• A Wetpaint Site

Discussion: HTC Touch HD & AT&TThis is a featured thread

2  | Next
RajDmiami
RajDmiami
HTC Touch HD & AT&T
Jan 6 2009, 5:25 PM EST | Post edited: Jan 6 2009, 5:25 PM EST
Got a Touch HD unlocked and works great with AT&T network. Fast 3G etc. Love the phone. Superb display. Fast internet. Could not be happier, after waiting so long to get my hands on it.
0  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    
denco7
denco7
1. RE: HTC Touch HD & AT&T
Jan 6 2009, 5:53 PM EST | Post edited: Jan 6 2009, 5:53 PM EST
"Got a Touch HD unlocked and works great with AT&T network. Fast 3G etc. Love the phone. Superb display. Fast internet. Could not be happier, after waiting so long to get my hands on it."
You mean very fast Edge connections
http://htcwiki.com/thread/2096583/HTC+Touch+HD+and+AT%26T
1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
circlemusic

circlemusic
2. RE: HTC Touch HD & AT&T
Jan 6 2009, 11:27 PM EST | Post edited: Jan 6 2009, 11:27 PM EST
Yeah, I can't believe HTC is not offering US 3G on this beautiful phone, what a waste of technology for us here in the US. I guess it was more important for them to get the HTC Pro "Lite" contracts with the carriers. Lets face it, the HD with 3G would have been an IPhone killer. My Touch Cruise just went out, HTC offers me no upgrade options, I'm really disappointed with them.
Do you find this valuable?    
RajDmiami
RajDmiami
3. RE: HTC Touch HD & AT&T
Jan 7 2009, 9:02 AM EST | Post edited: Jan 7 2009, 9:02 AM EST
"You mean very fast Edge connections
http://htcwiki.com/thread/2096583/HTC+Touch+HD+and+AT%26T
"
Yup
pierrepiac

pierrepiac
4. RE: HTC Touch HD & AT&T
Jan 11 2009, 6:00 PM EST | Post edited: Jan 11 2009, 6:00 PM EST
Can't agree more. But is there really no way that the HD can run on 3G in the US? Could the 3G bandwidth be changed through tweaking the registry? I just bought one and having 3G on it will definitely complete the phone; EDGE is just not fast enough....
Also, the HD is definitely an iPhone killer since I actually am switching from an iPhone, haha.
jimhas62

jimhas62
5. RE: HTC Touch HD & AT&T
Jan 11 2009, 8:38 PM EST | Post edited: Jan 11 2009, 8:38 PM EST
Does anyone know what the largest MicroSd card usable in the TOUCH HD?
denco7
denco7
6. RE: HTC Touch HD & AT&T
Jan 11 2009, 9:24 PM EST | Post edited: Jan 11 2009, 9:24 PM EST
"Can't agree more. But is there really no way that the HD can run on 3G in the US? Could the 3G bandwidth be changed through tweaking the registry? I just bought one and having 3G on it will definitely complete the phone; EDGE is just not fast enough....
Also, the HD is definitely an iPhone killer since I actually am switching from an iPhone, haha."
It is a hardware limitation, not software,

The largest tested to work is 8gb but, people have had success with 16gb as they probably will have once the 32gn micro sdhc cards come out.
jimhas62

jimhas62
7. RE: HTC Touch HD & AT&T
Jan 12 2009, 8:16 PM EST | Post edited: Jan 12 2009, 8:16 PM EST
Besides, if you had an answer you could be useful, but, alass.
denco7
denco7
8. RE: HTC Touch HD & AT&T
Jan 12 2009, 8:57 PM EST | Post edited: Jan 12 2009, 8:57 PM EST
"Besides, if you had an answer you could be useful, but, alass."
You asked for help, I gave you an an answer, need some help with the old guy glasses Jim ? How many times are you going to post the same ??????????????.
jimhas62

jimhas62
9. RE: HTC Touch HD & AT&T
Jan 18 2009, 2:02 PM EST | Post edited: Jan 18 2009, 2:02 PM EST
OK, I'm not fast. New to this stuff. So......... THANK YOU!
denco7
denco7
10. RE: HTC Touch HD & AT&T
Jan 18 2009, 2:07 PM EST | Post edited: Jan 18 2009, 2:07 PM EST
"OK, I'm not fast. New to this stuff. So......... THANK YOU!"
Anytime, glad to help with any questions
hopley
hopley
11. RE: HTC Touch HD & AT&T
Apr 14 2009, 4:16 PM EDT | Post edited: Apr 14 2009, 4:16 PM EDT
just found this wiki pg and just joined so I could ask a few Qs. Like others, I think HTC rocks but my Tilt weighs like a rock. From what I've seen the Touch HD is HTCs answer to the iPhone. At first I read it only had Russian language settings but reading this thread lends me to believe otherwise. I am a USA/AT&T user and really want to get a HD but cannot afford one so I'm waiting for an AT&T upgrade offering when my 2 years expire. Does anyone know what HTC models AT&T plans to carry in the near future and are any of them comparable to the iPhone?
albie1937

albie1937
12. RE: HTC Touch HD & AT&T
Apr 14 2009, 10:07 PM EDT | Post edited: Apr 14 2009, 10:07 PM EDT
up to 32gb.
albie1937

albie1937
13. RE: HTC Touch HD & AT&T
Apr 14 2009, 10:09 PM EDT | Post edited: Apr 14 2009, 10:09 PM EDT
The Touch HD has 3.5G which is used overseas. That is why its not compatible with AT&T 3G network.
albie1937

albie1937
14. RE: HTC Touch HD & AT&T
Apr 14 2009, 10:11 PM EDT | Post edited: Apr 14 2009, 10:11 PM EDT
The phone you are talking about is the HTC Touch Max 4G. That phone right now is only available in Russia. Get the Touch HD.
denco7
denco7
15. RE: HTC Touch HD & AT&T
Apr 14 2009, 10:12 PM EDT | Post edited: Apr 14 2009, 10:12 PM EDT
"just found this wiki pg and just joined so I could ask a few Qs. Like others, I think HTC rocks but my Tilt weighs like a rock. From what I've seen the Touch HD is HTCs answer to the iPhone. At first I read it only had Russian language settings but reading this thread lends me to believe otherwise. I am a USA/AT&T user and really want to get a HD but cannot afford one so I'm waiting for an AT&T upgrade offering when my 2 years expire. Does anyone know what HTC models AT&T plans to carry in the near future and are any of them comparable to the iPhone?"
AT$T will never carry the HD as it is not US 3G compatible.
You were probably thinking of the Max 4G, which has only been released in Russia so far as I know,.

iPhone is a cash cow for AT$T, I doubt they will offer anything that comes too close to competing with it . For the near future it will probably be only the Touch Pro II for AT$T from HTC.
hopley
hopley
16. RE: HTC Touch HD & AT&T
Apr 14 2009, 11:00 PM EDT | Post edited: Apr 14 2009, 11:00 PM EDT
denc07, my bad, my brain was not considering AT&T's focus on their money maker, I was thinking of a compassionate AT&T offering a variety of choices. I've read so many posts that say they got their HD to work with AT&T and I read many posts from you saying no dice (at least no dice on the 3G arena). I use the Win Mobile aspect and all the Outlook features. I make a few calls and take a few calls, that's it. Do you think it's worth it to find and unlocked eBay (or competitors) Touch HD and try to configure it to work with my Office network?
denco7
denco7
17. RE: HTC Touch HD & AT&T
Apr 15 2009, 9:29 PM EDT | Post edited: Apr 15 2009, 9:29 PM EDT
"denc07, my bad, my brain was not considering AT&T's focus on their money maker, I was thinking of a compassionate AT&T offering a variety of choices. I've read so many posts that say they got their HD to work with AT&T and I read many posts from you saying no dice (at least no dice on the 3G arena). I use the Win Mobile aspect and all the Outlook features. I make a few calls and take a few calls, that's it. Do you think it's worth it to find and unlocked eBay (or competitors) Touch HD and try to configure it to work with my Office network?"
Check out the new Touch Pro II first. Coming in the fall to AT$T. Bigger screen, faster processor, and US 3G compatible.
hopley
hopley
18. RE: HTC Touch HD & AT&T
Apr 16 2009, 9:55 AM EDT | Post edited: Apr 16 2009, 9:55 AM EDT
denc07, I just checked out that model on the HTC site and see it too (like my Tilt) has the slide out keyboard. I'm looking for a slim profile and light as the iPhone. Are you aware of any models like this coming out from HTC available from AT&T, US, 3G, etc.
denco7
denco7
19. RE: HTC Touch HD & AT&T
Apr 16 2009, 11:19 AM EDT | Post edited: Apr 16 2009, 11:19 AM EDT
"denc07, I just checked out that model on the HTC site and see it too (like my Tilt) has the slide out keyboard. I'm looking for a slim profile and light as the iPhone. Are you aware of any models like this coming out from HTC available from AT&T, US, 3G, etc."
Take a look at the Topaz ( Diamond II ) nice lite and sleek, but it probably won't be AT$T, But you could probably get an unlocked GSM version that would work with Us 3G
2  | Next

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)