way. It all used to be a whole lot more seamless and synchronized. Any advice? Thanks!"
The Tilt had Windows Live Services removed. If you want to get it back and have Hotmail sync properly, you need to install it. Here is a link to the .CAB file:

http://www.cinetsystems.com/xda/Kaiser%20Cab%20Collections/Windows%20Live%2010.6.33.0600%20%28Fixed%29%20%28duttythroy%29.cab

Once you install this, goto Start\Programs\Windows Live. From here, you can start the setup process of properly syncing Hotmail. Oh, also, Hotmail will become a Push Email account for free and you get Windows Live Messenger back, not the crippled OZ IM client that uses your text messages to work. Also, OZ does not work on wi-fi.

Let me know if you have any problems.
1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
slimzims

slimzims
Dec 26 2007, 6:49 PM EST
Can someone help point me in the right direction?? - I promise to not be a pest if someone could lend me a hand. I'm ashamed to say I know very little about downloading, unzipping, and installing files.

Admitted Neophyte, first pocket PC purchase was last Friday (Tilt). Have never downloaded software for mobile device so I'm trying some of the applications suggested here but I am having some problems either finding them or unzipping them. I'm connected via BT to Activesync but I don't know where I should download the files to on my laptop to transfer to Tilt.

When I do download and then open, I get a prompt for an unzipping trial but I can't seem to extract the correct files or open them with the wizard-I'm an idiot!

Also, I tried to find some of the other programs discussed here (youtube player/keyboard apps) but I keep getting directed to an "xda-developers" website that says I dont have sufficient access to the link. So I've been trying to find a link in some of the threads but it's like searching for a needle.......

I've been able to download some files like Opera and XTC 6 tab home page but I think it was just dumb luck. Can anyone help me?
Rainman76
Rainman76
Dec 26 2007, 7:29 PM EST
"Can someone help point me in the right direction?? - I promise to not be a pest if someone could lend me a hand. I'm ashamed to say I know very little about downloading, unzipping, and installing files.

Admitted Neophyte, first pocket PC purchase was last Friday (Tilt). Have never downloaded software for mobile device so I'm trying some of the applications suggested here but I am having some problems either finding them or unzipping them. I'm connected via BT to Activesync but I don't know where I should download the files to on my laptop to transfer to Tilt.

When I do download and then open, I get a prompt for an unzipping trial but I can't seem to extract the correct files or open them with the wizard-I'm an idiot!

Also, I tried to find some of the other programs discussed here (youtube player/keyboard apps) but I keep getting directed to an "xda-developers" website that says I dont have sufficient access to the link. So I've been trying to find a link in some of the threads but it's like searching for a needle.......

I've been able to download some files like Opera and XTC 6 tab home page but I think it was just dumb luck. Can anyone help me?"
There are a couple of things to keep in mind when downloading files for use on your Tilt:

1. Anything with a .CAB extension needs to be opened from your device. I would recommend keeping a copy on your desktop/laptop, and then copy it over to your Tilt. From the Tilt, open the file from File Explorer and the applications will self-install.

2. 99% of the time, .EXE need to be opened from your desktop/laptop. Also, your device needs to be synced first with ActiveSync (Windows XP Computers) or Windows Mobile Device Center (Vista Computers).

3. As for the XDA-Developers website, you need to create a user ID and Login so you can access the threads with the files.

Let me know if you run into any additional problems.
slimzims

slimzims
Dec 27 2007, 10:17 AM EST
THANK YOU! I have been able to install the .CAB extensions. I also created a user ID and Login for XDA but I was wondering if I download and try to install an .EXE I get a prompt for an unzipping program, do I need to extract all of the files?

I was told by HTC CS that in order to watch Youtube I would need Adobe Flashlite but I can't seem to install it properly. Is there a workaround? Thanks again for taking the time to reply, you have been extremely helpful.
Rainman76
Rainman76
Dec 27 2007, 1:55 PM EST
"THANK YOU! I have been able to install the .CAB extensions. I also created a user ID and Login for XDA but I was wondering if I download and try to install an .EXE I get a prompt for an unzipping program, do I need to extract all of the files?

I was told by HTC CS that in order to watch Youtube I would need Adobe Flashlite but I can't seem to install it properly. Is there a workaround? Thanks again for taking the time to reply, you have been extremely helpful."
If it asks you to extract the files, then yes, I would extract them all. As for YouTube, there is a person who has created a cool fix. Goto www.ytpocket.com. On there, he has instructions to install a different medial player and another file to enable YouTube video viewing. The only difference is you have to goto www.ytpocket.com to pick the videos. He had to create this site in order for it to work. You will have full access to all YouTube videos through his site. Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Dec 30 2007, 3:51 AM EST
just use Xpress Mail and sync automatically with Hotmail 1  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Feb 12 2008, 3:05 PM EST
can someone help me, i want to download the .cab file but it asks for username and password, what gives? Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Feb 13 2008, 2:15 PM EST
windows live cabs can also be found at duttythroy Do you find this valuable?    

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)
Top Contributors