• A Wetpaint Wiki
close
Welcome! Wikis are websites that everyone can build together. It's easy!

Plantronics Headset M214i does not work with 8125.

Keyword tags: Headset
Watch
Become a member of the HTC community.
Already a member? Sign in

Anonymous  (Get credit for your thread)

Anonymous
Plantronics Headset M214i does not work with 8125.
Dec 20 2007, 4:38 PM EST
I have a Plantronics Headset M214i which works with any 2.5 mm adapter. This works well with my cordless phone but does not work with 8125. Basically I can hear the caller's voice but the caller can't hear my voice (its a one way communication) ? Is the 8125 phone adapter not compatible with all 2.5 mm headsets ?
I am so used to this headset. Is there any workaround to use it with the 8125.
Quote and Reply Post a Reply Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
RE: Plantronics Headset M214i does not work with 8125.
Jan 29 2008, 12:30 PM EST
I think this is because the standard 2.5mm communications jacks have an extra contact for the mic connection, if you compare the pin on the 2.5mm adapter to the original jack on the headset that came with your HTC you'll find that the adapter has one less ring. If this is the case and you still want to use your Plantronics headset you'd probably have to get handy with a soldering iron!
___
http://www.computer-headset.co.uk
Quote and Reply Post a Reply Do you find this valuable?    
Related Content (what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)
Top Contributors