• A Wetpaint Site
Welcome! This is a website that everyone can build together. It's easy!

Discussion: Sprint Touch lock up

Watch

Anonymous  (Get credit for your thread)

2 3 4 5  | Next > Last

Anonymous
Sprint Touch lock up
Nov 26 2007, 7:42 PM EST
I'm on my second phone in 3 weeks. Both phones locked up from sleep mode. Try to turn and on and nothing. Have to do a soft reset. When it's lock up you don't know it and you miss calls. Very frustrating when trying to run a business. Going to give it one more try with a new phone. Wish HTC or Sprint could give some light on this issue. 26  out of 27 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
RE: Sprint Touch lock up
Nov 27 2007, 8:27 PM EST
Im on my second htc touch right now and after a phone call, beforwe i put the phone back in my pocket i make sure every program is closed this HTC touch is pretty goddamn buggy. ... 2  out of 3 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Nov 27 2007, 9:38 PM EST
I'm also on my second phone. I just received this one two days ago and I have already started to miss calls again. Mine locks up in sleep mode also. I miss calls constantly and this is really frustrating. I am trying to give them time to work out the kinks of a new phone but I would like the phone to do the main thing I need it to do....RING!!!!!!! 1  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Nov 27 2007, 10:59 PM EST
I purchased my phone 3 weeks ago and I am having the same problem. Everything is great about the hone except for the fact it locks up in sleep mode. I miss all of my calls unless it is charging. It also sometimes freezes the time. I always have to reset the screen to sync with the stylus. I having reading tons of user reviews and nobody seems to comment on this. I went to Sprint to find out if there are alot of complaints, but they said no. Is anybody else but us experiencing this problem? I really do not want to get another smartphone. 1  out of 3 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Nov 27 2007, 11:29 PM EST
Have any of you experiencing this issue installed any 3rd party software? 0  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Nov 28 2007, 9:08 AM EST
I have the same problem. It also locked when I needed to call 911 0  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
HTCTouchUser

HTCTouchUser
Nov 28 2007, 2:22 PM EST
This is a problem with my HTC Touch too. It appeared to happen more often when I have the encryption and the lock code enabled. When I called SprintPCS support, they claimed that no one else is having the problem. I am willing to bet:
a) That this lockup problem is universal
b) SprintPCS support is incapable of providing a fix
c) As phone gets in more hands, more people will have this problem

I can’t trust this phone nor can I receive email on the HTC until this problem is fixed. My Exchange account requires encryption and the device lock to be enabled.
1  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    
cruise350
cruise350
Nov 29 2007, 12:03 AM EST
I too am having this problem with a touch that is about 2 weeks old. The pda part doesn't always completely lock up, but the phone portion does. Can't make calls or get a data connection unless I soft reset. I find this happening more frequently lately. Today I reset 4 times. I was thinking about doing a hard reset, but I don't want to go through the hassle yet. Has anyone that has exchanged their phone had a fix to it or does the new phone start locking up right away. Also, do you have to go through Sprint support on the phone to get a relplacement or can I just go to the nearest corporate Sprint store? 0  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Nov 29 2007, 12:09 PM EST
I too am getting the lockups, usually when I charge it overnight, the phone is locked up by morning. It also does it randomly during the day as well. It's frustrating. I haven't been able to determine if I'm missing calls though, unless they leave a message.

Sprint has essentially another 27 days to fix this problem otherwise I'll take the phone back under their return policy and get something else. Love the phone though, I hope I dont' have to...
0  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Nov 30 2007, 1:12 PM EST
I read somewhere that disabling roaming (setting the phone to 'sprint only') helps with the lockup. 0  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Dec 2 2007, 3:12 PM EST
I feel the exact same way. I have the exact same problems with the freezing in speep mode and the lack a basic functioning phone, i.e. one that rings. If HTC doesn't post a fix soon, they just lost another customer. I was hesitent to give the HTC brand a shot to begin with, since I had never used them before. They better post something SOON. 0  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Dec 2 2007, 5:01 PM EST
In another forum, someone mentioned that problem is having the ringtone in the SD card and when the Touch is in sleep mode, it has the SD reader disabled and thus causing this "lockup" problem. Can someone who has the lockup problem post up if they have ringtone in SD card? 0  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Dec 3 2007, 10:37 AM EST
saw this on this website www.sprinttouch.com so hopefully they will come out with this fix for the phone "Sprint told me today that the lock up from sleep mode is a known issue and is working on a rom update to be out asap. Said to check with HTC website for this and the Rev A update. Lets hope it's sooner than later."
0  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Dec 6 2007, 1:59 AM EST
nope i have mine set to sprint only since the day i bought it and i'm still getting the problem with it freezing 0  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Dec 6 2007, 9:05 AM EST
I am having lockups also, only at night when phone not in use. The only time I have had it lock up is when I have had bluetooth turned off. Phone call to Sprint and they say, well if it doesn't work, bring phone in and get new one. As this site says, that doesn't help. Hopefully will get fixed before I get fired because I am not getting my text messages and responding. On call 24x7 is kinda tough with non-functioning phone. 0  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Dec 6 2007, 1:20 PM EST
I have had my phone for 2 days and it locked up from the beginning after charging all night plugged in to AC Power - both nights so far. I don't have ringers on my card, I have bluetooth on and roaming is on. I really like the phone and hope they come up with a fix soon, otherwise..... time to try yet another phone. 0  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
cruise350
cruise350
Dec 6 2007, 7:51 PM EST
I've been experimenting with my phone lately to try and find the source of the lock ups. So far, I believe it is related to the data connection. If the data connection is left active when I'm not using it, and I let the phone go into standby or hit the off button, and then leave it off for a while, turn it on and then the calling function doesn't work or it will lock up and require a soft reset. If, everytime I'm finished using the internet or data connection I go into connection manager and turn off the data connection, the phone works and I don't get a lock up. So far it has lasted a day and a half without a lock up. This may be the problem area, and is definitely sprints or htcs fault. My treo700wx never had a problem leaving the data connection active all the time.

To test this theory, those others that are getting the lock ups or problems dialing or receiving calls try doing a soft reset to clear everything out first, and then try to end your data connection after each use before allowing it to go into standby and see if your lockups stop. This way we can see if it is the problem or just another symptom.
3  out of 4 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Dec 6 2007, 10:12 PM EST
I contacted HTC today and they said they don't know about any ROM fix for any of these issues. Their suggestion was to do a hard reset and if that didn't work to contact Sprint for a new phone. So, the viscous circle begins. Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Dec 7 2007, 5:34 AM EST
I set it to "sprint only" and am still having the lock ups. WTF 1  out of 3 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Dec 7 2007, 5:46 AM EST
does anyone have a problem with active sync running on its own with out being plugged in or bluetooth connections? 0  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
2 3 4 5  | Next > Last

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)
Top Contributors