• A Wetpaint Site
Already a member?
Sign in
close
Welcome! Wikis are websites that everyone can build together. It's easy!

Discussion: What is a good Blue Tooth headset to get with the Mogul

Keyword tags: bluetooth headset Mogul Sprint
Watch

Anonymous  (Get credit for your thread)

Anonymous
What is a good Blue Tooth headset to get with the Mogul
Jan 5 2008, 12:19 PM EST
Can anyone recommend a good bluetooth headset that works well with the Mogul? 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
RE: What is a good Blue Tooth headset to get with the Mogul
Jan 5 2008, 5:26 PM EST
I just got the Motorola H700 and its great. I was looking for a nice headset for my mogul and the set up time was just a few minutes. 0  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    
Scotty1969Mogul

Scotty1969Mogul
Jan 6 2008, 11:19 AM EST
I use a "Jawbone" headset. www.jawbone.com
It has extremely good noise cancelling. I can drive down the road at 55 with the windows down and the stareo turned up, and the person I am talking too hears nothing but my voice.
The only issue I have is if I try to play music on this headset. It disconnects after several seconds. For phone calls I can talk for hours, no issues.
1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Jan 8 2008, 4:35 PM EST
Could you tell me step by step how did you set it up? i have the same Motorla H700 and it does not recognize it.
Thank you.
0  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Jan 12 2008, 6:17 PM EST
After updating to the latest ROM, my Mogul now works very well with the Plantronics 500 series hs. It has reasonably good noise cancelling and at a very attractive price point. I no longer have to swivel the A/C vent on the dash awy from me or roll-up the window while driving to carry on a conversation.

Note that unless you have the latest ROM update, NO BT h/s will work reliably wrt audio. Prior to learning about the Nov 07 ROM, I tried 8 different headsets including the Jawbone and was ready to #$%^ someone at Sprint for selling me the Mogul...
2  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    
vpm08msn

vpm08msn
Jan 14 2008, 12:10 PM EST
had the same problem with the Motorolla. Sprint now makes one with a jack that fits into the Mogul adapter (2.5mm?). What I like is that the earphones swivel 360 degrees for a good fit. Comes with extra earhooks and ear inserts too. 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
vpm08msn

vpm08msn
Jan 14 2008, 12:11 PM EST
Apologies for my last reply, the Sprint I spoke of is wired. 0  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
mja6162

mja6162
Jan 15 2008, 3:16 PM EST
I bought the Motorola HT820 stereo headphones off eBay (new) and they work great!! I never carry my iPod anymore. The Mogul's music player is a breeze, and I picked up a 2 GB memory stick to hold some of my music. They pair up with the Mogul in a snap and provide fantastic stereo sound. They also provide great voice connectivity - people tell me they can't believe I'm on a bluetooth device. I formerly tried 2 Nokia bluetooth devices with 3 diff. Nokia smartphones, and results were crap. Only complaint is this headset is a bit clunky, but keeps my ears very warm waiting for my train! 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
tandemrx

tandemrx
Jan 15 2008, 6:28 PM EST
So are you people getting music to play through your blue tooth headset? Just bought a mogul and it seems like I can only get phone through the bluetooth headset I bought (X3 micro - maybe not a great headset, but figure if one bluetooth headset will play music/other audio they all should?). Do I need to do that ROM upgrade to do this as possibly mentioned above? Will audible player also play through the bluetooth headset as well then (that is the feature I am really looking for).

I don't see any settings on the mogul that are "speakerphone" or "handsfree" to send the audio to a bluetooth device.

thanks in advance.

Anonymous
Jan 16 2008, 9:48 AM EST
Yes, music plays beautifully, in stereo, through my Moto HT820 stereo headset. No need to do "speakerphone" or "handsfree" to send audio to the headset; just click on the lower button on the right side "Communication Manager", then click on the Bluetooth icon - the software does the rest, and will tell you when it's paired with your headset and what you need to do. The software also works VERY well (again, light years better than my old Nokia) in switching to handfree phone capability when a call comes in. And when the call ends, it magically switches back to the music you were listening to. The KEY is you MUST TURN ON YOUR HEADSET before you activate bluetooth on the Mogul. The Mogul is really inflexible about this, and won't do a darn thing in terms of pairing if you click on the bluetooth function on the Mogul before you power up your headset.
(Other phones are less picky about this.)
Hope that helps!
tandemrx

tandemrx
Jan 16 2008, 10:24 AM EST
That is odd, because with my current bluetooth headset (that x3micro thing), it will not play music/audio other than phone. Did you do the ROM upgrade or is this a headset issue.

Also, the x3micro seems to pair well with the mogul if the bluetooth is already on and then I power up the headset. I just have to do one click of the "enter" button on the x3micro and it pairs quickly and consistantly (have so far always been leaving the bluetooth on in the mogul settings and just connect the headset when I need it .. . for phone only though :-(

Anyone else have thoughts on this ? headset issue or ROM issue?

Anonymous
Jan 17 2008, 1:32 PM EST
I have two different BT headsets that I use with the Mogul. I have the Motorola H700 and the Motorola S9 stereo headset. Both work great! I bought my Mogul last July and have not had any problems with either BT. 2  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Jan 17 2008, 5:31 PM EST
most recent anonymous . . . do your 2 BT headsets play music from windows media player or audio from audible player through your bluetooth headset??

Do you know what version ROM you are using (if that makes any difference, I don't know)?
thanks

Anonymous
Jan 18 2008, 1:11 PM EST
I am using the most current version of the ROM 2.09.651.3 ROM Date 11/18/07. The H700 is not stereo and does not play music, it is just for the phone. The S9 is Stereo and all music works, media player and the Sprint Music Store playere as well. Game sounds and other system sound work as well with this headset. 1  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Jan 18 2008, 1:41 PM EST
"I am using the most current version of the ROM 2.09.651.3 ROM Date 11/18/07. The H700 is not stereo and does not play music, it is just for the phone. The S9 is Stereo and all music works, media player and the Sprint Music Store playere as well. Game sounds and other system sound work as well with this headset."
I guess I was wrong. I don't have the latest ROM version on my phone. I just looked at the site and noticed that they have one newer version 2.17.651.0 Dated 11/19/07. I have not installed this ROM version yet. Not sure what the difference is. 2  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    
tonyspielman

tonyspielman
Mar 5 2008, 9:23 PM EST
I am using a Jawbone on my Sprint Mogul (PPC6800) it is by far the best bluetooth headset I have ever had and trust me I have about 10 sitting in my desk drawer every thing from Motorola to Nokia to Sony. I was driviving with the top down on my car and my wife thought I was on a land line. 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
Budb

Budb
Mar 6 2008, 11:48 PM EST
My Jawbone works great, when it stays connected. MOGUL BLUETOOTH SUCKS!
I have updated firmware, no improvement.
Budb

Budb
Mar 6 2008, 11:50 PM EST
Does your Jawbone stay connected to the Mogul's bluetooth? I've updated my ROM or firmware, and the performance has not improved. 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)
Top Contributors