• A Wetpaint Site
Already a member?
Sign in
close
Welcome! Wikis are websites that everyone can build together. It's easy!

Discussion: EVDO Rev-a

Keyword tags: Mogul Sprint
Watch

Anonymous  (Get credit for your thread)

2 | Next
aspielman

aspielman
EVDO Rev-a
Dec 5 2007, 12:00 PM EST
Sprint has rolled out EVDO Rev-A in San Francisco. When will the upgrade to the Mogul be available to support the higher speed? 5  out of 6 found this valuable. Do you?    
ops1kcj

ops1kcj
RE: EVDO Rev-a
Jan 11 2008, 3:07 AM EST
It have been available in many parts of the US... I understand that EVDO Rev. A will be pushed out sometime this quarter... but they said that last quarter! GPS may be on it's way as well. Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Jan 11 2008, 9:32 AM EST
Interesting, I did not know about GPS. Does this mean it will work with Google Maps or is that GSM only? Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Jan 12 2008, 1:58 PM EST
"It have been available in many parts of the US... I understand that EVDO Rev. A will be pushed out sometime this quarter... but they said that last quarter! GPS may be on it's way as well."
I already have GPS working on my Mogul using a 3rd party software and it runs great. Some of my friends who has the Iphone could not believe how strong the windows mobile 6 Mogul can perform which the Iphone is not capable having GPS. :-) If you want proof goto youtube and see the Awesome GPS in Action using the HTC Mogul Smartphone. And yes using Rev A. and love the speed...

Youtube video: http://youtube.com/watch?v=PDXXYuJSWM4
1  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Jan 12 2008, 2:41 PM EST
Which software are you using for GPS and how did you get the Rev A upgrade? Any help on this would be appreciated.
Thanks...
1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Jan 15 2008, 12:40 AM EST
I spoke with a HTC guy at CES in Las Vegas, he said to keep an eye out for the new flash Jan 28th for GPS!

Sorry, havn't created an account here, just seeing if anyone else posed it.
2  out of 3 found this valuable. Do you?    
bigbill36

bigbill36
Jan 16 2008, 11:36 AM EST
Sprint is testing the Rev A upgrade now and it should be available by February 4  out of 4 found this valuable. Do you?    
cjatfenway
cjatfenway
Feb 16 2008, 2:11 PM EST
"Sprint is testing the Rev A upgrade now and it should be available by February"
Is this still on schedule? I just bought this phone and I'm not sure if I got the update. Is there any way to verify? 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Feb 18 2008, 10:31 PM EST
I have heard the new update will be available end of march. That is all hear say though. There is a "leaked GPS/EVDO-A rom" out there but I have heard its a bit unstable and not supported by HTC or Sprint. 0  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Feb 18 2008, 11:01 PM EST
yeah i upgraded my own rom and flashed the device with titans rom pretty easy to do and GPS works 100%.. Sprint Navi, WindowsLIVE Maps, Google, all work fine.
use at ur own risk but let it be known if u follow the directions properly u cant mess it up

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=9093

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=362563

both of these sites are DEDICATED to smartphones, why wait for sprints broken promises u can always flash it back enjoy

Anonymous
Feb 18 2008, 11:04 PM EST
iphone doesnt have aGPS chipset it uses at&t cell towers to determine where you are... hence in roaming no GPS. no att service no track. And it doesnt have turn by turn directions just text. Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Feb 18 2008, 11:06 PM EST
also i forgot to mention WM6.1 is in this rom which included "threaded text messages" AND a task manager built in i have 16mb free ram when OS loads...No more memory leaks,and EVDO Rev A is included in radio update, stop missing out you paid for features for a phone, use them. POST your stories here i will check back to see. Happy Flashing Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Feb 19 2008, 8:04 AM EST
I have loaded the leaked ROM with GPS and EVDO-A on my Sprint Mogul and am happy to say that it is working great, Internet is very fast, and GPS works with MS Live search and Sprint NAV. I have also loaded other apps like MS Voice Command, WMWifiRouter, and various games. No bugs to report at all. The ROM upgrade process went smooth and easy. However, this was my second attempt at loading the ROM, the first attempt failed miserably, but I was in an area with only roaming access to Sprint. Now that I am home and reloaded the v3xxxxx ROM it's great. 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Feb 19 2008, 10:13 PM EST
Hello - I've had my mogul since July - love it ...but also want to do the rev a upgrade . was trying to follow the link from above / but was unsure - and it looked like i needed some extra privilege or couldn't get access - was hoping i might get someone to help me on a proper procedure - looks like one can always go back to the mogul rom update if things went wrong - correct? ...anyway, I would greatly appreciate the help... Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Feb 20 2008, 11:02 PM EST
as long as u install the bootloader/unlocker FIRST you will never BRICK the mogul. And as far as special access.... register at those forums, they provide a wealth of information 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Feb 20 2008, 11:08 PM EST
thanks for your reply - but not sure what you mean by a bootloader / unlocker. have downloaded the titan 3.27 rom, and the other exe called dcd_titan_2.1_sprint, but both of them fail when i sync and start the rom update ??....have you done this succesfully? ...and may I get some specific instructions? Thanks much Scott Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Feb 21 2008, 11:56 PM EST
yes u cannot install a rom until u have unlocked the phone
ftp://ppcgeeks:[email protected]/Titan/Users/ImCoKeMaN/roms/Hard-SPL-MFG.exe
hardspl will install a program onto your phone that will ensure u dont BRICK the phone. It will also unlock the phone. follow the directions here

dont be affraid to post questions on that forum read the entire first post
then visit
make sure u follow instructions in the steps they show. WRITE DOWN YOUR INFO you will need it once the update completes...

Anonymous
Feb 22 2008, 11:36 AM EST
"yes u cannot install a rom until u have unlocked the phone
ftp://ppcgeeks:[email protected]/Titan/Users/ImCoKeMaN/roms/Hard-SPL-MFG.exe
hardspl will install a program onto your phone that will ensure u dont BRICK the phone. It will also unlock the phone. follow the directions here

dont be affraid to post questions on that forum read the entire first post
then visit
make sure u follow instructions in the steps they show. WRITE DOWN YOUR INFO you will need it once the update completes...
"
This appears to be an unlocker for GSM versions only. I Have a Sprint CDMA HTC (mogul/Titan). Is there a copy of the pending ROM out there someplace and if so how do I get it and load it? I really want the access to the GPS chipwork with either Google Maps or TomTom software. Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Mar 22 2008, 2:28 AM EDT
the update is official Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Tuesday, 2:50 PM EDT
"Interesting, I did not know about GPS. Does this mean it will work with Google Maps or is that GSM only?"
The internal GPS should work with Google Maps. I use a $40 external GPS w/ Google Maps: It works great and has traffic (most stand-alone GPS units don't, or require a separate radio and monthly subscription). Can't wait for the unlocking of the internal GPS... Do you find this valuable?    
2 | Next

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)
Top Contributors