• A Wetpaint Site

Discussion: Not enough memory - delete files message (repeatedly)

Keyword tags: delete files memory message

Watch

Anonymous
Not enough memory - delete files message (repeatedly)
Nov 5 2007, 11:39 AM EST
I have been getting a message 10-20 times a day saying I have inadequatememory and need to delete some files. I have no photos, no audio files, no movies, no 3rd party programs on the phone and have deleted everything I can find. I also have a 256 meg memory card that I use for everything I can. Why do I get this message all the time. t is very annoying. 7  out of 8 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
RE: Not enough memory - delete files message (repeatedly)
Nov 5 2007, 11:59 AM EST
I don't have a memory card but I got that message repeatedly until I deleted the temporary files from Internet Explorer. You can do this easily but checking the options in IE. Hope that helps. 9  out of 9 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Nov 22 2007, 5:42 PM EST
nice that worked wonderfully thanks for the help
go to ie
select menu
select tools
select options
choose the memory tab
delete all cookies and temp files
13  out of 15 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
May 3 2008, 11:13 AM EDT
Worked like a charm, freed up a whopping 6 MB. Thanks Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
May 30 2008, 9:08 AM EDT
You probably have:
1) Too many saved text messages, both sent/received and also check your folders under MMS. These take up lots of space.
2) The entire call list of all calls ever made by you. Go to start>call history>delete list
Try start>more>more (etc) until you see task manager. Once task manager is running, hit menu>system info for how much storage memory is free. mine has 20.94 total, 15.73 used, 5.21 free
1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Jun 7 2008, 11:58 PM EDT
"I don't have a memory card but I got that message repeatedly until I deleted the temporary files from Internet Explorer. You can do this easily but checking the options in IE. Hope that helps."
Where is the IE options. Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Jun 17 2008, 11:52 AM EDT
Excellent! Freed up 11MB! 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Jun 26 2008, 3:47 AM EDT
wonderful fix! I was ready to smash my phone.. that message was driving me nuts!
Thank you very much
Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Jul 8 2008, 1:58 AM EDT
Thank you very very much. I was also getting crazy, now I can finally use my phone again happily :) I have cleared more than 15MB with IE Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Jul 15 2008, 3:44 AM EDT
You guys are legends!! Thanks so much - freed 14MB!!! Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Aug 17 2008, 5:11 PM EDT
Freed up 50MB!!!! Thanks so much guys!!! Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Jan 1 2009, 10:50 PM EST
Deleting Unwanted ringers from system folder will do Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Jan 2 2009, 10:20 AM EST
"I have been getting a message 10-20 times a day saying I have inadequatememory and need to delete some files. I have no photos, no audio files, no movies, no 3rd party programs on the phone and have deleted everything I can find. I also have a 256 meg memory card that I use for everything I can. Why do I get this message all the time. t is very annoying."
I had this problem too. I moved my email from inbox to personal folders in outlook and that took care of it. I did have to fully reset the Mogul because it was too late for the memory problems that I had with it.

Would be good to be able to assign memory from the card for that purpose too.
2  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Jan 3 2009, 9:18 PM EST
all of you are geniuses. I stopped into the TMobile store (a real store, not an affiliate) and four people couldn't figure it out (none of them could tell me how to see system resources used, either). tech support could not either.

this thread here helped me clear out the phone so the messages went away. brilliant. just brilliant. i was ready to pay the abandonment fee and go to another carrier just to not have to deal with this horrible device.
Do you find this valuable?    

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)
Site pages
Top Contributors