• A Wetpaint Site

Discussion: SPRINT TVThis is a featured thread

gtiplus
gtiplus
SPRINT TV
Apr 21 2008, 1:10 AM EDT | Post edited: Apr 21 2008, 1:10 AM EDT
I have the Mogul. It's not all bad but leaves something to be desired. Is it me or is the extra software for this phone over priced? And what's the deal of not putting sprint tv on the mogul. Even my treo 700P had that. It came in handy for that CNN quick fix.
11  out of 12 found this valuable. Do you?    
browntannis
browntannis
1. RE: SPRINT TV
Apr 22 2008, 2:51 PM EDT | Post edited: Apr 22 2008, 2:51 PM EDT
"I have the Mogul. It's not all bad but leaves something to be desired. Is it me or is the extra software for this phone over priced? And what's the deal of not putting sprint tv on the mogul. Even my treo 700P had that. It came in handy for that CNN quick fix."
Did you check with Sprint to see why they left Sprint TV off this model??? They will be the ones to answet that question..
3  out of 7 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
2. RE: SPRINT TV
May 15 2008, 11:01 PM EDT | Post edited: May 15 2008, 11:01 PM EDT
"I have the Mogul. It's not all bad but leaves something to be desired. Is it me or is the extra software for this phone over priced? And what's the deal of not putting sprint tv on the mogul. Even my treo 700P had that. It came in handy for that CNN quick fix."
ha ha Sprint TV totally sucks. Check out my Mogul watching Live TV. Which is way better than Sprint.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=bsXH90dznS0
3  out of 4 found this valuable. Do you?    
bigwrigg

bigwrigg
3. RE: SPRINT TV
May 20 2008, 10:14 AM EDT | Post edited: May 20 2008, 10:14 AM EDT
FYI, you can do one of 2 things to get TV on it.
1, go to www.mobitv.com and use that. Thats what i have done and i think its better then what sprint had on the Treo 755p, my previous phone before going to the mogul.
2. Rumor has it on or around June 1st. they are releasing a new firmware upgrade that will have Sprint TV loaded. As well as some other features they either left out or have had demand for.
5  out of 6 found this valuable. Do you?    
Bignigga
Bignigga
4. RE: SPRINT TV
Jun 4 2008, 6:41 PM EDT | Post edited: Jun 4 2008, 6:41 PM EDT
yo i have sprint nav and tv on my mogul. this site is nice but www.sprintmogul.net will answer almost all ya ?s.
i had to upgrade my rom that gave me nav and the website i mentioned gave me tv.
look me up over there same tag.
1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
5. RE: SPRINT TV
Jun 27 2008, 8:52 AM EDT | Post edited: Jun 27 2008, 8:52 AM EDT
the win 6.1 update includes sprint tv and several other features. sprintmogul.net has the link for the upgrade which will give you everything u need plus windows 6.1 functionality. i d/l it 2 days ago and have had no problems with anything yet.

Anonymous
6. RE: SPRINT TV
Jun 27 2008, 11:25 AM EDT | Post edited: Jun 27 2008, 11:25 AM EDT
Thanks for the 6.1 update Anonymous. On ppcgeeks.net they have been talking about the leaked Sprint ROM for some time, but i have been happy with my cooked 6.1 ROM, now that this looks like the official, i am going to try to put it on today.

Thanks
Do you find this valuable?    
bigwrigg

bigwrigg
7. RE: SPRINT TV
Jun 27 2008, 12:14 PM EDT | Post edited: Jun 27 2008, 12:14 PM EDT
OOPS. i meant ppcgeeks.com not .net my apologies.

Anonymous
8. RE: SPRINT TV
Jul 15 2008, 9:40 PM EDT | Post edited: Jul 15 2008, 9:40 PM EDT
Word of caution... Sprint will charge you for extra services that they do not offer. For example, mobitv will cause you to have "premium charges" on your monthly bill!!!!
0  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
9. RE: SPRINT TV
Jul 22 2008, 9:32 AM EDT | Post edited: Jul 22 2008, 9:32 AM EDT
you just have to go to the "support" link on the HTC website and then "downloads" and do the newest upgrade download for Mogul Sprint. I did it yesterday, it works.

Anonymous
10. RE: SPRINT TV
Jul 27 2008, 8:03 AM EDT | Post edited: Jul 27 2008, 8:03 AM EDT
i have the sprint htcmogul 6800 and the way that u can get the sprint tv is to go to htc.com/mogulupdate, u will have to download the windows mobile professional 6.1 and it will add sprint tv and upgrade ur texting to.... its free and its safe, also a fun little thing to do is to go to spb software and get the pocket plus its very easy to navigate, and its fully custimizable, but u can download the 15 day trial and see if you like it

Anonymous
11. RE: SPRINT TV
Nov 3 2008, 2:51 PM EST | Post edited: Nov 3 2008, 2:51 PM EST
There is an upgrade for your phone take the phone back to sprint and ask them to upgrade your phone its free. The upgrade includes Sprint tv and pic mail there is also some othere little other things that Im exploring but it is worth the time and upgrade and oh yea its FREE.

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)