• A Wetpaint Site

Discussion: Picture Texts

Watch

Anonymous  (Get credit for your thread)

Anonymous
Picture Texts
Aug 8 2008, 1:36 AM EDT
I have a 6800 on USCC and I can not send or receive pictures with text messages. Is there an upgrade to make it so I can do this? 9  out of 12 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
RE: Picture Texts
Aug 8 2008, 1:22 PM EDT
No because it is a windows mobile device. You have to send them as an email. But you should be able to receive picture mail. 0  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Aug 17 2008, 11:45 PM EDT
"No because it is a windows mobile device. You have to send them as an email. But you should be able to receive picture mail."
I'm considering returning mine to the store simply for this reason. Picture text is so much simpler for business uses (and personal too). Not many of my personal contacts use email on thier phones. I cannot receive picture mail on my phone and the person sending it to me does not get any notice of a failed send or rejected pic text. Grrr...im not happy with this phone! 2  out of 3 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Aug 25 2008, 7:49 AM EDT
"I'm considering returning mine to the store simply for this reason. Picture text is so much simpler for business uses (and personal too). Not many of my personal contacts use email on thier phones. I cannot receive picture mail on my phone and the person sending it to me does not get any notice of a failed send or rejected pic text. Grrr...im not happy with this phone!"
I ask that you DON'T give it back.... once you know a few 'work arounds' you will come to LOVE your new purchase! Picture email indeed can NLY be sent or received as email... however, you can 'work around' this by entering the phone number as an email! Example, sprints mobile email is cell number @ sprintmessaging.com, t-mobile is cell number @ TMOMAIL. and so on. Once you learn these extensions, you will be able to send and receive picture mail! Hope that helps and have fun with your Mogul. It has LOADS of 'work arounds' that you can use! 11  out of 12 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Sep 15 2008, 6:37 PM EDT
do you know what cricket is Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Nov 3 2008, 2:35 PM EST
There is now an upgrade that you can put in your phone that includes the pic text and sprint tv and other little upgrades that I am exploring. I was considering to stop using the mogul because I was not able to use pic mail. Its worth the upgrade to your phine I just did mines and I am so happy. 0  out of 3 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Nov 3 2008, 2:36 PM EST
There is a new upgrade for the mogul please get it its worth the while. It add tv and pic mail there is also some little fixes to the phone. I hope this helps. Go tto the sprint store and request the upgrade. 0  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Nov 3 2008, 2:39 PM EST
There is an upgrade. I felt the same way you feel. Go to the sprint store and ask them to upgrade your phone. It adds pic mail and sprint tv and a few other little touches. Its worth it. 0  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Nov 6 2008, 10:03 PM EST
What is this upgrade called and how can I find it? I have not gotten my phone in the mail yet but I do send picture messages a lot and I want to make sureI can send picture texts w/o having to do it through e-mail. 0  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Nov 29 2008, 6:55 PM EST
You can get the application thru Sprints website. Its free. Yet out of personal experience please back up your info. My hand held completely went blank after that application was downloaded to my phone! That was a nightmare....
0  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Thursday, 8:50 PM EST
It would be really helpfull if someone posted the exact site from which to get this download. There are no free sites listed under "tv" as a search in the digital lounge. Please post a link if there really is a good one that works.
Thanks
Do you find this valuable?    

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)
Site pages
Top Contributors